What Would You Do??

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by jmbuckhunter, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This is basically what I think most people, or at least me, was talking about when they said they'd shoot a roaming dog. I'm not gonna go out and call a dog and have it run over wagging its tail and take put it down. If it's something that continually happens and talking to the owner does no good then to me that says they don't care, or at least don't care that their pet is harassing neighbors or doin whatever. Especially if that dog is being aggressive then I have absolutely no problem in getting rid of the problem myself, and that doesn't even have to be a strange dog if one of mine did that he wouldn't need around long. That's one thing I find there should be no tolerance for is a dog that bites people or attacks other dogs. I guess judging from some that apparently makes me an idiot but I've worked hard for everything I have and I sure as hell ain't gonna walk around my property scared a neighbors dog is gonna come after me or any of the animals I have. Now don't get me wrong I love my dog to death and seeing as its jus me and him I'd protect him almost like I would a child and I'm sure he'd do the same for me, but if he's doing something he's no suppose to be doin he finds out real quick it's wrong. But I guess it may be the way I was brought up but it's still just a dog. Does it hurt when something happens to any I've owned, sure but that's part of owning a pet and I know ultimately if he gets run over or somebody shoots him or whatever that's fault and I failed to take care of him and hold up my responsibility.

2. jmbuckhunter

jmbuckhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Lately I get their pictures once a week or more especially at my water holes. I've seen them chasing deer 3 times while on stand this season. I have a camera on the deer carcus. I'll let you know how many times they come back to their kill next time I check it.

Like I said earlier, I don't live there and he does. I have a travel trailer there as well as a 4 wheeler and tractor in my shed.I'm afraid if I did something to him personally he would retaliate when I'm not around. He has been in jail twice for meth production and his place looks like something straight out of Deliverance.

3. John Galt

John Galt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Chances are the owner isn't caring for them hence the deer killing, they should be fairly easy to trap, set a half dozen #2 coil spring traps and catch the dogs. take them to the shelter in another town where the owner won't get them back. Not like he wants them back any ways, and you avoid contact with the nut job.

4. Crossbow Jared

Crossbow Jared Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

You are one sick B****** .

5. brucelanthier

brucelanthier Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Impressive. I suppose I wouldn't just throw them in the boneyard now. I would skin them out, tan the hides and hang them on the wall. Maybe with little plaques underneath saying "They had a champion pedigree".

6. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You want him to punch this guy in the face??? Are you freekin kidding me?

John, just kill the friggin dogs ... you have given that guy more than enough warning..

Only someone without children would try and compare a soulless animal to a child ..... a dog is an animal ... period. I love my dogs and I have cried whenever one has to be put down ... but I do what you all do...just go buy another one ... you can't do that with a child ...

7. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm with Christine and Bruce and Tim and I'm a dog lover. Atlas, you have any kids? Feel the same way about cats?

8. Pro V1

Pro V1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I would start with a paintball gun & go to more extreme measures if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Fuzz_27

Fuzz_27 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

Atlasman can I explain to you how wrong of a theory that is? I love dogs always have always will but when it comes to my daughter or other kids an you talk that way. Your askin for somethin. Kids are humans you kill my daughter I kill your family. You kill my dog I might be sad but I'd deal. So do YOU see how stupid that sounds?

10. goodone

goodone Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The only people who equate dogs to children are people without children. I had a dog growing up which was my best friend for 13 years. She was always by my side or I knew where she was. People who care about their animals do not let them run free unattended. If you care about it you're there or its leashed, and I get it, dogs get off collar or dig under the fense or whatever but that's 1ce or twice. The OP was talking about repeat offender. And in that case an owner accepts the responsibility for the dog not coming home. There is more and more traffic every day.

11. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Dogs that run in packs and hunt can become very dangerous. They have little fear of humans. Dog owner would never KNOW where his dogs disappeared to.

I have a dog as well but he stays home. If he gets out and chases deer, then he might get shot. All the more reason to make sure your pets stay where they are supposed to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

12. Josh/OH

Josh/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    A) Then your dogs shouldn't be a problem.

B) That's called "Assault"

I have some land and a cabin deep in the hills of SE Ohio that my family paid hard-earned money for, with the soul purpose of this place being our family hunting/recreation retreat from the city. It's my dream, and I earned it. When my "new" (6 years ago) neighbor's dogs ran wild and wreaked havoc in my woods, I politely spoke with them twice. Called local law enforcement once, and dealt with the issue myself after that. I afforded the neighbors every opportunity to resolve the issue. They chose not to. I'll not have MY hard-earned dream spoiled by the neighbor's mutts. Period.

They still won't smile or speak to me, when we cross paths in town. I'm just fine with that.

13. atlasman

atlasman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

Never seen friendly dogs do the things you described. A guy on my road has two labs that slip around every once in awhile, they come in our yard and play with my dog in our pond, they walk right past my free range chickens and don't bother a soul. I have them on my trail cams from time to time as well. Never saw them violently chase or hurt a fly.

That's a friendly dog..........they would never hurt a thing, they just want to play and be happy. I can't stomach some moron throwing arrows their way trying to kill them so he can chase a lousy mangy deer.

14. atlasman

Dislikes Received:

You're screwed. Like it or not he will win EVERY time. He knows when you are gone, all he has to do is wait an then burn your place down. A guy where we are now fought with the locals because they were on his land doing a drive and a slug they fired hit the tree he was sitting in. He was 100% right and yet they told him to f-off and when they went home they tied a chain to his door and ripped it clean off the building then cut his porch posts with a chainsaw. The next year they shot 5 holes in his roof and stole every stand he had. It's a no win situation when you are there a couple months a year vs someone who lives there.

Good luck........be careful with meth heads man, they don't have much to lose.

15. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have an extremely friendly dog. Plays well with our 2 cats and children but let a chicken get in the yard and he will try to catch them. Had a rooster running around missing a few tail feathers for a while. That rooster doesn't come in the yard anymore.:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

16. atlasman

Dislikes Received:

For telling the truth?

17. atlasman

Dislikes Received:

Wouldn't help change your fate...............but thanks for the effort, now you're learning a bit. ;)

18. brucelanthier

brucelanthier Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well, tell me their names and I'll learn some more. I may even add the names to the plaques :)

19. atlasman

Dislikes Received:
    Yes.......don't be a coward wuss and try to kill his dog and hide it, then deny it when he asks. Be a man and go see him face to face and handle it. Unless you're afraid of getting your *** kicked by a meth head, in which case you may resume your cowardly sneaking around. Good luck in the mirror every morning.

Sure you can, adoption and foster care are just pet stores for kids. Foster care will pay you!!

20. atlasman

Dislikes Received:

You may only view your kids as part of your family.........fine, I couldn't care less. Just return the same respect and curtesy to me when I tell you that my dogs are included as dear members of my family. Someone kills your dog and you would just be sad?? Fine, I respect that. Someone kills my dog and I respond as if you murdered a family member. You should respect that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.