Team 38 - The Replacements

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by Fitz, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Umpire Jim

Umpire Jim Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yes I do. I get some great eye lid resting segments.

2. Umpire Jim

Dislikes Received:
    Bob are you getting out tomorrow?

3. Umpire Jim

Dislikes Received:
    Anybody getting this out this weekend?

4. Bob Thomas

Bob Thomas Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    They are talking rain tomorrow. If its not raining too hard I'll be out
    there!:D

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

5. Bob Thomas

Dislikes Received:
    Someone hit a deer! Couldn't have been a good shot. I heard it bawling for about fifty yards.

6. Umpire Jim

Dislikes Received:
    I have shot deer in spine and all haves bawled till they expired.

7. Bob Thomas

Dislikes Received:
    Never saw the deer or hunter, sounded like they were a couple hundred yards off.
    Back in the stand till dark!

8. Umpire Jim

Dislikes Received:
    Well I should have shot a doe last night. I was in ground max blind and at 5 pm I look to the north and there stands a large buck with a small rack. He stood there just scent checking and looking around then slowly turns around and heads into woods. I was busy trying to get him on film that I didn't pay attention right in front of me. I just turned cannon off when a big doe walks 5 yards in front of me then walks away and turns back to me a bit before walking into woods. I started to get cannon rolling then turned on Kodak on bow then drew and she stepped into woods and no shot. I readied myself for the remaining hour and a half and low and behold two young does came in at 25 yards straight on and no ethical shot. They defiantly were smelling me due to forgetting my descenting spray in my car. I sat till dark and had deer coming in at dark as well. I should have just shot doe and then started working on filming after that.

9. Bob Thomas

Dislikes Received:
    Nice Jim you're seeing deer! I sat last night from 3PM until dark and saw nothing but a red squirrel and a chipmunk.

10. Umpire Jim

Dislikes Received:
    I left super early to hung Kingsville and sat until 11am. I realized I locked my keys in car so I had my fiancé drive my spare out to me. I was about 50 yards from car I walked up on two young deer browsing. Beautiful day out there. I hope everyone shoots one.

11. Bob Thomas

Dislikes Received:
    LOL I drive a Ford Ranger. Last year there was a day I had to be home at 8AM to take my wife to the doctors. Of course I was rushing and when I got to my truck the keys were sitting on the front seat and the doors were locked. One of the Guy's was a Ford mechanic and showed me how to break into a Ranger using its antenna. Works sweet! Got her to the doctors on time too! :0)

12. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry guys haven't been here in a while, busy with work and school.
    congrats again on the doe VM, Bob good luck to you! Jim hope you whack on them deer!
    How bout that avatar? any ideas guys what the avatar should look like?

I went out Monday evening in the rain, temp upper 60s. I was sitting on the east side of the property in a blind, and nothing came by. I have a stand up on just the opposite 300 yds away, so I pack up and walk out to the middle of the property. So curiosity got the best of me, I shined by green head lamp towards the stand and there are two pairs of eyes reflecting back at me. Sometimes you just can't figure them out. I'm planning on getting out tomorrow afternoon, but rain is expected. Very warm again this week.

MMG, as for that disease with the buck, are you referencing the hemorrhagic disease from flies? We have an issue with that here in Wi. It's killing an unbelievable amount of deer. they are finding groups of them dead. It's bad stuff.

13. RattleSnake

RattleSnake Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys....been pretty busy with work but when I checked the cams yesterday I was pleasantly surprised to see this one show up. Hopefully he'll be around a bit more because right now all I have is night pics of him.
    [​IMG]

14. Umpire Jim

Dislikes Received:
    Took off morning to go to physical therapy then visit parents and head to blind. It's going to be warm but you gotta be where they are. I promise if it comes to messing with cameras or harvesting first doe I will take the doe.

15. Umpire Jim

Dislikes Received:
    Hi guys, I am a true follower of deer and deer hunting rut calendar. This upcoming Friday starts main seeking phase of rut. Also remember if it is hot temps, setup at edge of bedding and they will stay chase but not fast. I am noticing we have a good amount of acorns in north eastern Ohio.

16. MMG

MMG Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah Hank, I'm thinking it's EHD. A lot of dead deer in my area and very few bucks on trail cam. Anyways... Got to hunt saturday morning. Seen 6 does and a young buck (fork horn). I had the fork horn and a set of triplet fawns in range (with no intention of shooting). The triplets were playing in the field the whole time and then they followed me back to my truck once I got down. I'll try to post a video.

17. MMG

MMG Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Video of the fawns that followed me back to the truck.

[​IMG]

18. Umpire Jim

Dislikes Received:
    I did get out last evening till dark and saw nothing. It was 70 degrees so I figured they would move at last light. Well they probably moved at midnight. Raining with lightning today so if I get a break in weather I will travel to Austinburg property to put up crusher blind and after physical therapy tomorrow I will head there and hunt.

19. Bob Thomas

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Jim! I'm hoping to get out in the morning but it looks like rain. If it's not too bad I'll still go. We'll see.

20. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well I got about 20 videos of several young bucks, and does walkin under my kid's stand on the west side of the property. Went out Wed after a storm. All was good, calm and little fog and then hell broke loose with the weather bout 4:45, wind picked up and it was raining like hell. My boots filled up with water, never been that soaked before. Anyway rain stops about 6pm, nothing showed up. So I squished my way back to my truck, that's hunting. good thing it was real warm out. Hopefully I'll be out Wed or Fri night. I am going for a 5 day bh trip up north in Nov. Can't wait. Nothin but huntn & campn! right during the rut.
    MMG- that is some real bad stuff. Hope we get a hard frost to kill off whatever fly is killing off the deer. Hope that ends it for you too.