So Now That It's Over....

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by jmbuckhunter, Dec 9, 2012.

1. skers85

skers85 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!, compared to last year it was terrible around here i think maybe the drought and ehd had a big effect on it but it was still fun just not as much chasing and fighting, hopefully the big ones hung in there for late season

2. skers85

skers85 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!, compared to last year it was terrible around here i think maybe the drought and ehd had a big effect on it but it was still fun just not as much chasing and fighting, hopefully the big ones hung in there for late season

3. ATbuckhunter

ATbuckhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I saw more deer but not too many bucks. I got way more on cam. You miss a lot when you can only hunt one day a week max.

4. bone_driven

bone_driven Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    shoot our rut is just now starting to get into full swing here in mississippi. Its so weird reading all this about yalls rut is already over and a lot of people are already tagged out. Im just now getting started

5. MadMan

MadMan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I was happy with the deer movement I saw in Westcentral IL. the week I spent there. Seen close to 40 different bucks between 3 guys. Can't wait till next year!

6. Schuls

Schuls Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Still waiting for the rut to hit down here

7. huntnutsbro

huntnutsbro Newb

Dislikes Received:
    best rutting activity i have seen so far on our property since we bought it! i passed a bunch of young bucks so far. still have a few lil bucks trailing does.

8. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I was pleased with the rut here in Woodson County. I was able to harvest #1 on my hitlist (November 7th), and had my #2 shooter, a mid 140's 8 point with trashy brows in bow range for a buddy who hunted on me this season (November 11 was his encounter). Unfortunately he was unable to close the deal in his 10 day trip with a mature shooter. I saw a ton of bucks chasing does, grunting, sparring, scraping, and rubbing. The majority of these were 2.5 year olds with some 3.5 year old activity. I was lucky enough to harvest a mature deer, but only had encounters with 3 other bucks I'd assume were 4.5+. The best action was on the mornings when temps dropped into the 30's. When temps crept up to nearly 80 for the high and 50's in the mornings the activity was much slower, however the first cold day after a warm spell the action was back in full gear. Deer activity/rutting action between october 31-November 15 was very predicatble in my opinion.