What a nightmare...

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Decypha, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Decypha

Decypha Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So I was hunting my hurricane ravaged property on Thursday with my father (I hunt NJ....it's a total mess) and where there weren't trees on beaten deer paths and rub lines, there were coyotes running amok in the morning. I sat in a stand I normally save for gun season just to try something way different. A nice (what i thought was an 8 but ended up being a six with no brows) buck walks by me with a great body on him. I drill him and the rage drops him in 30 yards. I walk up to my buck, and wouldn't ya know it, the day got worse. During his death dance, he decided to run head first into a tree upon death, shattering every bit of antler on his head. It's been a rough season already due to the fact the oats were harvested in August and now its 300 acres of mud. It's been hard enough to see bucks due to lack of food, but then this happened. Luckily, the farmer lost his meat during the power outage so he took the buck off my hands without me having to ride home with the aggravation. But even better (or worse if you're my dad), on the way to scoop up the deer, we saw two big boys at the property line including one with double drop kickers. They would have walked right past the stand my dad was in, but he got out early so we could field dress before dark...the coyotes in the morning had us a bit on edge. Needless to say, rough day, but better ones to come.

2. ISiman/OH

ISiman/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry about you luck so far this year, but be thankful you still have a place to hunt. And also harvest a deer to help out the farmer.

3. OctaneRudi

OctaneRudi Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    at least ur hunitng, i was supposed to this morning but the storm prevented me from being able to go home good luck

4. fischer365

fischer365 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Got any pic's? want to see how busted up he got.

5. Decypha

Decypha Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    the trip out there was mainly to get away from the problems by us...i'm a cop n my father works for the tree department in the dpw...so trust me i know your pain. and no, didn't have a phone after dropping it during the storm, but it shattered both tines and 80% of the left main beam.

6. cowboy243

cowboy243 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    There is still hope if you find all the parts and you still want it mounted a taxidermist can work wonders, the same thing happened to me last year... good luck and sorry for all your troubles.