Team 30 Official Thread

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by Illinoishunter102, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Illinoishunter102

Illinoishunter102 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, thats a brute skillfullrug. I certainly hope you find him. If you find the deer, he still counts no matter what.

2. headstrong

headstrong Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hope you find him. Was out sat and sun moring. Sunday I had a nice 10 point at 50 yards. Grunted at him about 7 times before he would stop. When he did, he was behind 5 trees. He started taking off so I snort wheezed at him and he started to circle around. I heard him at about 35 yard but it was in trees and thick brush. Never came out. My buddy shot a nice 130" 8 point on saturday night. Got this next weekend to myself so hopefully things will be in full swing and I can get one of the giants on the ground. I'll put some pics up later.

3. Illinoishunter102

Dislikes Received:
    Any news on the buck skillfull?!?!

4. skillfullrug

skillfullrug Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well bud I forgot I had family plans Sunday so I could not make it down to my lease but I got a hold of the land owner to the north where my blood trail went I got permission to look from 11-1 on Saturday so its just killing me right now!!!! I'm bringing 3 of my buddy's I'm sure he is dead some where in this crp field

5. headstrong

headstrong Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    heres some pics of my buddy Kurt's buck 2012-10-28 11.03.23.jpg 2012-10-28 11.04.02.jpg

6. Illinoishunter102

Dislikes Received:
  7. BowhuntMN

BowhuntMN Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Was out tonight, had a buck come out at 111 yds at last light, fed right past me at 15 yds. Couldn't see how big it was just that it was a buck...Might try to get out on the 31st. MN rifle opens Saturday, going up north with my son Friday morning and going to try to get a bow hunt in Friday afternoon before the gunfire starts Sat...

Good luck to all

8. JDhom

JDhom Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well ther movein good down by me this last week. Seen aLot of does a few small bucks but i know alot of people around me are seein some monsters! Good luck and stay safe!

9. MadMan

MadMan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I hope you find your buck skillfullrug. Good luck searching today.

10. BowhuntMN

BowhuntMN Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Heading up north this morning to get asit in before the MN rifle season. My son got called up to the 7th grade travelling football team (He's in 6th grade), they won last night and will play in the championshp game on Sunday a 1pm. Told my son, who really wants to hunt he needs to put something down on Saturday....Good luck this weekend to all...

11. CFStinger

CFStinger Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Morning all, sorry I have been a little slow on getting in on the talk, I have been a little busy climbing trees and chasing these elusive animals called "bucks". They are all a-holes!! Anyways, it has been crazy around here. Have seen a lot of little bucks. Just about killed one we call the "Crabclaw Six" last night. He is a 4X2 that should go about 100 whopping inches. Could not bring myself to kill him just for points sake. Sorry to disappoint but we have some real bruisers around that could get an additional 80 inches above that real easy. All I need is for one of them to make a mistake. Easier said than done. Gonna sit tonight, and then all weekend. Finally getting some weather here in MN. Been stupid slow with more days than I can remember of light variable winds and sunny days of 43-48 degrees here. That doesn't move many deer. Hoping with a front coming through tonight should be a good sit, and with all the gun nuts in the woods this weekend, that should get even more deer moving this weekend.

The only bad thing so far is an a-hole neighbor put up a permanent box blind on some basically untouchable county land that has served me as a refuge to deer on my riverbottom stand for years now. He put the damn stand only 50 yards off our line and cut a sh*t pile of cedars to make a shooting lane clear into our property. So damn pissed but what can you do, oh well hopefully I will get my buck tonight and won't have to worry about the jerk. My 10 year old daughter is going to sit with her Grandpa tomorrow morning and she is soooo pumped about it. Love that!!

Good luck everyone. I will check back in through the weekend, and here's to hoping everyone has not good but great luck this weekend!!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  12. Illinoishunter102

Dislikes Received:
    I have been so busy with school so sorry for not contributing a whole lot either. So far the weather has been pretty constant in the mid-upper 40's. I really wish we had a big cold front soon.

Unfortunately, the wind is completely wrong for basically all of my stands. Due to the storm on the east coast, We've had nothing but NE winds. We rarely get anything out of the east. So I really dont wanna hunt on a bad wind. I might be able to slip into a blind for an evening. We'll see.

Good luck to everyone this weekend!

13. CFStinger

Dislikes Received:
    Good news guys!! Since all of my neighbors are all a-holes our crew here is no longer keeping to our management plan!! D!cks here who all said "Oh we are not shooting unless they are 3.5 yrs plus and 130+" have all been determined to be lying after hearing they are shooting at many 80-100 inch basket 8's this morning. So pissed right now could not even put it into words. Fun sitting during gun season with a bow and watching things go down but come first light this morning and hearing group in hills across river from me straight-up "shooting" and not "hunting", wow they cleaned up big time. They quit hunting at 11 and were still driving around the woods with a 4 wheeler at 5pm finding deer they shot earlier today. They kept saying "Hey, I found another one!". So sick of all these people saying one thing and doing another....

14. skillfullrug

Dislikes Received:
    Well boys could not find my deer found the blood trail but no deer i have next week off so hopen something goes down[​IMG]

15. Illinoishunter102

Dislikes Received:
    Spell of bad luck for our team :( Hopefully things turn around for us soon!

16. CFStinger

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys, I am tagged out. Wish I could say it was a 140" deer like last year, but with the way this year has gone, I just said F-it and poked my buck this am. 80 1/2" is all I could muster for you guys, but, points are points. Brother in law shotgunned a 7 pointer this am so, he is now done too. Just happy I was able to fill two tags with my bow this year. Longest shot I have ever made. Pinch over 40 yards. Nice being able to use one pin, the PSE shoots so sweet. Was a heart shot, the NAP Killzones left a massive blood trail, it was pouring out of him, and he only went 20 yards. Love not having to track deer.

downsize (5).jpg

17. CFStinger

Dislikes Received:
    Totally forgot I have to have two photos guys. It won't show on scorecard until tomorrow. I will get another photo tomorrow night before I start butchering him. That was just about bad. Well, will get it done tomorrow.

18. MadMan

MadMan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the buck cfstinger, sorry to hear about your hunting parties course of action.
    Skillfullrug that sucks that you didnt find him, good luck on your week off.

19. skillfullrug

Dislikes Received:
    Good job stinger !

20. Illinoishunter102

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats! Way to go, points aren't everything. Glad your are able to fill your tags and your freezer :tu: