Team 29 - Death From Above

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by BigUTMuleys, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Brian Miller

Brian Miller Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ug. Guys I forgot to put my bow in the picture. Well that means I need to kill another doe. Ok, twist my arm. It started pouring down rain while tracking, that is what happen when I am rushing around. It still felt good to put one down.

2. illinibowhunter

illinibowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey our thread has gone pretty quiet. How is everything going for everyone out there? The weather conditions have really sucked since last Friday here in central Illinois so I haven't been doing much hunting. When I have been in a stand I have been more concerned about not falling out due to the high winds, but hopefully this weekend is supposed to be much cooler and calmer. Best of luck!

3. tc3144

tc3144 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm in the same boat here in central Illinois w ya. Last week I had a great day w 2 doe and 7 bucks all around me from 5 pm till dark. Never got a shot at the does and the biggest buck showed up right at last light. Had to pass him becuz I just couldn't feel comfortable w the shot. So much foliage still it was dark in the bottoms! Hopefully get out more starting tomorrow. Two nights ago from the same stand I saw 4 gobblers and no deer. In all the sit I've had this year that was the only one where I was consistently seeing deer! Hope the weather turns cold and it gets better soon!!

4. illinibowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Flipping pouring like crazy yesterday when I got off work and apparently it is supposed to be raining with winds gusting to 40 mph this evening. I just want to be sitting in a tree but this weather is killing me! Good thing I have the next three days to hunt and watch the Cardinals take a trip to the world series! :)

5. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like I will finally be getting out for a couple days. Fall break is next week so I'm taking a couple days off from work and hitting the woods. :tu:

6. EricZ

EricZ Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't been able to hunt once since i shot that doe. I'm out of town for work this week/weekend, but when I get back I have a week off of work to hunt.

7. tc3144

tc3144 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Working FD today. Hoping to leave shift early to hunt tomorrow morning. It's been hit or miss for me getting out so far as well. I have time off in November but not till thanksgiving week.

8. jackflap

jackflap Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I been getting in 4-5 sits each week. I have passed shot opportunity on several 130" class bucks holding out for a couple of specific "target" bucks.

I hope I dont regret it later.

I wont be back out until tues evening. Good luck to everyone and stay safe...use that harness.

9. tc3144

tc3144 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Gonna try it again in the morning. If I have another 0 day seeing deer I'm switching it up tomorrow afternoon!! Heading to public ground. Good luck everybody!!!

10. tc3144

tc3144 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Buddy of mine text me this morning saying, "let the games begin! Bucks chasing does." Haven't gotten any details of what he had going on but at least somebody is seeing some deer!! I'm heading back out this afternoon to a brand new area. Have to shoot a doe first on this public ground so hoping to smack a slick head tonight!

11. BBlackwelder

BBlackwelder Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Just got my doe kill from 10-20-2012 Posted on the Board.
    Good Luck guys and lets get some points on the board!!!!!!

12. Brian Miller

Brian Miller Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice job BBlackwelder. Adding some points to the team. With November knocking at our door I expect some points to begin piling up. I'll be hitting Michigan hard in the upcoming week with hopes of putting something down. Then spending a week in Iowa where the big bucks roam.

13. illinibowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have been hunting extremely hard the past 5 days and have passed on several small bucks. Had a 120 inch stroll by at 20 yards on Sunday morning but I am just waiting on a couple of the big nice ones to stroll by. I will be hitting it hard again this weekend and there is supposed to be a stellar cold front coming through. I think it's time to get out the rattle bag and let the games begin!

14. BBlackwelder

BBlackwelder Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Head out this afternoon to my Ohio lease for 4 days ...with this front pushing thru, it should be a good hunt.
    Hope to at 140+ points to the board next week....good luck to everyone over the next 2-3 weeks

15. illinibowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys hope everyone's season is going well! The buck activity has really picked up in the last week! Even had a couple bucks chasing does already this past weekend. Even though I didn't manage to put down a buck, I did shoot this guys yesterday evening walking out of the timber back to my truck. I was walking through really tall grass so he couldn't figure out what was where.

I sat down my stuff and then drew back as I stood back up. He was 25 yards away and I punched an arrow through him. It's too bad you can't get misc points in the contest for putting down critters like this!

I am hitting the stand here in a couple minutes when I get off work. Good luck!

IMG_3101.jpg

16. tc3144

tc3144 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've had an awesome last week. I've seen a total of 6 different bucks and a whole mess of does! Now if I could just get the bucks to cooperate I will be scoring some points in the morning. Good luck to everyone. It's really picking up here in Illinois but this wind is getting old. Hopefully we get a break from it before too long!!!

17. ruttinbucks.com

ruttinbucks.com Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm jacked , going to my honey hole next weekend , should get one on the board for our team .

18. tc3144

tc3144 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wind has finally died down to 5-10. Gonna be a good morning tomorrow!!! Can't wait to get in the stand. Been seeing some good ones. Just haven't been able to get them to cooperate and come close enough!!!

19. illinibowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    TC wish I was in a treestand this morning! It was nice to have the wind finally calm down yesterday evening when I was in the tree. I will take my buck decoy and head back out after work this evening and see if I can harvest a buck! Good luck!

20. BigUTMuleys

BigUTMuleys Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey team!!!

Sorry i haven't been on here lately... but i have some good news. I just go my deer (euro) mount back.. so i am going to work on scoring it tonight.. hope to have the points posted either later tonight or tomorrow.

Do we get extra points for velvet?