** Team 2 Thread **

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by cmkilo02, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It's going to be in the 50's and 60's tomorrow and Sunday. A bit more suited for riding the motorcycle than bowhunting, but I'll go ahead and hunt anyway. Here's hoping the big boys weren't lost to gun season!

2. TeamTitanium42

TeamTitanium42 BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Congrates bowchik,

Glad to see the Jewel put to use, wish my wifes was too! keep up the good work

3. TeamTitanium42

TeamTitanium42 BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Congrates Titan,

I agree with Kilo that they will not enter your buck, but no matter what thats really cool for you to share that with all of us. You never know, that 8 point might make a mistake and sounds like your in the right spot. Good luck

4. bz_711

bz_711 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Anybody still hitting the woods?

Hunting time has been hard to come by this season - and now coaching 1st and 3rd grade b-ball for my boys...I'll still get in a handful of hunts this season - and I'm totally committed to getting at least a doe with my bow - didn't keep my buck, so I wouldn't mind 2 more still for meat.

Hope all is well - would still enjoy a few more kills pics and stories...keep after it!

5. smctitan

smctitan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm up as I type this. Still been hunting this new spot to see if one of the bigger ones will walk out. Seems like its died out the past couple times, so I waited a week before todays sit. Of course I was spoiled the first 5 sits seeing 10+ deer each time. Took off work today and went duck hunting on the Potomac. Just starting to get real cold here and the ducks are beginning to fly. Shot my one black duck limit by 7:05!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

6. TeamTitanium42

TeamTitanium42 BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    I have been busy working on my rental every night after I work my normal job. but I am going to use this Christmas 4 day weekend to get out and test my blood in some cold and snowy weather. Hope you and your familys all have a great Christmas!

7. Captain Morgan

Dislikes Received:
    Finally got to hunt today. Snow was still on the ground in some areas. I didn't see any tracks in the snow at all around the field. Walked through the woods and didn't see any sign there either. Decided to cross the creek and see if I could find some bedding areas. Didn't find any beds, but did find a bunch of rubs in one area, so pretty sure that's where the big one had been hanging around earlier this year. Biggest problem is that I have to cross the creek. There's no other way to get to the area. Water's back in it and it's up to mid-calf right now, but normal water level is knee-deep and can get as high as chest or possibly even over my head. Banks are extremely steep except for one spot, but water is still deep there normally. Even if I cross and get a deer, I still have to find a way to get him out. :( Good news is that the big boy was on my trail camera after gun season ended. Looks like he's picked up a drop tine on one side. I just hope I can get him before season ends Jan 6, but I don't have a lot of hunting time available. I also had another good video on my trail camera. You gotta check this out.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  8. Captain Morgan

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like the big guy survived gun season. Not sure if he survived muzzleloader and late bow season, though. Hoping to get him on film again, or better yet on the ground within the next couple weeks!

Here he is at regular speed

and here it is in slow-mo

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  9. cmkilo02

cmkilo02 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Holy cow, he's a monster! Glad he survived gun season, Capt.

Hope everyone's Christmas was great and lots of gear was given to all! Have a Happy New Year, as well!!

10. Chiro_Archer

Chiro_Archer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well hello team 2! Long time no see! Sorry guys been CRAZY busy, but I have managed to get out a couple times, got a chance to see one of my big guys during midmorning at 1045, he was BIG, but I couldnt get him to come any closer than 65 yards, it was incredible just getting to see him in reality instead of on a cam. But I made it out last night and got another doe just before last light, so got some more meat in the freezer, and got my first heart shot, so I was pretty stoked about that, got a picture of the heart and the entry hole from the killzone. I was pretty impressed not gonna lie, I could fit my 1st 3 fingers into the hole and I got pretty big hands, so I would definitely not have a problem recommending them as a mech head! Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and all have a safe and Happy New Year!!!!

11. oldkybowhunter

oldkybowhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Well i.m getting up in the morning and hope to kill a deer. The season is run down and i have no deer meat in the freeze's all i got is a ELK i kill , and to me the deer meat taste lot better .

12. Captain Morgan

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys and gals, my season has come to an end. No buck for me this year. Sure hope the doe meat lasts ttill next season. I'll be picking up a salt block soon and setting it out with cam on it to see who all survived every season. I can say I learned some things about where the deer are moving on the property where I hunt and my try to get some permission from some of the neighbors next year. Good luck to those of you that still have a season left!