Team 29 - Death From Above

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by BigUTMuleys, Aug 25, 2012.

1. tc3144

tc3144 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    We should!!! Can't wait to hear the score!!! Man I've seen 6 different shooters in the past week!! I've got to keep focused and keep being patient. I know ones gonna slip up soon and come close enough for....THWACK!!! Heading out again in the morning

2. BigUTMuleys

BigUTMuleys Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Score update
    Gross: 98 2/8
    Deductions: 13 2/8
    Net: 85

Gross weight : 133
    Official point count: 9 ( 3 x 6 )

3. illinibowhunter

illinibowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Put down deer number three last night! Another doe...now if I could just get a buck to come join the party! I will be hitting it hard again this weekend so hopefully I will get lucky!

4. tc3144

tc3144 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Haven't been on in awhile. Going crazy running kids to this and that!! I've been swamped. Hope to get out next week before the gun opener and then over thanksgiving week hitting it hard. Been working on getting a lease going on neighboring property. It's like a circus in there!!! Hope to put some points up soon. But I can't pass up these moments w the lil ones. They will only be little once!!! Good luck everyone!!!

5. Brian Miller

Brian Miller Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Alright guys, I finally put down a buck. I never thought it would take this long. He is a great big eight pointer. He scored 146 3/8. I am so pumped to have taken this buck, my biggest in a while. Check him out. I will go post some pictures so we can get some points!

Brian2012C.jpg

6. tc3144

tc3144 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wow!!! That is a STUD 8 pt!!! Congrats man!!!

7. Brian Miller

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you. That was an amazing hunt. I had to lean way off the stand while croutched down to get the shot. He passed through my last shooting lane when I saw him. I bleated to stop him that quickly swung around the tree. Moments later the dow spotted me a bumped up the ridge. He turned back and walked back down the trail into my lane. Glas that doe brought him back down the ridge at 32 yds. I made it count. What is funny is that I was on 48 hrs of no sleep before dropping the hammer, long road trip. We drove all night, got a flat tire, and caught up in a ton of traffic (burning van along the highway.) My buddy had several close calls over the last couple days while I tried to tag a coyote or doe. Neither happened but the time in the woods was perfect. Now I just have to put down a Michigan buck and doe with only a couple days left until gun season.

8. tc3144

tc3144 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well haven't actually sat in a stand in almost a week and a half. Been helping an outfitter change some sets and hang some new one on some new property. Hoping to put a big one down before Friday as gun season will be here. Now that the outfitters guys have all finished up and left its my turn on some amazing ground!!! Hope the hard work the last couple weeks pays off!!! Heading out in an hour!!! Good luck to all!!!

9. tc3144

tc3144 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Was covered up in deer tonight even w a hard south wind and 75 degree temps. Bumped a real nice 10 on the way in. Let a smaller 10 walk by at 10 yards. Hoping I didn't screw up! Haha. And an absolute giant had a doe pinned down in the field for an hour al the way till dark. Going back to same stand in morning. I'm waiting for a chance at the biggun. Hope it's tomorrow morning!!!

10. illinibowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I put down a nice twelve pointer last night. Will try to score him when I get back in from hunting this morning. It feels nice to get some more points on the board!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352799403.960496.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352799430.676647.jpg

11. Brian Miller

Dislikes Received:
    Nice work, great looking deer. I cannot wait to see some points on the board.

12. jackflap

jackflap Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys...I havent checked in for awhile as I have been pretty busy. I guess I sold out but I took my #1 target last night with a rifle. You can see a pic of it in the water cooler thread on rifle kills if you are so inclined.

I still have a couple of buck tags and plenty of doe tags so I am not done yet and still have plenty of season left so I should still get some points eventually.

Congratulations to those that already have.

13. tc3144

tc3144 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice work illini!!! With the gun season in this weekend I took a friends son out and he smoked a nice 8!!! His second deer ever. So working at the firehouse today and washing all my hunting clothes. Headed back out tomorrow afternoon!

14. ruttinbucks.com

ruttinbucks.com Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I know it don't count but gotta 6pt for gun season in wis . Not sure if ill get out for any more bow hunting . Going to do an Illinois gun next weekend ,late season gun

15. illinibowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well I put down my final deer of the year this past Friday. I have had my best season ever here in Illinois. Managed to shoot a 12 pt, 10 pt and four does with my bow and then got another nice doe with my shotgun. I am hanging up the safety harness and switching over to my coon and coyote gear. Time to put some predators on the ground!

16. illinibowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Our thread has gone quiet...anyone else been out hunting recently?

17. tc3144

tc3144 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I was thinking the same thing!!! I have been on a few sits but this past week I have been swamped w work and now I'm sick. Ugh. Anyway, I have a meeting w a landowner on Saturday. And I'm hoping to negotiate a lease for the rest of this year and lock it in for a few years. I know he might want more than I am willing to pay and have never paid before, but my kids are getting to the age they want to go with me and my beautiful supportive lady even got her listener this year and wants to hunt next. So to me I can't really put a price on this ground and I am having trouble deciding how much is too much!! Anyway Saturday is the magic day! Throw some prayers my way and wish me luck I could use it!!! I'm hoping I wasn't too picky in the bucks earlier on and didn't score some points for us. But there is still time and I will still be in the tree!! Good luck to anybody still hunting.

18. Brian Miller

Dislikes Received:
    Still hunting here in MI, put down a public land 10 pointer last night with the muzzleloader. Feels good to get a great buck in Dec.

19. tc3144

tc3144 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Brian!! I'm hoping to get out this week and get quite a few more sits in before our season ends in January. I'm hoping to get some new ground for next year. So working on that right now. Anybody else hunting still?

20. illinibowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am done for the year. I filled my final tag and we've had some nice hunting weather in Illinois. I am trying to find the motivation to start going out after coons at night but so far I've been pretty content sitting on the couch relaxing