Team 9

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by kskcheche, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I have been seeing deer. I have had a few shots at yearlings, but that is not what I'm after. We have been getting some good storms coming through, deer are definitely in winter mode around me. Only a few more days left in my season.

Overall I'm proud but dejected about my season. I put in tons of scouting time during summer and really was on the deer hard in the early season through mid October. The second November came around the grounds I hunt were flooded with weekend warrior rut hunters. My cams only showed night movement where I had been seeing previously great mid day time to evening action. I've learned a lot this season, scene more deer than ever, hunted more than ever and had a successful season, even though it was frustrating towards the prime time of the rut.

Also hoping everyone had an enjoyable and safe Christmas.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  2. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Killed a good buck on the 1st, pics and score will come tomorrow or friday. Its the buck from 11-18 from the pics above.

[​IMG]

3. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  4. dunncty22

dunncty22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice work rutin! sorry I havent checked in for awhile... I got busy during WI gun season then finals forschool and the holidays. I am done hunting for the year. I have switched over to coyote patrol and ice fishing

5. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wow way to go rutin. I knew you would connect, great looking buck.

6. ArchArrow123

ArchArrow123 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That's a NICE looking buck there. Congratulations on a fine kill Rutin. It looks a little cool there.
    Last weekend I managed to take another deer. Turns out that it was a buck that had already shed it's antlers. I have one more weekend and my season is over.

clays deer 003.jpg