My new rangefinder is coming in tomorrow!!!!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by SRMartin15, Oct 18, 2012.

1. SRMartin15

SRMartin15 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My new Bushnell Chuck Adams Edition Rangefinder is coming in tomorrow just in time for my first free weekend to bow hunt of the season!!! Im super pumped my good friend is letting me use some of his stands so i will have more options then just my one stand. I'm super pumped and i really hope i get a chance to use my new rangefinder to put a deer down this weekend!!! Good luck to everyone this weekend!

2. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nice! I'll be waiting for a review. This is one hunting toy I have yet to purchase but think about getting all the time...

3. SRMartin15

Dislikes Received:
    I'll let you know what I think tomorrow from the stand the reviews have been great now let's see if it lives up to all the hype

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

4. Prestonwk

Prestonwk Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have that range finder and it is awesome. It is nice and small and gives you a range really fast. Any bushnell product is great and they have great customer service.

5. DropTine249

DropTine249 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I own one. In fact, I owned 2, sold one. I also owned 2 new Halos, 2 Bushnell Bone Collectors and a Nikon Prostaff.

The Prostaff was my favorite of all.

The bushnell bone collector (I believe they were the 660 models) were absolute junk, just like almost everything with 'bonecollector" written on it !!

The Halos were pretty good, still have one (my brother uses it).

I like my Chuck Adams Edition Bushnell, thus far. However, I only hunted 3x this year, and, only took it on one of those hunts (when I arrowed my buck, this year). I also used it twice to distance targets for shooting. Thus, I do not have a lot of experience with it. Have not used it in cold, damp or fading light conditions. In ideal conditions, though, its performed as expected.

6. Longdraw

Longdraw Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am happy i picked 1 up last year: 3 does slowly coming in, thought they were 35 yds, checked the range...45! Glad i had it or i would have waisted an arrow. Enjoy it and keep it within reach.

7. DCE21B

DCE21B Newb

Dislikes Received:
    What makes you say its junk? I was able to purchase one at ****s for 200 bucks on sale and after 50 dollar rebate.

Its the same as the chuck adams mkdel bjt better and with more optikns. Chuck adams is for bow only and only has a 100 yard range.

The bone collector one has all the features of the Chuck Adams plus jt has rifle mode with more options to detect bullet drop for different caliber munitions. And has a maximum range of 1000 yards.

Also there's three different range modes one to see closet to you (target mode) one which allows you to focus in on furthest object your aiming at like if you where aiming through trees ( brush mode). And finally free range which allows you to point freely at anything and range it.

So i had the option to buy either for 200 bucks and for me it was a no brainer. If you dont like bone collector stuff then dont put on the sleeve. Underneath its the same bushnell with more option. I also have a rifle and plan on purchasing more fire arms so ill never have to buy another range finder unless this one craps out.

I have no complaints and jt is accurate. Proofs in the pudding check out my jersey buck thread. Ranged him at 25 yards and he dropped where he stood.

Everyones entitled to there opinions but i hate when people bash products and say nothing abojt what they didnt like about it besides oh its crap

8. spiggy2

spiggy2 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I love mine.

9. Sadlk

Sadlk Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You will love your new rangefinder. I have the same one and it works great.

10. bootlegtater

bootlegtater Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    probably purchasing this next week also...can't wait...please update us, may help my decision for sure

11. SRMartin15

Dislikes Received:
    Well the insanity has begun... yesterday was down pour so today I'm up nice and early and ready to rock it. My initial tests everything work as advertised and it reads fast! Let's hope today I see some deer and I can really test it out. So far I like it its simple and sleek and I only bowhunt so its good to go for me also the chuck Adams can actually read past 200 but with deer only about 200 yards

12. SRMartin15

Dislikes Received:
    Well here is my update its high fog out today and low light the first time ever in the stand and well its not working. I'm getting 0 readings and I'm not to happy about it. I'll be upset if I miss an opportunity on a big boy because of this....

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  13. SRMartin15

Dislikes Received:
    Its very foggy out and I might be a little rough on the product so far... we will see when it starts to clear up but I'll post a pic and you will see how bad it is... I even tried close readings like in 7 yards and still nothing but like I said very foggy!!![​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  14. SRMartin15

Dislikes Received:
    Fog cleared up and the rangefinder is spot on now if only the deer would come out... saw a doe but she was in some thick stuff 30 yards out and never gave me a shot

15. SRMartin15

Dislikes Received:
    Well for my evening hunt the rangefinder can't go wrong it is giving me quick and accurate readings the fog just kicked my ***