PSE v bowtech

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by julien, Dec 3, 2012.

1. julien

julien Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What else did you shoot

2. Nick_P

Nick_P Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Best way to avoid that is to chootem for yourself bro! Some bows feel great to some and terrible to others. Just gotta find out what shoots best for you

3. Schuls

Schuls Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    You can get info all you want online about all the different bows you have been asking about on this website, but as numerous people have told you, YOU need to go to a shop and shoot them all and find the one that feels the best. One bow that works great for another person may feel all screwy to you, go out and check them out in person until you find the one that is right for you.

4. Harepower

Harepower Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I prefered the PSE BowMadness when I was shopping around. It just felt better in my hand (hard to find every model in LH to actually feel I will admit) The bowtech I looked at in LH looked used to me (probably demoed in store) Good luck with either, sweet *** present from pops.......bought my son PSE Chaos last year for xmas :)

5. Zach Denmeade

Zach Denmeade Team Root

Dislikes Received:
    I would have to say Bowtech make a reliable, stealthy, light weight, strong bow after I shot a bowtech all I could say was that is the only bow I will purchase and I have shot PSE, Hoyt, Bear, and Mathews but I still love my bowtech.

6. JJD

JJD Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    IMHO, you should go shoot both several times and see which one YOU like, not what everyone else likes.
    I shot around 2 dozen bows before I decided on one. Even if you must travel a ways to shoot them, it's worth the time and expense.
    I was not really limited by price and still did not pick what many would consider a high end bow.

7. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I can't comment on the PSE but I can give you some pro's and con's on the Assassin since I own one.

Pro:

Fast
    Holds very steady for a 30" ATA bow
    No shock
    Can easily adjust draw length without a press (I think you can on the PSE also)

Cons:

Rest in the R.A.K. package is junk
    Stock string stop/silencer is a little noisy
    Stock cable slide is hard on the cables

8. Blutooth

Blutooth Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Bowtech Invasion Shooter Here! Amazing Bow!

9. DoubleTapxx

DoubleTapxx Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

Helium is about the worst bow Mathews has and it's still better then most. Mathews is more than a name. They are #1 for a reason. I won't shoot anything but Mathews.

10. Oldcarp

Oldcarp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Last year I shopped for a new bow. My price range was around $600. I cant remember model names. I have 4 sons. Two shoot the Mathews and love them. One shots the bowtech and the other a Hoyt. On the Mathews I tried I didn't like the handle it didn't feel right. But shot well. I tried the PSE and it was alright I just couldnt get a feel for it. I shot the bowtech and it was definitely the fastest. I shot the Hoyt and the bear. For me it came down to the bear the Hoyt and the bowtech. To me the bear seemed to be smooth and quiet but the bowtech was faster and the Hoyt to me seemed in between the two. I narrowed it down to the Hoyt and the bear and shot both numerous times. I went with the Hoyt.

Like a lot of people have told ya go shoot them and see what feels right to you.

11. fairtondoeslayer

fairtondoeslayer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    yup, nothing like a real world bow test, everyone on here is obviously going to recommend their bows because they are theirs, just go shoot them and pick which one best suits your needs, by the way mathews are just a name, they spend more on marketing then actually putting the money into new technology

12. Tyson

Tyson Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Ive shot both PSE and Bowtech, and Ive shot Mathews. Ive owned a Bowtech allegiance for 5 years and it shoots better than most of the NEW bows on the market. I was thoroughly impressed with the Evo, but the Insanity CPX just has better performance.Smoother, quieter.. Also, IMO, both shoot better than the Mathews Bows I shot at the shop when picking out my new one. My friend shoots a Z7, and my Allegiance is way faster. The Mathews is quieter, but its also 5 years younger.. Shouldnt it be above and beyond as far as technology goes anyways? I just feel like recently, a lot of "NEW" designs are old bowtech designs. The "NEW" mathews bow looks just like the insanity..Seems silly to me.. anways my dad says I shoot so well with my Allegiance, that there is no reason to even look for another bow. He is probably right..

13. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't shoot a PSE in years so I can't offer you any help, other than, shoot evrything you can get your hands one and pick the one that just feels right.
    Like one guy said "it it more important than picking a woman":D

sent from my electronic carrier pigeon

14. Downeast

Downeast Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I an one of my sons shoots PSE. My other son shoots Bowtec and that shoots great also. I have shot Mathews. They are ok to high priced for me. I have shot Hoyt not impressed with them at all. Just my 2 cents.

15. Tinman46

Tinman46 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    bowtech makes great bows and a lot of guys up here live and die by them. I am a big PSE fan personally because PSE fits my needs. PSE makes very fast bows for a honest price. they are reliable and PSE seems to do things the PSE way, staying off the band wagon (which is me in a nut shell). My friend who is a very good and experienced bow hunter tends to go against my PSE opinion because of brace height. PSE does have somewhat shorter brace heights to help promote higher speeds. However that shorter brace high does affect accuracy. Because the arrow is in contact with the string for a longer period of time, it tends to make the bow slightly less forgiving. Higher brace height less speed but more forgiving with accuracy. Shorter brace height higher speed less forgiveness with accuracy. Bowtech does tend to go more towards the forgiveness much like the majority. Again, I kinda like PSE for this. I think of it as trying to tame the beast.

16. Bowhunter_IL_BT

Bowhunter_IL_BT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

#1 in sales cause they spend a ton on marketing and advertising with celebrity endoresments.

17. mflood3800

mflood3800 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    PSE DNA
    Lighter, center pull,little noise and little vibration.
    I added all the accesories (incl quiver) and it weighed 5.2

At a proected 352fps its a ball to shoot.
    I got the skull camo andI love it.

The biggest factor in choosing PSE was customer service.
    Buying the bow, enjoying the bow and the assurance of the best customer service out there.

18. bowhuntjoe

bowhuntjoe Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have had a few bowtech bows and a couple pse bows and can say 100% Bowtech are much better made. they both get the job done but the bowtech really has the attention to detail !!

19. chopayne

chopayne Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Id say at the $1000 range, you cant go wrong with any of them. I pulled the trigger on the PSE DNA because I knew someone on the prostaff and I was getting a big military discount. One thing I did notice between the Matthews, Prime and PSE I shot was that the PSE jumped in my hand, the Prime and Matthews basically sat still in my hand. My friend told me that the short valleyin the DNA is something you work on and get through muscle memory so im not too worried about that. The only thing I hate about PSE is their color scheme, WISH IT WERE THE SAME AS PRIME.

20. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Exactly what he said...get what fits you best. Just like me...PSE & Hoyt for me. The only Mathews I like is the Helim