Team 35 Check-In/Thread

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by tynimiller, Aug 25, 2012.

1. OutbackRyno

OutbackRyno Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hope this cool front gets everything rolling for you guys. As captain said, keep putting in the time and it will happen. I have a week of vacation starting 1 week from today. Looking to fill my last buck tag.

2. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Cold front is killing me...whole way into work I couldn't help but want to turn around and hunt....may take some afternoon vacation time...we'll see. May save it for closer to the November rut.

3. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys following gut feeling...couldn't set in cubicle! Spent 2.com5hrs of vac time and heading home to shower now...then quick to Swamp Prop for evening hunt.....we'll see what happens.

4. OutbackRyno

Dislikes Received:
    Good Luck Buddy. Show us some trophy pics.

5. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys up tree and I pulled card right by stand prior to climbing....and nothing besides a small 8 and the same two yearling does...only does we've been getting on pics in the woods....ehd suspected as to why no mature older does seem non-existent...however we haven't found any and corn is still over 50% up around property. Here's to hoping a big boy wonders by cruising with cooler temps.

6. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Only one deer tonight...same 8-pointer I had come within feet of me on the ground past Sunday. Came right inbetween my pops and I....figured with still an hour after he came through we may see something else but hey atleast we saw something!

7. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Well I've lost track (have to check log) of how many hours I've been on stand/blind but at it again this morning. Slipped into ground blind by foodplot that I had that young 8 come to me 6 days ago...if soethings happens it's gonna be within first hour of light I have a feeling.

8. m3shadle

m3shadle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Back down at the lease for 2 days. Rough start to the trip. Forgot my safety strap so I had to whip me up a ground blind for tonight. Got a pretty good buck on cam since last trip. Regular visits at 4 pm since the 13th of Oct. We will see if I can't help him find his destination. I think he's looking for Dirt Nap dr.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

9. OutbackRyno

Dislikes Received:
    Nice! I saw one of my hit listers this evening. Grunted him across the pasture. He crossed at 50 yards out and disappeared oh into the cedar break. Hes a management buck. Seen three does too.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

10. sharpbroadheads

sharpbroadheads Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    saw a small 6 point and a 120 class 8 point cruising tonight...cold front had them moving...going to hunt a swamp tommorow

11. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Well corn is coming out but found out the farmer of the property is going to leave a couple rows for himself to hunt till gun season is up....I need them to start rutting hard if the woods are gonna see daytime movement...good news is I doubt they'll keep bedding in only a few rows so bucks should be moving.

Found 7 active scraps leading into our foodplot, which fyi looks flippin amazing...kale,rape,purple tops are freaking knee high, winter rye/wheat are all headed out and ready to be ate...late season if I haven't tagged and the big boys still walk that plot has death written all over it!

Keep hunting guys...I may or may not get out tomorrow now sadly. Wife is getting worn out with all the hunting and I got tons of vacation time coming anyways in November for hunting... :) Put down some deer fellas!

12. m3shadle

m3shadle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Saw 6 does no bucks from my makeshift blind. One of those does walked into a sharp stick and fell over dead.

13. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    please say you have two pictures of you laying next to this dead deer that fell into a stick! :)

14. m3shadle

m3shadle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sure do. Took them on a digital camera so won't be able to post them till I get back to my house Monday. Hope that's ok. who knows maybe I'll have two more pics to post as well

15. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Well happy to hear some of you are seeing deer....I just looked and I have had 3 entire days with no deer sightings and a few other half day hunts with nothing as well...just means payoff is gonna be big!! Haha!

Congrats M3...suicidal deer are the best.

16. sharpbroadheads

sharpbroadheads Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Saw a 2 year old 8 point 3 different times tonight...no shooters, no does close enough.....overall was a good weekend though...younger bucks are out cruising....wont be long now

17. vectrix27

vectrix27 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I put 2 long days in the stand this weekend but never had a oppurtunity. I had 3 giant does at 65 yards this evening but they never would close the distance. Overall, the movement this weekend in AL was terrible. I dont know if the high winds had them laying down or what. We have some cooler weather coming this week though, so it should improve. Congrats m3 on your doe. Keep it up guys!!!

18. m3shadle

m3shadle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Here she is fellas. Took her at 18yrds quartering away. She ran about 75 yrds before piling up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. m3shadle

m3shadle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    After that on Sunday evening I had one of the wildest nights I've even experienced. I figure I'll share it with you all as an illustrated story.

It started around 5:00pm I gave a few estrus bleats, followed by a few short grunts. This guy came running in within a few minutes at 20yrds.
    [​IMG]
    Result = Easy Pass

Ok ok the story gets better. About 15 min later I repeated the same sequence as before, and here comes this guy. Took a similar path and ended up at 20yrds
    [​IMG]
    Result = Easy Pass

No more than 5 min later a bigger 8 shows up. Roughly 16" spread. Once again ends up on the same path at 20yrds
    [​IMG]
    Result = Not an easy pass, but a pass

After that 8, I thought my night was complete but oh no, a taller 7 point with a huge body comes barreling in 10 min later.
    [​IMG]
    Result = Not an easy pass, but a pass

I was starting to wonder if what was happening was real. Well I had to wait a long 15 min before any more action.:D I figured, hey this grunting thing seems to be working, may as well try it again. Sure enough two big bodied deer headed my way, right on the same path as the others. Only problem was it was started to get dark, fast. Two more big 8s
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Result= Did not shoot - (different than pass) - past shooting light

Interestingly enough each buck that came in was larger than the previous ones. 6 in total. Pretty much all the bucks I've been getting on cam except one showed up that night Tell me that's not a good night in the woods!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  20. Fender

Fender Newb

Dislikes Received:
    The team is looking good I can't wait to do my part hope this weekend!