I love my rage two blades

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by nate, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Loganb

Loganb Newb

Dislikes Received:
    As stated above rage are almost one time use broadheads I have shot them and only them and I will be purchasing more as soon as I go to the bow shop...blades bend very easily as stated on original post the broad head broke, I broke a blade shooting a stray cat that kept climbing on my truck and it hit nothing but cat and ground. So to pay that much for a broadhead I expect it to perform better. Yes a good shot with a field point can kill a deer and you can also kill them with a spear but the reason we have compound bows and nice equipment is for when you do make a bad shot that's when you find out what a broadhead is make of and I am not a fan of the rage. The design is not very solid. IMO

2. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Then why would you "be purchasing more as soon as I go to the bow shop..." ?????

3. Crossbow Jared

Crossbow Jared Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I was shooting nap bloodruners last year...made a good shot on a buck (no pass through) never recovered it so this year i got rage! Never got shooting at a deer this year so not sure how they will do :)

4. WV Hunter

WV Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I honestly don't have a problem with the head itself. The problem I have is the fact that everyone who can't get a fixed head to fly right automatically says "oh well, guess I'll just shoot a rage". They should have named them "The Bandaid". I can't even imagine how many untuned bows have rage heads on them. It goes back to the marketing like mentioned above, which obviously worked - though I don't really agree with it.
    My opinion of mechanical heads is that they definitely work, but like anything mechanical you will eventually experience a failure. I'd personally rather avoid that happening, even if its very rare.

5. dmen

dmen Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    You can label me a hater, not because of any experience because I have never used them, but because of the hype around them. I have only used fixed heads and have yet to lose a deer (jinxed myself for next year) and have no reason to switch from the muzzies, and g5 strykers or slick tricks that I use. I have a friend who has yet to recover a deer with a bow and he has shot a few. He has the nicest bow on the market and shoots rages. After his last lost deer I gave him a pack of slick tricks I had. At the end of the day the broadhead is only as good as the shot that was taken with it. Contrary to popular belief, it is not like throwing an ax thru an animal.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  6. Loganb

Loganb Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry fletch920 that wasn't clear I will be purchasing a different brand mechanical.

7. Ya Get 'Em?

Ya Get 'Em? Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've shot Rage for 5 years now and have killed a lot of deer. They work awesome for me and I'll never switch. I've also killed a few with Slicks and they work great as well. My arrow setup weighs 476 grains. I also sharpen my blades to hair popping, blood everywhere!

8. team virginia

team virginia Newb

Dislikes Received:
    My experience with rage this year. My hunting group harvested 400lb bear, 3 1/2 yr old buck, 5 1/2 year old buck and a doe. Total distance ran by all animals combined after shot was around 100 yds.

9. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Any sharp broadhead will kill a deer with a properly placed shot.

Thats just a fact.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

10. Bob Thomas

Bob Thomas Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've shot three deer with Rages none of them ran more than fifty yards, blood everywhere. None where poor shots though. Blades were junk after each shot.

11. pgrace245

pgrace245 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I shot this buck at 30 yards and it had no problems cutting through two ribs and stopping that bucks within 65 yards of where I shot. I too can't say enough about how amazing and brutal these broadheads are on big bucks. Until you see these broadheads in action and follow one of their blood trails words don't do it justice. The buck in this picture was easily 230-245lbs an absolute monster. (1773)(3)1352572953090.jpg

12. pgrace245

pgrace245 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Here is a larger pic. 12-6E20A054-1968143-960.jpg 12-D35F91BF-1019596-960.jpg

13. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Is that entry or exit?

14. pgrace245

pgrace245 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    That is the entry. He was quartering away when I shot him. I switched to the rage two blade this year after using Muzzy's forever and I can only imagine how long the tracking would have been if I had used a muzzy on this guy in that situation. I love the hatchet gash these heads leave on the deer. I could easily see where I hit my second buck based upon the huge hatchet gash on side of his chest. I know I will never shoot anything else but a huge diameter mechanical.

15. Backcountry

Backcountry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ha, care to exlplain why your muzzy heads would have made for a long track job?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

16. Lastoneout

Lastoneout Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Helloo they don't have a 3 in cut diameter.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

17. Backcountry

Dislikes Received:
    Doh!! I forgot that anything under 2" is a guranteed 200+ yard track job

18. pgrace245

pgrace245 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Yup, my arrow hit a little farther back then where I wanted it which brings up another good point about rage...the larger cutting diameter can make up for a shot that may be off a bit and will cause the deer to bleed out far more quicker than a 1" fixed head.

19. Backcountry

Dislikes Received:
    Some days I have faith in the future of hunting. Some days, like today, I do not.

20. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Muzzy would have a far greater likelihood of passing through. I will take that advantage over a large cut any day.