**Team 16 Official Thread**

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by Fitz, Aug 25, 2012.

1. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys, after a few days back to work and talking to some other long termers I'm not as concerned now, Caterpillars outlook isn't promising but being told they're going to work with us to keep work coming in and Komatsu is keeping us busy as well.

I'm confident enough that I took a vacation day on Halloween, not confident in the moon but would love to get a Halloween tradition going. Can't do it unless I'm out there. Hoping to get out a time or two this weekend as well, the time is near!

Good luck to everyone, hoping this thread lights up with success over the next three weeks!

2. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The weather change came. Yesterday 80+ degrees with the lows only getting to the 60s. Today the high is supposed to be 52. When I opened the door this morning I was so excited for the upcoming weekend. Should consist of a morning hunt Friday, afternoon on Saturday and all day Sunday and Monday. Next week will probably be mostly afternoon hunts since I work every morning. That will be the last week I can do that, once DST ends the after work hunts will be out the window. Good luck everybody.

Glad you heard some reassuring news at work CLS.

3. BShunter

BShunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am going to really start hitting the woods hard tomorrow afternoon and here on out! Then I will begin much needed vacation and many all day sits!

4. BShunter

BShunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Q:
    Who has two thumbs and is ready for the cold snap that is hitting us tonight?

A:
    This guy!
    :nana:

5. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be hunting in snow this evening :tu:

6. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Working OT tomorrow and Saturday so I'm thinking about taking off at lunch on Saturday and heading to public land. Hoping to see the deer movement threads light up. Have my sister and her family in town for the weekend, so Sunday is a bit iffy, but if movement dictates it, I'll be out there.

Hopefully we'll be joining troutking in the headgear department soon.

7. Finch

Finch Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Been working days all week and working over as well. Went out Tuesday when it was 82 degrees...too warm but I had to go and didn't see jack. I'll be able to go tomorrow for the majority of the day.

8. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be heading out in the morning! Having a good feeling about this cold snap

9. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

10. Troutking

Troutking Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Got him taped and put on the scorecard today. Sorry for the long long delay. Had the kids gone for a few hours so I got it done. He was 96 & change for a gross score. I was hoping he would break 100 in. LOL! Anyway I'll be working on a shooting a doe and will be hunting for a buck again on Nov.10th. Again sorry for the delay fellas.

11. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Hey bro, you get 4 mass scores on each side .... you should break 100 ...Congrats! :)

12. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, for your 4th mass measurement take it 1/2 way from your G3 to the tip on both sides.

Congrats again

13. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So went out today and had my best sit yet, 9 sightings and at least 7 deer, 6 of which were in range. Passed on the fawns early and the doe I was about to shoot in the second group knew something was up and turned back to take another trail further down. Was afraid of my rage deflecting on the ribs on a hard quartering to shot so opted to let down. Then at 1pm had a doe and fawn come in but the wind shifted and she got nervous and changed course. could have been 2 bedded from the earlier group. That was my last sighting for the day, from the stand anyhow. I always get down about 20 minutes before legal shooting light and still hunt back to the truck. Didn't see anything, but on the drive out the neighboring property has a cut bean field(not butting up to this property) and it had 8 deer in it. Pulled over and put the binoculars up. I seen the biggest buck I have ever seen on the hoof. Tall, heavy and wide I'd say he'd push 170" but couldn't tell if he was a 10 or 12. He and a 1 1/2 6 pt. were out there feeding with 6 does no rutting activity that I could tell.

Told myself if I get home and get him on trail cam i'm hunting tomorrow, if not I'll be back out on Halloween. Halloween it is.

I did get a few buck pics finally, but i'm up in the air if it is the same buck in all of them, except the dink. I honestly can't say if I'd shoot him if given the chance or not. Tonight I would have, this morning would have been iffy. I was in the stand that is just beyond the tree in the right front. Thought he had a pink growth in the one pic but he's licking his chops.

Looks like yesterday was the day to be in stand, note to self, strong cold front just before the full moon. Call in sick.

Attached Files:

14. Troutking

Dislikes Received:
    From the tip of the main beam to the G3?

15. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  16. gri22ly

gri22ly Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats to all the stone cold killers, nice job guys!!!

Started my vacation on 25th and it was 90 degrees out so I didnt go out.....poored down rain all day friday as the front moved in (26th), so I set that day out to. Got up yesterday morning running 102 temp. Ssshhhwww. Made my self go out yesterday evening, aching all over with the chills and had deer blowing at me from all the coughing and hacking I was doing in the stand. Might try it again this evening.

17. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Hope you get to feeling better, I know you usually trek deep when you hunt.

Good luck the next time you get out, at least you're in west Kentucky rather than east

18. frantic29

Dislikes Received:
    Well I'm sick. Sort of felt it coming on Saturday so I stayed home that afternoon. Felt good yesterday morning so I went out, sat all day saw 1 forker about 5:15pm and now this morning I'm paying for it. Heads all stuffed up chest hurts, can't breath, can't talk. So I guess I'll be home for most of the day trying to get over this cold. Am going to get out and check the trail cams real quick. Also they cut the beans off one place I have been planning on hunting so I think I'm going to do a drive by and see if they left any standing. Those seem to be good places to set up over. Anyway I hate full moons. In my neck of the woods it never seems to be any good on fulls. Glad my vacation this year is over a new moon.

19. Troutking

Dislikes Received:
    Hope you get to feeling better and get after the bucks soon. I was sick about a month ago and it took a week to get over. Be patient until Halloween then go sick or not sick!

20. frantic29

Dislikes Received:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351637216.457530.jpg

My view for the evening.