pipeline

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by cmonsta, Nov 5, 2012.

1. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So theres a pipeline going through my property and they picked today to start cutting trees and clearing the path. They are currently cutting 50 yards from my best bedding area. Do you think the deer got out of there when they heard people and chainsaws? I'm still gonna hunt...bout to shower up and head out there. I'll be hunting about 200 yards from where they are cutting, and on the other side of a pretty big hill so I'm sure ill hardly even hear them down there. Just curious on your thoughts. Can't stand that they waited till the rut to do this and they arnt even close to ready to start drilling and laying pipe so not sure why they are in such a rush to cut trees.

2. Longdraw

Longdraw Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ughhh
    that stinks and of all times of the year to do the work they pick the rut.
    hopefully some bucks will still cruise past you and within range.
    good luck out there!

3. kennyg

kennyg Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I used to be a tree trimmer for the power lines and sometimes the deer learn when the saws are running, that means fresh limbs to chew on. Seen plenty of deer come in and chew on the brush before we could chip it.

4. Country Lover

Country Lover Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Deer have seen this before, it wont bother them.

5. Treestandsniper

Treestandsniper Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Why not ask the crew if they bumped any deer. I'm guessing they did and can tell you exactly where they ran to.

6. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well they didn't seem to mind the cutting to much. They waited till later to move but still seen some. Also kicked up a few right at the line on my walk in. It's good news for sure, but it also ticks me off a bit. How come when I'm on stand if I stink a little bit or make some noise I don't see deer, but these guys walk around sweating and running chainsaws and the deer are eating there an hour later? Deer arnt fair lol

7. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Last year I was cutting firewood, and I had a buck come by 75 yards away from me. He was chasing a doe (this was mid November) and didn't even look my way. The doe just bedded down in some thick brush, so I just kept on cutting. They stayed there for about 30 minutes even with me running the saw and throwing wood in the truck. Deer are weird creatures :lol:

8. Iowa

Iowa Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Because deer are smarter than you think. They see and smell that stinking bastard running the saw and know what he is where he is and if not what he's doing then, where. Deer are used to farmers and people working around the timber and its "normal". If they catch a whiff of something they can't see or hear something they cannot smell or identify then they alert and run off.

9. SItmoney

SItmoney Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have a stand in river bottom ground about a mile from any road, a few years ago the same thing happened to me and it only affected their movement times and paths, definitely didn't run them all out of there. You should be fine i would say.