Team 9

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by kskcheche, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Kill all them damn song dogs when you get a chance!

2. sycamoretwitch

sycamoretwitch Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Aye, for the first time this year I'm hunting a different stand this afternoon and the rest of the weekend.

I seen 4 bucks yesterday - a 8, 7, 4 and another small buck. This morning I seen the same 7 and he followed the exact same script as the day prior to a T - even passed through about the same time in the morning. He's all that I saw.

Went to my tree for last years stand and made a couple scrapes and even found a pretty big active scrape. I bumped a doe in the process but she didn't blow at me or nuthin. I'm going to close in on a big guy one of these days. LOL

3. CMTRAV

CMTRAV Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Back in the woods tonight looking for a doe
    Keep up the good work guys
    Taking deer to taxidermist tonight
    Be first mount

4. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Bumped a good deer yesterday checkin a camera at noon. They are starting to show up tho

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. kskcheche

kskcheche Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Man in another year that one will be huge, he all ready has a 6th point starting to show. Oh and is that bushnell going hay wire or what? Thats some great "vintage" shots.

6. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Im hoping it was just the batteries going dead bc the lcd screen was fading too. If not then looks like ill have to send it back for a new one. Bushnells customer service is awesome! Literally send it back and they give you a new one, no questions asked.

Yea one more year that tall 9 could be a 160-170 class deer. Hes already touching 50 this year. The wide 8 is a hawg too, just less genetics going for him

7. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wow Rutin, amazing deer...

I've been slowly starting to see activity again, lets hope I can catch something chasing soon. Seems like everyone is really on their deer, good luck to all going out this week and weekend.

8. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well rough couple days in IN. Hunted Sunday night and had a 125" 10pt right under my stand, could of shot him a 100x dogging does. Monday sat in rain for 2 hours and only saw 3 does, then it switched to snow and I had a 130" 8pt skirt me at 63 yards. Ended up seeing 27 deer that day but no shooters. Tuesday I hunted all day again, the am produced 12 deer but no shooters. I had to get down at noon to pack my truck so that after the evening hunt I could just hit the road, well at 11:50 I take the camera off the arm and hear a snap behind me, 50 yards in the corn theres a 150" 10pt. I slowly put the camera back on the arm and realize hes maybe 140 bc he busted up and his other side is NT. I tried calling him in once he started working away from me and he never even picked his head up. I snort wheeze..... nothing...... grunt...... nothing. Screw it I started rattling once he got 125 yards away and that locked him up and got him looking back but he never cared one bit! SO I climb down and pack real quick and get back out to another farm and only see 2 small bucks and a doe. Just cant seem to close the deal this year....... Its killing me!

9. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    I decided to sneak into the stand Monday after work - by the time I got to the stand I only had 1 hour to hunt. Maybe a little dangerous, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do the week before gun season. Anyway, had 2 bucks - maybe 1 shooter working toward each other at 70 yards. The one buck decided to go around the other buck - that buck decided to turnaround and follow the other buck - they basically crossed paths at the same time. It was an interesting encounter.

Going to be back in the stand on Friday after work.

Gun season open on Saturday. That said, think I'm going to bow hunt through gun season this year unless I am in the woods with a few friends who I am getting into hunting for the first time. Figure if they are going to have a gun it makes sense for me to have a gun with them.

10. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Bumped buck is back but broke his G4

Heres the bumped buck, he broke his G4 off his left side. Guess he'll score cleaner now lol!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9pt from this summer and early rut

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. CMTRAV

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys just finished posting the scoring on my deer. If I did everything correctly we scored 126 gross on my deer. Not bad for a 7pt buck.

12. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    Nice congrats!!

Can we get a check-in from some folks? Who all is still bow hunting - anyone gun hunting during gun season? No shame in that, just curious!!

Our gun season opened in Indiana last Saturday. I went out with my gun on a few hunts and my bow on a few hunts. Will probably use my bow from Thursday to Sunday. I'm starting to regret passing on a few of the younger looking bucks that I did early on this year. Hopefully I can get in on something - going to be tough!

Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!

13. CMTRAV

Dislikes Received:
    I am still bow hunting. Need to kill a few does . Will only be out on Friday with the bow. Then Duck Season reopens here in Ohio. Then Gun season roles in on Monday but I will be bow hunting through the week.

14. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Still Bow hunting, my clinical shifts just started for school. So I have been in the hospital 6pm to 6am a couple nights a week, terrible hours for hunting.

I also had a small basket rack under my stand at 3:55 while I was in school, talk about a kick in the ***. Anyways, I'm still trying over here.

15. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    Coldest morning of the year tomorrow morning 24 degrees - should be pretty nice - today was windy and might have kept the big guys locked up. Hopefully this cold night gets them on their feet - need something positive to happen.

16. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well I got to hunt on 11-18 and checked the cams earlier that day. Had a mid 140's 9pt under my stand at 6:47 am so I knew he was bedded close by. Never saw him! Checked cams yesterday and under my other stand stood the big buck I bumped in early Nov. with over and hour of filming light! Go fig!!!! Im after him tonight for sure before gun season Monday.
    [​IMG]

This guy showed back up too. Little busted but still a good buck.

[​IMG]

17. lansea56

lansea56 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Damn....some more nice bucks rutin. I haven't check in for a while. Had been doing a lot of hunting. Since we only get one bow buck tag in WI. I just went and sat out the week of 11/3-11/10. Saw a few nice bucks. One real big 10pt. Pretty tough not being able to shoot. I guess thats the risk you take taking a buck early. Still like to take a nice buck when given the chance, not knowing what the future ever holds. Had the WI gun hunt last wknd. Saw a lot of does and few bucks. Was warm. Had one nice shooter 8pt come within 10yrs, but half of one main beam was busted off. Decided to let it walk in hopes of getting bigger nxt yr. Didn't see much rut behavior still going on during last wks gun hunt. Some people I talked to did see some bucks chasing does though. Good luck to everyone still grinding it out.

18. ArchArrow123

ArchArrow123 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Guys. It's been kinda quiet around here lately. Well, I managed to get out and do an afternoon hunt this past Sunday (12/16) afternoon. As I was walking in I saw a fairly nice buck crossing the path directly under my treestand. I never had a chance to shoot at him but I was hoping he would hang in the area and would be back later in the evening. He never showed back up but I managed to take a nice doe. She came out with another doe at 5:05pm and offered a decent shot at 28 yds. It's really nice to have a fresh supply of venison in the freezer.
    I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas. I'll be back in the tree sometime soon, but as always, I'm not sure exactly when that will happen.
    P1010033.jpg IMG_0895.jpg

19. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the doe!! Keep hunting hard, when does your season end??

I've been hard at it and still seeing decent bucks on camera:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356380439.708024.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356380525.161141.jpg

We are supposed to get hit pretty hard with snow Wed. And I've been saying for 2 months now that would be my ticket. We had some snow last week and the food plot got hit hard Friday night with over 30 deer in front of me at dark.

I remain confident I will fill my tag.

20. ArchArrow123

ArchArrow123 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Our season in Missouri ends Jan 15. We are seeing very few deer, but it looks like I may have a nice buck (my standards) hitting a food plot in the PM near a couple of my stands. I'll probably focus my hunts to that area in the evenings til the end of the season. I think I posted a picture of him earlier in the season, the one with crab-claws.
    Good luck on your upcoming hunts Twitch.