Best sight under 100

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by HuntingNONstop, Nov 28, 2012.

1. twillcox

twillcox Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just get the hha it is very nice. The dam things are amazing

2. Bowhunter_IL_BT

Bowhunter_IL_BT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I forgot the exact model but the Tru glos are the way to go. I think mine was the 3-pin micro site. 019 pins and has a light that goes with it screws onto the side of the pins not directly on top of them. All for like $40 you can't go wrong with it

3. HuntingNONstop

HuntingNONstop Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    But are they worth the $110 just for a sight? Will they really help that much, I don't want to spend the money if its smarter to spend it on something else. I understand that they are really nice sights and Iv heard great things on them, I just can't convince myself that they are really gonna change my shooting that much.

4. flatwoodshunter

flatwoodshunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  5. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I bought one of these yesterday and love it. Even in low light (within minutes of close of hunting day) the pins were glowing very bright. The ring is glow in the dark for low light also. It has a very clear level. The price is right, and it's light. Also, it has a big sight ring. I really can't say enough good things about it.

6. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If you are looking for something to change your shooting that much, spend $100 on a really good quality stabilizer. Look at some of the Doinker, Stokerized, Octane and Fuse to name a few. Something with the ability to add weight. Oh and make sure your peep matches the housing size on your current sight.

To me a nice sight is worth every penny. After all, that is what you are using to put the arrow where you intend right?

7. HuntingNONstop

Dislikes Received:
    Wow that's interesting, I would never see that coming, I have used the Limbsaver S coil my whole life and its performed great and for $20 I never really think about getting a nicer one. I'll have to think about that. Thanks for the info!

8. Bowhunter_IL_BT

Dislikes Received:

$100 for a stabilaizer is insane and not one out there is worth that much. You can get an Octane stabilizer for half the price.

9. splinter2

splinter2 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am in the Same Boat as u, I have looked at a 100 sights and I have it narrowed down to the HHA-5519. I will pick 1 up as soon as I get back from S.C.

10. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    I guess everyone has different levels of value put on accuracy huh?

You can get an Octane for half that but, I can assure you, it won't do for you what a higher end stab will do and a stab will do much more for accuracy than a sight will. I Shot my first Robbin Hood with a $10 sight. I shot with a $140 sight for 8 months before that. had to use my back up sight one day and bam. A sight doesn't help the performance of a bow no where near as much as some thinks it does.

11. Bowhunter_IL_BT

Dislikes Received:

Ok if a sight doesn't help with performance try shooting your bow without them. I have robin hooded arrows with cheaper stabilizers than im using now. The stabilizer is more for noise dampening for the most part not like you gain that much stabilization unless you use a target stabilizer. My Octane is fine with me

12. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    I never said it didn't help with performance. I said there is less impact on performance with a sight than with a good Stab an I'm not talking about a 20"+ long target stab and side bar set up. Now, no you won't see a difference if you throw on a simple "S" coil or something made just for sound dampening. Install an 8"+ that you can add weight to and see how much difference there is.

I believe an archer will benefit more from a good stab than a good sight. A sight does nothing for stability, hold, torque elimination or balance. If your sight pin isn't steady, it doesn't matter if you have a $500 sight or a $5 yard sale special.

For example, I have a higher end sight now. Why? My last one was a piece and piece kept randomly breaking or else I would have spent that $200 on a good stab system. I am using the same stab as I had before. My shooting hasn't improve much if any at all with this sight and it is a much better higher end sight. Now, I don't have the stab system yet but, I have shot using it. It did improve my shooting because the bow essentially "Handles" better! Once it was all adjusted, the bow (and sight pin of course) just sat where I held it without moving.

I'm in no way saying a sight can't and won't help improve the shooting but, in my opinion to say a sight will have more of an impact on the shooters performance than a quality stab will is an on the verge of an insane statement. Ask any target archer which is more important to them and see what answer you get.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  13. Backcountry

Backcountry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    To each their own but it doesn't matter how much a stabilizer helps your shot if your cheap sight breaks.

On a hunting setup I would much rather have a high end sight and mediocre stabilizer.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

14. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    I would agree with that statement and as you said, to each their own!

15. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    hands down best sight under a $100
    Black gold rush (actually average is $99)
    Great fiber optics that are very bright and strong and you do not need a light to enhance them

16. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You guys have definitely made me look into this sight...looks great and if I ever do get a new one....it's on the short list. Thanks guys!

17. REMYNGTON

REMYNGTON Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just looked and Cabelas has that Black Gold Rush sight on sale for $79.88. That seems to be about 25-30$ cheaper than other places. I'm not in the market for a sight but thought maybe y'all would wanna know if indeed ur looking for one. :)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  18. Backcountry

Backcountry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    100% CNC machined. Aluminum pins. Full lifetime warranty and built in Montana. Can't be beat

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

19. HuntingNONstop

Dislikes Received:
    You guys think I should spend the extra money for the OL-5519. Has anyone used that sight? What's your oppinion. What makes it better than the OL-5019