TEAM 25 - The Thwack Pack - OFFICIAL THREAD

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by SFarcher, Aug 26, 2012.

1. jemcmichael

jemcmichael Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats! We're finally on the board! I'll be out in the morning hoping to put something on the ground. Going to be a warm week here in Ohio.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

2. PABuck_HNTR

PABuck_HNTR Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats JZ...we're on the board.....Hoping to connect with one of these boys within the next 2 weeks

center trail 010.jpg center trail 148.jpg center trail 151.jpg center trail 163.jpg

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  3. PABuck_HNTR

Dislikes Received:
  4. rbhunting1

rbhunting1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good job, Justin. We are way behind, with a lot a catching up to do. I'm hoping get us some points next week on my vacation. Planning to do some serious hunting.

5. jemcmichael

Dislikes Received:
    Supposed to be near 80 today in NE Ohio. Looks like Saturday is when the cold front finally moves in. Have a great feeling about Saturday morning!

6. PABuck_HNTR

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like this hurricane is going to put a BIG damper on my hunting for the next 3-4 days... Thoughts and prayers going out to those along the East coast

7. bowsie15

bowsie15 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Same here looks like its going to be pretty bad Monday and Tuesday. Congrats Justin on the doe.

8. rbhunting1

Dislikes Received:
    Went out this morning after working all night and saw 7 does and fawns heading to their bedding area. Deer usually feed in my field at night and head to bed shortly after sunrise. I've had pictures the last 4 evenings from my pond. I may set there Sunday evening. Can't wait to get off tonight and start my vacation! Planning on a great week in the woods.

9. BH Bowhunter

BH Bowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Had this guy at 20 yards this morning, still waiting for mr. big to appear. 10-25-12 Cemetery Ridge.jpg

10. jemcmichael

Dislikes Received:
    The weather is putting a real damper to me getting out into the woods. Looking like Thursday is going to be the next chance for me. [​IMG]

11. rbhunting1

Dislikes Received:
    Vacation officially underway. Hunting from the ground right now. There is a partial round bail of hay that makes for great cover. Just cut back a little honeysuckle and sat on my stool. I just had a fawn within 10ft of me. Now if a shooter will just follow in her foot steps.

12. BH Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hunted a big bucks bedroom this morning and had two young bucks come in within bow range. Could only stay for a few hours, had some yardwork to finish. I checked my trailcam and this buck was there two days ago for 3 days in a row! Got monday off, I plan on staying out all day. 10-26-12 Private Point.jpg 10-24-12 Private Point.jpg

13. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys, I blew it this weekend. Had my #1 target buck "The Fridge" come in last night at 25 yards. I have no idea WTF I did, but I yanked the shot and hit him high and in front of the shoulder as he was quartering away. We ended up tracking him for 1.5 miles this morning and never found him. Took him close to 3/4 of a mile, across 500 yards of open fields and into another woodlot before he even bedded down for the first time. After that he went another 1/2 mile before he laid down again. After the last bed we found the blood ran out pretty quickly. I have to assume that if he didn't die in a mile and a half he's probably not going to. I must've just gone through the meat of his giant neck.

I'm sick to my stomach over the whole thing. I had a chip shot at him and blew it. :sad:

I'll be back at it on Friday - heading out to my lease for a 3 day weekend. Hoping that things are rocking and I can pull of the shot if I get another one. Spent an hour shooting my bow this afternoon and I'm dialed in. Next time there won't be a next time.

14. rbhunting1

Dislikes Received:
    I hunted this morning and saw four does and a small 8pt. I pulled my card and finally got a shooter or two to target.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. rbhunting1

Dislikes Received:
    Hunted behind the house this evening. Saw a fawn by her self near my stand. Then thirty minutes before dark I saw eight does and young ones about 75yds away. If only I had been in my other stand, I would have had them pass at 10yds. Maybe tomorrow evening.

16. BH Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thats part of bowhunting Justin. Sounds like you searched long and hard for him. He will probably survive. I shot at a big buck in 2006 from 40 yards and hit high. I found only a few drops of blood and took the next day off from work to search for him. I think I must have hit just above the vitals and below the spine. I blew it this morning also. I was watching a young buck and 4 does over my left shoulder when I moved back and looked to my right a mature tall 4x4 saw me and bolted! He stopped at 50 yards and I got a real good look at him, a definate shooter! I can't believe he got that close without a sound! He wasn't to spooked maybe he will be back.

17. rbhunting1

Dislikes Received:
    "Live from the stand" I've seen 9 this morning, 8 does and a spike. Of course the spike was the only one in range. I need to be out of the stand before noon. A realtor is calling me this afternoon about 30 acres of prime deer habitat. He has given me permision to hunt it. Even if I can't afford to buy it, I will be hanging a new stand this afternoon.

18. jemcmichael

Dislikes Received:
    Going on day 4 of rain and wind here in Ohio. Forecasting the same conditions for tomorrow. I will be hitting it hard starting Friday morning.

19. rbhunting1

Dislikes Received:
    Beautiful morning in the Ozarks! Kind of slow, I've only seen 4 does so far. Been averaging 8-10 sitings a sit. Only small bucks and fawns in bow range. I head back to work Monday, so just a few more days to get it done.

20. BH Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just saw the forcast and on saturday it looks like I will be getting a NW steady wind. On monday I hung a treestand on the backside of a ridge in a spot I call Monster Knob. A mature 5x5 has already busted me twice because the wind will swirl from any other direction. The last time he was there he had 10 other deer with him, so I hung the stand extra high! SUNP0156.jpg