East Coast friends

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Germ, Oct 29, 2012.

1. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yep.... it really is amazing. People making these decisions tend to jump the gun. Turned out to be a pretty nice fall day here. The "snow days" have really become pretty funny as well.

2. Celtic Viking

Celtic Viking Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    We lucked out, didn't lose power so the sub pump could keep working to keep the basement dry and only had some tree limbs come down in the backyard. One of our down spouts blew away too, I found it 5 houses down in a neighbors yard. All in all we were very lucky, the neighborhoods all around us got hit very hard.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  3. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Got a full generator that's ready for camp in 3 weeks and enough gas in cans to run my truck for two weeks. We were fortunate, a few trees but never lost power.

4. Rob / PA

Rob / PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Lost power from Mon into yesterday afternoon.. generator on the refrigerator...fire in the fire place... all is good now, I lost no trees, no damage to property.

5. davidmil

davidmil Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I was at fish camp all week. We got rain off and on but the main part of the storm stayed South of us. We were north of Syracuse about an hour in Pulaski, NY. Got windy a bit but not too bad on the river. Water was high the first 2 days(1000 cubic feet per second flow). They were letting out water from a resevoir in prep for the oncoming hurricane rains. When we didn't get them they shut it off and we fished in 350 cfpc the rest of the week. Power went off for a short time at fish camp but only for about an hour.

6. 00BigMattyC00

00BigMattyC00 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just made it to my brothers mother-in-laws who had power restored. Still none at my place. Girlfriends 2 aunts live on the water in Queens, houses are trashed. My brother and uncle are both GCs and we have been pumping water, cutting trees and doing all kinds of crazy stuff to get people help. Mile and a half long lines for gas. Stores sold out of everything. It is honestly an absolute mad house but the Gas is showing up now and Red Cross FINALLY made it here to stage some stuff. A lot of surrounding states unaffected have been sending help and firsthand it is VERY much appreciated, as are all your thoughts and prayers.

Signed,

A wet, cold, powerless, but safe long islander!!!

Aim Steady and Shoot Straight ladies and gents!