Bow holder for climbing treestand???

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by colton96, Jan 11, 2013.

1. colton96

colton96 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ive been searching for one for awhile now and still havent found one..Ive got one of the older summit open shots and im trying to avoid the screw-in kind cause i hunt with different people at different places. just wondering if you all can help me out on this! and right now i honestly dont care how much it is because ive had to keep my bow in my lap for the past 2 years.. thanks!

2. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have a lone wolf climber with a built in holder its really nice.

3. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I don't understand why you can't use a screw in type because of different people at different places? This doesn't make any sense to me. Climb up tree..... screw in bow hanger. Done hunting so unscrew bow hanger and climb down.

However, I use something similar to this on the side of my climber in cases where I can't use a screw in type due to public land.

[​IMG]

http://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/hme-products-universal-mount-bow-holder/0000000067896

4. kennyg

kennyg Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I got one with my treewalker stand that looks a lot like the one in the post above, but I dont think its adaptable to different size bars. That style is pretty nice.

5. northernmoris

northernmoris Newb

Dislikes Received:
  6. dmen

dmen Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have one from third hand archery that attatches to the stand. You can climb with the bow in it so no need for a pull rope as well. Google third hand archery. I bought the kentucky bowhunters package, that comes with some stabilizing straps, bow holder and a couple other accessories.

7. purebowhunting

purebowhunting Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I checked that out, you seriously trust that to hold your bow while climbing? Maybe I'm missing something or looking at the wrong thing, but no way I'm counting on that while climbing.

8. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah personally I would not trust anything but my rope for hoisting a bow up. But that is just me.

9. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Looks like he may be holding the bow with his hand as well but he doesn't mention it.

I like them for holders though and ordering a couple myself.

http://thirdhandarchery.com/products.asp

10. Iliveforthis

Iliveforthis Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have a retractable dog leash attached to my stand instead of a rope, man that is handy.

11. Ryguy3684

Ryguy3684 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The one in the picture work well depending on your bow shape and climber shape. I use the fold out screw in type. They are cheap, work great, and are easy to take in and out of the tree. Not to mention the hunters specialty one has two additional accessory hooks. It folds up small to fit in your bag too.

12. jdhaines32

jdhaines32 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I also use the Third Hand holder on my Summit. Very sold handle my bow great but I still use a pull up rope to be safe

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

13. Dunn County

Dunn County Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Typically I sport an EZ Hang and the NAP Apache Bow Sling when using my climber.

14. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    definitely use rope to pull your bow up. Actually what I use is Summit's gun rest, that way I can use it for guns season as well. It's basically a hook of the side of the top portion of the climber (Viper extreme). Now when it's near time for the deer to show up in the afternoon or early morn, the bow is in my hand till I'm done hunting.

15. Wait-N-Pines

Wait-N-Pines Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  16. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I used a stand mounted holder for years until this season. When I went to a Lone Wolf Climber, I opted for the screw in EZ Hanger. I wasn't sure if I'd like it, but so far, its not too bad.

Have you ever gotten all settled into a stand, bow pulled up and in the holder, and discovered that you need to make a slight adjustment to the stand? I know I have plenty of times. With the holder on the stand, its a pain in the butt because you have to do something with the bow while you move the stand position around. With the EZ Hanger, its no issue.

The one issue I have with the EZ is that I'm always worried that it will get in the way if I have to shoot behind me on the same side of the tree. They do stick out and you do have to account for it. The only other thing I don't like is having to screw it in every time. Not a huge deal, but one more thing to mess with.

17. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    It's never been an issue for me. The EZ hanger is all that I've ever used, but I must use it differently. I use the longer model and when I get to hunting height I screw it in a couple inches dead center above my head, extend it and then the bow is hanging right in front of me. I've always loved that setup. Sure, the bow hanging in front of you obstructs your view a little, but it also provides a little cover to hide behind.

18. colton96

colton96 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Alright guys sorry it took me so long to respond! haha i kinda worded it wrong! i use a rope to pull up my bow but i keep it in my lap while im sitting in the stand! sorry for the confusion guys!