Team 24 Official Thread

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by Iowa Veteran, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Gutshotem

Gutshotem Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Wes!

2. HOLDFASTHANK

HOLDFASTHANK Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey congrats wes...soo I finally got out this morning. Had movement all around me but nothing came close. On my way out at 9:15 I found a new scrape, jumped a deer, then found another fresh scrape. Sunday I found a scrape and a few rubs within 50 yds. Of my stand. I Hung that stand up 2 weeks ago and made a mock scrape...I think its working

3. Copehunt

Copehunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice job Wes! I have not gone bow hunting since I went about 3 weeks ago. I did go trout fishing over this last weekend though and had great success. My first fish Friday afternoon was this 7lb, 3oz beauty. I'm having her mounted. Brought home a lot of trout fillets too. Now if I can have this much luck from a tree, it'll be a great season.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Iowa Veteran

Iowa Veteran Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    sure is quiet in here.

5. HOLDFASTHANK

Dislikes Received:
    Alright I'm back, there just is not enough time in the day, nothing monday night for my first sit of the year and had three deer come by me at dark lastnight...one was a nice buck, gonna try to get out tonight after work

6. Oklabowyer

Oklabowyer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checked the camera and got these boys coming into my plot. All after dark but with this cold snap I think they'll start moving during daylight hours.

Attached Files:

7. Oklabowyer

Dislikes Received:
    A couple I got off the trophy cam behind my dads place. I still can't believe the bucks I'm seeing so close to his house. I really didn't expect to see this caliber of buck there. It's just 7 acres but it boarders a large tract of corp of engineers bottomland that is very thick and doesn't get alot of pressure other than about a two week period during muzzleloader and rifle seasons.

Attached Files:

8. Copehunt

Copehunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like their necks are swelling up, ey?

9. Copehunt

Copehunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm leaving for the woods early this afternoon. Be back Sunday afternoon. Good luck boys!

10. Oklabowyer

Dislikes Received:
    no doubt about it.

11. Iowa Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be back at hunting this evening. Schultzy will be here tomorrow afternoon and then we'll really be having fun!

12. Oklabowyer

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck IV. You and schultzy nock em down.

13. HOLDFASTHANK

Dislikes Received:
    Got out for a few hours after work, didn't see anything. The other day I got permission to hunt some private land that's surrounded by posted land haha. I'm psyched. Theres some old bucks around there, basically everything around is owned by mdc for miles, except for some small homes, a gravel pit , and this guys land. So unless anyone's hunting off their porch or illegally in posted property its my own little nugget. I mow his neighbors and have done some tree work for this guy. He said yes right away and promptly said no when I offered to split with him haha. I've been looking at these woods all summer just itching to go scout it. Now I get to go hunt it. I'll wait another week till I hit that spot

14. Wesley Lofton

Wesley Lofton Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Heading out in the morning to the public ground again, hopefully lay eyes on the big boy I seen a couple of weeks ago. Really liking this cold weather we have finally gotten, hope it keeps these deer up and moving.

15. Iowa Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Saw two slickheads today but the closer one wouldn't walk into the lane and finally got spooked by something upwind from her. Never saw what spooked her either. Found two new scrapes.

16. Wesley Lofton

Dislikes Received:
    This morning was a bust on the public land. Seen 3-4 does 60 yds and walking the wrong direction. Out on the private land this afternoon and coming up on prime time.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351459503.313998.jpg

17. Copehunt

Copehunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Didn't see anything this weekend. I think the clear sky and bright moon must have kept them on he move at night. I Did find a fresh scrape with a large hoof print in it this morning about 30' in front of my truck where I park on the trail to walk down to my stand. The scrape wasn't there Saturday night when I walked out, so I know they were there...The next time I get to bow hunt will probably the Friday before our gun opener (11/9). I didn't have much actin on my trail camera either.

18. Wesley Lofton

Dislikes Received:
    Well it picked up the last half hour, had 3 does come in. My buddy I was hunting with shot at the mama doe and missed, she didnt go too far, her fawn stuck around and he took a shot and connected on her. She piled up 40 yds in front of me. The mom stuck around and gave me a broadside shot at 42 yds, I shot under her. It would have been good to put more meat in the freezer, but a clean miss is better than a bad hit. Seen tons of does in the field to our west, so thinking we should start seeing some bucks show up.

19. Gutshotem

Gutshotem Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just got back from a wedding in SC late last night. Prob wont get out at all this week thanks to this freakin hurricane but Thursday is my last day of work until Dec. Heading down to KY for a few days friday morn.

20. Oklabowyer

Dislikes Received:
    Trading in the Diamond Justice for my Knight ML this evening. I found some really fresh sign yesterday after my morning hunt. I took a detour back to the truck and found some fresh rubs and a couple of fresh scrapes (still wet). It's in an open area with some thick brushy spots throughout that they are most likely bedding in. I'm gonna go sit on the hill overlooking it to see if I can catch one up on his feet before dark. Changing it up a little for a couple of days.