Anybody Carry?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by kennyg, Nov 13, 2012.

1. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Why doesn't this surprise me ?? :p

Tim

2. deerstalker85

deerstalker85 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I also carry by Glock 27 .40 S&W when I bow hunt. Around here the wild pigs have been getting bigger and bigger as well as more aggressive. It would be a bad deal if you ran across one of them walking to or from your stand in the dark and they felt threatened. I am afraid I couldn't get the bow back quick enough, and even if I did it wouldn't be enough to stop it in its tracks. You have to be real careful with them when they have young with them as well (which is pretty much always it seems).

3. Matt / PA

Matt / PA Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    "Pennsylvania State Police are looking for armed robbers who assaulted a man and stole his car late Saturday night in Schuylkill County state gamelands.

State police at Frackville say two men armed with guns robbed a 35-year-old man in the state gamelands near Walker Township at 7 p.m. Saturday as the victim tried to head home after a day of archery hunting"

This was from Oct 3, 2010

From what I remember of the incident it was 2 escaped prisoners who's stolen car broke down on I81 and they went off on foot in search of another vehicle. They found one in a gamelands parking lot. They beat the guy pretty badly, took his vehicle and he actually stayed the whole night in the woods because he was afraid if he came out they would still be there and would kill him.

There's no telling if a concealed handgun would have made the situation better or worse......but if it was me I would sure as heck like that option. There isn't really anything on 4 legs in PA that I'm seriously "worried" about, it's the 2 legged creatures that can be a legitimate threat.

You just never know.

4. WV Hunter

WV Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have never personally felt the need where I hunt, but if I ever do I'll have my xd .40! Even if I lived in a state that wasn't carry friendly when hunting, if I felt like I might need it...I'd carry it. Better safe than sorry.