What Would You Do??

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by jmbuckhunter, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atlasman

atlasman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

A). You think a meth head with a prison record is gonna call the cops?? LOL

B). You can get in a hell of a lot more trouble for a firearms related unlawful killing of a pet. Especially if you try to hide it showing you knew what you did was wrong.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  2. dprsdhunter

dprsdhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    yeah you can just guy buy another dog.......but my dogs cant be replaced. each one as its own special personality that makes it even more dear to me.
    2 of them were picked after researching blood lines and pedigrees and was purchased for that particular breeding.
    These breedings wont take place again.
    How you going to replace that ?

3. atlasman

Dislikes Received:

They aren't. Never have been and never will be. Yet I have to restrict his activity during deer season because there are toothless morons out there who will shoot a dog on sight from a stand.

I........have to restrict MY dogs freedom on MY land because if he happens to trot a few yards over some imaginary line some idiot in a tree might blast a slug his way??

BS

I've worked way too hard to get where I am today to have to feel like a prisoner on my own land because Clems cousin skippy got a day off from the grain mill and wants to take out his frustration over his lousy life on my dog because it cost him a spiker.

Kids leave screen doors open, company doesn't always shut the door tight. I should have to worry about someone killing my dog simply because he snuck out when my neighbors kid was a little slow with the door at a party???

F-that..........and god help anyone dumb enough to try and spew that "logic" my way if they so much as even hurt my dogs.

4. atlasman

Dislikes Received:

You wouldn't have the time.

5. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am right there with you, Bro! I have a Championship Vizsla that I will be breeding to an incredible stud next month ... it took TONS of research, as you know. I love my dogs. LOVE them ... but they do NOT compare to my kids!!!!!!!!!!! Not even close!!!

Like I said, I have great memories of my other dogs ... but when it is all said and done, they are a dog ... not a person.

If a dog owner cares about their dog, they will make sure they aren't running deer on another's property ... ESPECIALLY after being told it is happening ... I wouldn't think twice about SSS if a dog was running deer on my land and I have had multiple conversations with the dog owner..... and dpr and Atlas .... YOU guys would never let your dogs do it, so it would never be an issue with you two...

6. brucelanthier

brucelanthier Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    LOL right. I might even use the router to etch the names.

7. atlasman

Dislikes Received:

Don't be such a coward..........you wanna act like a pseudo tough guy when you have a gun or bow vs a defenseless dog?? At least be man enough to walk up his drive and tell him face to face in front of his screaming and crying wife and kids why you did what you did.

8. atlasman

Dislikes Received:

Right.

9. brucelanthier

Dislikes Received:
    Empty threats from an internet "tough guy" with a made up name. Right.

10. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    What don't you get, Atlas? They don't CARE about their dogs if they have been told and they continue to do nothing ..... your BS example of your loving pup crossing an imaginary line once and being killed is a joke and just a tool used to argue with everyone on this thread ...

11. dprsdhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hopefully they never will chase deer.
    My worry is being out bird hunting and some idiot shooting my dog.
    I worry about it on property i have permission to be on and worry about a dog crossing a property line.
    It can and has happened. Get in tall , thick cover its easy to lose track of a dog or A dog goes off trailing a bird. As stated my dogs are trained..........I run an E collar and a beeper both while hunting to correct , call and locate a dog.
    Honestly about every guy i hunt with laughs at how much I worry about where my dog is

I think we have got off on 2 different situations in this thread...........nuisance dogs repeatedly causing issues and a dog just strolling thru the woods.
    yet i feel there are those that with out hesitation would shoot the dog just out in the woods.
    I sit here and say I do not think my dogs would run a deer. but i cant say for certain that it couldnt happen. Also my dogs have jumped deer while hunting, never chased them but did jump deer. someone sees running deer then sees dog.....reason enough to shoot my dog. I think not.
    As a vizsla owner I am sure you know how hard headed some dogs can be at certain times and how "intense " they get while hunting.

I also feel people better be careful about shooting a dog on ground they deer hunt on but do not own . Send a pet home with an arrow in it and just see how people react.

12. John Galt

John Galt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    There are very few occurrences in this world that a man could find him self in that would be worse than the one you would be in if you harmed my dog. Just saying. :)

13. atlasman

Dislikes Received:

LOL............Exactly what you are. ;)

14. dprsdhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Like atlas i also feel if you are going to shoot someones dog you should be man enough to go tell the owner what you did.
    The only reason someone wouldnt is because they are scared of legal repucussions and scared of the owners reaction.

15. brucelanthier

Dislikes Received:
    Except I don't have a made up name to hide behind ;) .

16. atlasman

Dislikes Received:
    Then you should have no problem delivering the dog to its owner as I stated. What are you afraid of??

BS Tony.........it's a real fact of life living in the country. Fortunately I live in an area full of successful individuals who bought up tons of land and built dream homes to get away from the mindless masses out there so it's not as urgent but I have a farmer I share a corner with that has some clowns on his land from time to time.

Some idiots don't talk to land owners, they are cowards that live by your SSS motto.

It's ALWAYS an issue I am concerned with during deer season............just a little FYI for ya pal........it's not always the dog owner who is the thoughtless prick ;)

17. dprsdhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Bruce has made the comment that a responsible dog owner always has control of his dog.......always knows where its at and has trained the dog to always respond to command.
    I still disagree with this...... a person can not always control every situation.
    If so couldnt we say the same about children and responsible parents ?
    You cant always control what you young child is doing..........cant always make that kid listen .......or always have an eye on them
    If so kids wouldnt get hurt out in the yard........if the kid would have stopped or came back when called it wouldnt have ran into the road chasing a ball and got it.......If you always could keep an eye on them kids wouldnt disapear or be snatched up in that small period of time a parent took there eye off them.

18. atlasman

Dislikes Received:

Mark Prior

Now what badass?????...........you want my address too?

19. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    If a person keeps letting his aggressive dogs out and they constantly run your property, you have warned them four times, they killed a deer on your property, your neighbor is a druggie with no regard for the law or your wishes...................................................................

I just don't see what other option a person has other than trap or kill the dogs.

20. brucelanthier

Dislikes Received:
    Sure.
    Surpisingly enough many parents, the vast majority, can control their children, can make them listen and can keep an eye on them. But, just like some dog owners won't keep track of their dogs, there are parents that won't keep track of their kids.

Do you have children?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.