Team 14 Grounded

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by AIM, Aug 25, 2012.

1. jakeratt

jakeratt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    congrats...... Way to put in the time and make it pay off

2. AIM

AIM Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nothin impressive for sure but for my first i couldn't say no.
    [​IMG]

3. jakeratt

Dislikes Received:
    make sure to post two pics in the scorecard thread

4. benr7sj

benr7sj Newb

Dislikes Received:
    hey guys, sorry ive been mia for a while. i just got my laptop back a couple days ago so i can finally get back online. Hopefully hunting in a couple hours and every morning the rest of this week, weather permitting. Rifle season opens saturday morning.

5. KS_archer

KS_archer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Shot another Doe tonight to fill one of my Kansas tags. I have yet to see I shooter buck in range. Hope everyone is doing well. Happy hunting.

6. rednas5

rednas5 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hunting has definitely been slow. Haven't seen another shooter yet. Rifle season starts Saturday so hopefully these next two days will be fruitful. Good luck team.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

7. AIM

AIM Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Somebody flipped the deer go away switch on me. For 4 days I saw deer all over. Took 2 days off work to hunt and ZIP!!! Saw ONE deer. It was a spike buck that I let walk. I hate to burn my only buck tag on him.
    Moving over to my other woods to hunt for a week and see whats happening there. It's supposed to be a nice warm weekend but I'm gonna cut more wood than hunt. Hate to do it but reality has it's place too.

8. ajax

ajax Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey fellas just checking back in. Its been a tough go so far this season. Seems like every day I get off to hunt its hot or raining. I didn't see a deer this week, but got some more work done on plots and deer stands moved around. Maybe I'll get a shot at something soon. Good luck to everyone!

Btw congrats AIM on your first! Hopefully I'll get mine soon!

9. jakeratt

Dislikes Received:
    last day of vacation is tomorrow and temps have dropped so lets hope

10. KS_archer

Dislikes Received:
    Struck out on bucks this week in Kansas. Going back thanksgiving to give it one last shot. Could have bagged a 130s 9point at 7 yards but couldn't after seeing the 170s ten point in the morning. I've always had good luck over the holidays, we shall see how it goes.

11. AIM

AIM Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Saw a few deer tonight and missed an opportunity at a doe but no bucks to report on yet. Hoping to get out Tues evening.

12. USFAN51473

USFAN51473 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I went out Sat. afternoon. All I saw were squirrels and birds. Coming back into my development, 4 deer run out in front of my car. Figures!!!

13. J&A+2

J&A+2 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hunting has been slow around my parts as well. Our firearm season opened saturday and 2 of our target bucks got it, but I'm still optimistic at this point. Went out this morning and was by far the best day this year, 25 degrees and deer everywhere. Saw 15 total, including 3 small bucks, they checked the does (that still had their yearlings) and moved on as none of them are showing any signs of estrous yet. Had to run home for some honey-do's then back out this evening around 3, hopefully I'll run into something a little more interesting.

14. jakeratt

Dislikes Received:
    hey guys. Shot a doe tonight and got the whole hunt on film. I strongly believe that it was a lethal shot and well we can not find her. We tracked for 3 hours tonight and finally lost blood. I am going to post the video once it is done optimizing. let me know what you guys think. but Like I said I thought she was going to fall over dead even though I only got about 3 inches of pen.

15. Jmcarlson6641

Jmcarlson6641 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well no luck for me in MN the past 2 weekends. Seen a couple nice bucks. Had a decent 10pt at 25 yrds but he was with 7 does which made it impossible to get my bow drawn. Also had a what would have been an awesome 8pt come in twice, once at 25 and once at 40, but his one side was all busted up so I chose to pass him up. With only being able to shoot one deer in my area I chose to pass up shooting a doe in hope s of seeing a nice buck but I came up short. The next couple weeks I will be out rifle hunting which will not help us out on points so hopefully can fill those tags and get back to some bowhunting!

Keep hunting hard guys!

Good luck to all!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

16. J&A+2

J&A+2 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Well where to begin...I am very deflated as I type this. Today my target buck that I have been hunting the last 3 yrs was killed. After many trail pics and sightings I am now not sure that I want to go sit on my stands knowing that there is no chance of seeing him. Now for the story of this great bucks demise...I check my facebook status this morning and i see this buck laying in heavy leaves with half his rack covered and the headline reads "My 17 pt buck". Now with all my attention locked on the screen (immediately thinking this looks like the buck) wanting more details I see that the photo has been shared by someone that I do not know, I message for further information and get a response...4 hrs later that no one other than MY COUSIN has shot the deer. After countless messages I finally get a response and get to go look at the deer and hear the story.
    After walking up and seeing that it is indeed the deer I congradulate him and tell him that I had been hunting him for 3 years and all I get is a smartass (well you don't need to hunt anymore since you can come see him in my garage all you want). I procede to measure him at 174 gross and that's after losing approx 8-10" from last season, he asks is that good? I inform him that there hasn't been a deer killed in this county that big since 2002 (a 176 2/8) and he has no joy or since of accomplishment in harvesting the buck. When I showed up he already had the head cut off right at the jaw and the dog was chewing on it, I'm not harping on how he wants to treat it as it is his deer but I just wish he had showed a little more respect or appreciation for what he had. I forgot to mention that this was the first day he walked into the woods to hunt for 3 years with a borrowed gun and this is how he was rewarded. I had the buck at 62 yds thursday night but have been hunting with my bow to try and help this group and my overall sense of accomplishment, had I had my gun I would be taking pictures with it and ordering by mannequin but that after the fact. Just had to vent a little sorry for making it so long but a little aggravated.

17. USarmyMP

USarmyMP Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Midwest Ohio and anywhere the army sends me.
    Well guys sorry i have been absent. My unit has me going to all sorts of training. However my vacation starts today and its off to ohio. Ill be hunting hard for 10 days so hopefully i can put some points up on the board.

18. rednas5

rednas5 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys, I've been hunting hard throughout our gun season. I took this doe last Friday. Smoked her at 20 yards. She went about ten yards and dropped. [​IMG]

19. USFAN51473

USFAN51473 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I spent all day Fri and Sat in various deer stands in our state forrest during gun season. Heard shots all weekend long. All I saw were birds, squirrels, and chipmunks. I suck at picking stands!!!

20. KS_archer

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck US and congrats rednas! We should hopefully get some more down soon. I'm headed back to Kansas this week and should get 3 days of hunting in.