Entertaining Ideas,,tips suggestions thread

Discussion in 'Bowhunt or Die® - Web Show' started by bloodcrick, Oct 24, 2012.

1. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Were always looking for suggestions and good ideas that will set the Bowhunt or Die show apart from the rest,,so what say ye? Things you would like to see done,,might get used might not but will consider ideas! Fire away!

2. austin97

austin97 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    change fun facts every once in a while.

3. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Put me on ...

4. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Put Tony on :)

5. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Get the guys on the show active on the forums, get a Pro Staff page up, and let us know who these guys are. I used to watch when I knew all the guys on the show, now I don't really make the time anymore. When there is a personal connection of some sort with the audience, their loyalty will increase dramatically and I suspect your viewers will as well. If/when JZ scores this year or Decroo.......you can be sure I'll watch those episodes. Other than them......unless a name catches my eye on someone I know I'll likely not make the time.

Perfect example. In the past 5-10 years, I've bought exactly 3 hunting videos. Heartland Bowhunters, White Knuckle Productions, and Rut Junkie. I bought them because I knew the guys from the forums here and that connection is what made me interested. I told countless numbers of people about these videos too.

6. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Awwww.....you miss me Matt? :moose:

7. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    hah....don't let it go to your head but the hunt on the RJ vid where those wolves came in and you missed them with every weapon known to man is one of my favorite video hunts ever. :lol:

8. Matt / PA

Matt / PA Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think I need to see that one! :)

9. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    HA! Damn it! I tried to forget all about it!

10. MadMan

MadMan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'd like to see this too!

11. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'd think it'd be neat if BH.com offered some kind of videod hunt contest to non-bh.com pro-staff members. Showcase one with every show up until say next August and then let viewers vote on best video submitted and give them a bh.com goodie bag or 1-year pro staff status for the following year.

12. Schuls

Schuls Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I would say the same, would be nice to see more of the guys from the show active on the Forum. When I first signed up on the forum and started watching the show, the PM I got from Justin is what keeps me here and has the bowhunting fever stuck in me!

13. nealmccullough

nealmccullough BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    me too!

Youtube?

14. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I sold the rights to the video. So, I can't do anything with it. If you want to see it, contact member Joey Rott.

15. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would suggest some of you pro staffers to shoot some bucks to fill the air time... Todd can only carry you guys so long! :D

16. fishingdude93

fishingdude93 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Maybe if it is possible have a tip of the week for bow hunting. Have something about foodplots, where to hunt during different times of the year, tips on filming a hunt and things like that would be cool to learn more about or just hear how the pro staff go about this stuff. Or maybe make a forum thread that has things people would like to learn and see on the video.

17. Illinoishunter102

Illinoishunter102 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure how many have seen the show In Pursuit with Greg Miller, But I like the way how after his hunt he explains where he was set up and why. I also agree with the idea of showing tips as to how to film a hunt and such. It seems like more and more people are getting into self filming, I think people would appreciate something along those lines.

18. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Phrases that need to go (and variants)-they add nothing:
    "Let's see if we get lucky" - diminishes preparation and all of us know there is an element of luck.
    "Stay tuned" or "Stick with us" - in this day of internet and DVD video, they are obsolete. People may fast forward, but they are 'tuned' and 'committed' by virtue of watching the show.

I'd love to see (more):
    1) before the hunt or during the hunt - The 'going in thinking'--this is what I was considering, expect, chose this property, tree, this is my strategy, what I know/expect. This could be stand up or overlaid over B-roll. E.g. "I chose this spot, cause the wind is a perfect from the NW, and I have pics of a 10 pointer that I know is after the acorns, I have a stand just to the SE of the oaks" 2) After the hunt assessment--this is what worked/didn't. E.g. "Great hunt, the 10pointer on the cam, came in exactly as I thought, but he came in from the SE, directly into the wind. Good thing I setup in the stand and really watched the scent." (Maybe the game Cam pics under audio to proves your point)
    These two ideas are transferable and educate without beating people over the head.

Final other suggestion, I know most of y'all are mid-westerners, but a"regional round up" (updates from various regions or areas) may also highlight differences/similarities...this could be 'fan submitted' or correspondant 20-30 second spots.

A scoreboard/seasonal summary by prostaff per episode would also highlight seasonal achievements along with the suggested website profiles.

Likes: Great mix of slow/fast motion in the last episode. Love the (relatively) short composition of hunts.

I also like the contest element...In my mind it increases fan engagement and adds to the variety.

19. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Honestly I think the show is good just like it is.
    My brother is new to hunting all together and loves the show for one main reason you show the good and the bad hunts and that is what sets Bow hunt or Die apart from the rest.
    I think it would give a lot of people more incentive to watch if not just the fan photos at the end of the show. But maybe once a month post a video that one of us submits to you guys.
    We cant all afford to go out and buy the big boy toys but a lot of us do like to video our hunts. As far as editing goes you can edit the videos to fit your format and cut out any scenes showing bows that are not a Mathews or a Mission if it would be a sponsor issue.
    Either way Bow hunt or Die guys and stay safe

20. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Great suggestions everyone, I sent a link to the staffers of this thread so they can read what your saying! I also put out a tickle asking if members of the staff could post and identify themselves so you can connect better with them and put there names with there usernames!