Michigan stateland BBD

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by stikbow26, Nov 4, 2012.

1. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats great buck !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. tc3144

tc3144 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That was a great mistake on his part!!! Great job!!!!

3. Finch

Finch Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Walt!

4. stikbow26

stikbow26 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys I first hunted this buck last year and saw him twice from my stand and he was proveing to be un killable in his bedding area. I searched all this year for him with any sign he made it through Michigans gun season last year, I found two big scrapes across the road from his bedding area and it had large tracks in it. I set up there with just a hope"s that it might be him. What a surprise when he came running that doe in and i reconized it was him, Now I don't get buck fever but boy was my heart pounding. He came in following about 15 yards behind the doe and when he hit my shooting lane I grunted and he stopped right behind a tree with his head out one side and vitals blocked and me at full draw. I had to hold about 2 minutes when he finally started moving and i missed my chance by time i got him back in my peep sight, I grunted at him again and again he stopped behind a tree. Now he was on full alert and was not going to follow the doe out into the opening so when he started walking away i was ready and made a perfect 40 yard shot. Wow was it a great moment to wrap my hands around a buck that i only hoped was still alive. Now it's killing me because Michigan gun season is only a couple days away and I have another monster set of tracks showing up in the scrapes and I want to get a camera out there but don't want to tip abody off to this spot for next year. Here's to hopeing again next year..

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  5. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Walt!

6. Dogfish

Dogfish Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nice job. Well done.