Team 35 Check-In/Thread

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by tynimiller, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Fender

Fender Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I've been tracking a rub hope this weekend I can score some points for the team. its not easy on public land...

2. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    M3 congrats again on the doe and man that was quite the hunt you had!!! That 7 couldn't have lingered for me I'd have probably shot :D Go get one of those 8's bud!

Fender good luck!

I'm actually moving a set tonight in hopes to capitalize on a scrape line we've been getting reoccurring action on now for a few weeks....the spot the stand is in is just deep in cover, hard to get to and really an all day sitter so moving in and removing as quick as possible and switching to a easier to access and more huntable spot....we'll see how it goes and what happens when we start hunting it probably at the earliest Saturday evening.

3. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    M3? did I read it right that you have a 30inch drawlength? You must be taller than you looked or I have a very weird short draw length haha! :) Congrats again bud!

4. m3shadle

m3shadle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ya Tyni I'm 6'3". The pics don't do me justice. I think that 190 lb doe makes it deceiving.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

5. jvanhees

jvanhees Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Heck of a doe m3, thing is huge!

Ill be heaading up tonight for a 5 day hunt...cant wait. It has been hurricane windy and snow here for the past two days. Lost power last night. Great start to the week off!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

6. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Leaving work early today at 3pm to attempt the take down, re-erect stand move today in these rainy and extremely windy conditions.....good wind for new placement to cool off over night and hopefully not upset the woods too much. Good luck to anyone out tonight!

For those of you following my hunting log I don't have it all the way caught up, but sadly not missing anything haa!

7. OutbackRyno

OutbackRyno Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the doe M3.

8. Saskassasin

Saskassasin Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    good work M3!

and good job on the pass. you made the right call. If the buck is big enough, you wont be asking yourself if it is.

i am also 6'3 with a 30.5 inch draw, sure nice not to have stubby t-rex arms in this sport.

9. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys pulled the stand switch before 6pm even rolled around...in freezing rain, high winds I'm frozen but my pops and I did it....but it gets crazy!

I moved our one camera last week from our one stand location to the two-track (scrapes galore) our new stand overlooks....well we pulled that card tonight and pops took it home, and he gave me a ring!

So he said last saturday the 27th RD (the big 8) we're chasing walked right by the old camera placement near the tree I was gonna hunt but hunted the ground blind instead that morning. While it was about a half hour before legal time HE WAS AROUND AND I WAS ABOUT 100 YARDS AWAY!

It gets better if you don't believe it! So he said that exact night we got pictures up him walking up the two-track (scrape line galore) right by our new stand spot...I had just put the camera there around 10am that morning! THIS TIME HE WAS ON THE PICS WITH STILL 3 MINUTES OF LEGAL TIME!!!!! I unfortunately was 70 yards over in the tree the camera used to be by....just mere yards away during legal time and never knew he was there.....I hope my exiting that night didn't spook him, never heard him but man he's still around and lurking during and around legal light!

I'll have the pics tomorrow but I already posted some of him.

10. jvanhees

Dislikes Received:
    Darn ty...exciting. Hope it comes together for you bud.

Up here at the buck prop, waiting for the morning hunt. 15-25 winds tomorrow and 70% chance of rain :(....but...buck have been spotted alot in daylight up here recently, along with my hunting partner tom missing a 10 at 45 sunday night...

After tomorrow weather is suppoesed to get nicer....have a goood deeling about the next 5 days!

11. jvanhees

Dislikes Received:
    Gosh I suck at typing on this phone...apologize guys I do know how to spell.

12. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah that most definitely is my hope as well...not for lack of trying! Can't believe I was that close but yet so so far away.

13. m3shadle

m3shadle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Don't blame it on the phone jvanhees we all know its that Central Michigan education:D just being that close to campus kills brain cells. Haha

14. vectrix27

vectrix27 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    These 30+ mph winds will be out of here tomorrow, followed by some cooler nights. Shaping up to be a good weekend. Hopefully, I can put some points up for us soon. But as fender said, this public land hunting aint easy. Just a matter of time though. I been all around them, just not quite in range. Good luck tyni, hope you wack RD soon.

15. jvanhees

Dislikes Received:
    Hahaha now that is a fact!

36 with a 15mph wind, have the scent out, bleating and grunting, here we go!

16. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Here's one of the evening pictures of RD I spoke of...I was actually hunting the direction he is looking, about probably 70-80 yards away and think he may have caught wind, heard me or just simply by sheer coincidence looked that direction.

Either way lots of good things: #1 Didn't die due to EHD #2 Hasn't died due to other hunters #3 He is standing in a shot lane of our brand new set up (stand is to his rear and the back left part of the picture)

[​IMG]

Here's to hoping I get on him and the other hunter that has been allowed on the property doesn't take a stab at him like he shot and wounded a doe but no recovery! Not happy about sharing the woods with this bozo but he is supposed to stick to a small 5 acre chunk of woods and I think as long as he does that I or my father do have the better chance at him....however when rutting who knows :) *I do know for a fact he doesn't do anything really for scent control, drives in gets out and that's pretty much that :) I got a lot of vacation time coming but not till like the 9th....may do a lot of afternoon hunts as I can.

17. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Oh just so everyone knows AWD is still alive too, but not showing himself anywhere really besides the sanctuary to the South...which we just can't set up on this year, but have a tree picked out to prep for next season (just too many desired places and not enough stands or time). fuzzy I know but it's him

[​IMG]

18. OutbackRyno

OutbackRyno Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Lookin good Tyni. I hope you get one of them man. Good news all around.

19. m3shadle

m3shadle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Headed back to Vernon county tonight after work (11pm) for 4 days.

My new target is this guy. I named him "O Boy" cuz that's what I said to myself when I first saw the pics.

[​IMG]

20. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Oh me oh my...a big bullfrog and a dead "Oh boy"...a trophy shot and a big ol' sigh!