Dead/wounded deer found

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by ohiobowhunter35, Oct 9, 2012.

1. ohiobowhunter35

ohiobowhunter35 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hello all i am a long time bow hunter i hunt a nice property here in ohio. I have hunted this place for about 10 years with about 5 people and things are great. Well here is the problem this year the owner has let some new people hunt witch sucks but its not my property. Well i was out last night i found a dead deer by a stand a new guy set jumped a deer with a arrow in the *** and found another dead deer with a arrow in it very bad shoot but dead deer. I was very upset people are that lazy to track a deer i no people make bad shots but 3 deer is bad on the same property. Well i ran into a guy new guy and told him what i found he said i shoot the dead doe found it the next morning but didnt think the meat was good wth i said its been cool at night here lately so meat should of been ok. I told him of the other two he said his buddy shoot them and thought he didnt kill them new it was a bad shot but didnt even look. Well i told him his buddy need to stay out of the woods and practice more. Now i have some new hunter thinking im a *** but i get mad when people just shoot deer for fun or whatever u wanna call it. I am going to talk to owner bout the new People and see what she has to say. I am just ranting but i wish people would get better with there weapons before taking it to the woods.

2. Goin4-200

Goin4-200 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I agree totally and technically they have to put their tags on these deer!! Check with your wildlife and parks! I hate that crap these kind of people ruin it for others..get em out of there...good luck this year dispite the crap news!

3. wolvenkinde

wolvenkinde Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    They have a law here in MI that you have to make a 'Reasonable Attempt' to recover any animal you shoot...you might have a law on the books there as well. Not bothering to look is not reasonable and leaving a deer you shot with out tagging is definitely against the law here as well.

4. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    BS hunters....don't deserve to be in the woods. It's guys like this that give us a bad name. Until they want to change they gotta stay out.

5. Van

Van Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, that was tough reading and understanding. Anyway, I would give the owner a call and talk to him about these guys, either have him talk to them and explain the proper way to do things, or ask them not to return. Thats what I would do anyway.

6. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If he found the deer, and left it lay without tagging, then he is breaking the law! You kill it, you tag it! Sometimes the Conservation department can help you out and issue you another tag if the meat is bad, or predators get to it first, but bottom line, you cannot have wanton waste!

7. REMYNGTON

REMYNGTON Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I can't stand people like that!! Its just down right unethical! Def have a talk with the owner and make sure she understands that ur not complaining just to try and have the land to urself or to get rid of the new hunters. Because that may be her first thoughts as to why ur saying those things. Its horrible that unethical hunters like that exist and unfortunately that's the only view that a lot of the non hunting public sees. :( good luck

8. REMYNGTON

Dislikes Received:
    I would definitely look into the legal aspect of it aswell. But that could cause a lot of probs aswell, unfortunately. :(

9. Billy-Kayla Pulsifer

Billy-Kayla Pulsifer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    well put! some land owners should do what military installations do, they set up a 10 foot high shooting platform and set glendales out at different ranges, youve gt 5 arrows and only one arrow may be used per target, cant attempt the same target twice, if you dont qualify...better luck next year

10. ohiobowhunter35

ohiobowhunter35 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the replies. I like the idea of the military setup would be awsome if all landiwners did that. Well i talked to the land owner and we are going to have a meeting sat afternoon after morning hunt about hunting rules. She is going to call everyone and tell them to be at her house by 2 pm and if you cant make it dont bother coming out to hunt. She is very upset and said we cant have stuff like this going on. I am so glad she is on my side.we will see what the out come is saterday. I am going to bring my 3d target to lol

11. Billy-Kayla Pulsifer

Billy-Kayla Pulsifer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    thats awesome i love it when landowners are all about ethics, you could end up hunting there alone!

12. Goin4-200

Goin4-200 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good for you man! Tell those idiots to bring their tags also! Good luck

13. REMYNGTON

Dislikes Received:
    That's awesome!!! Glad she sees the wrong and feels strongly enough to make it right. Hope everything goes well in the meeting. :)

14. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Very refreshing to hear how the landowner sees this is wrong!

15. HowardandNikki Gossmeyer

HowardandNikki Gossmeyer Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I would recommend you and the original 5 pool together and offer to have an exclusive lease. Maybe the enticement of money will keep the property strictly for you original guys. let the unappreciative guys go hunt public land.

16. ohiobowhunter35

ohiobowhunter35 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Well the meeting went great saterday. We are back to 5 people on the property.The owner call new guys and they told her they didn't need this crap just to hunt some land.What a bunch of _____.So all is good now they are no longer allowed to hunt property.:o

17. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Nice, I'm glad it worked out well :tu:

18. bowsie15

bowsie15 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well glad it worked out and sorry I had to deal with dead beat hunters!!!!!

19. HOLDFASTHANK

HOLDFASTHANK Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I put a bad shot on a 6 point last year, spent 4 hours tracking that night and 8 the next morning all in the pouring rain mind you only to see the the buck alive and well a week later. I walked hours through swamps and burly prickers and felt sick to my stomach knowing I didnt find the deer I put an arrow through. Luckily I seen him chasing a doe through an orchard a week later. I clipped him in the right "armpit " . That was one of the worst feelings I have ever had in my 23 years. Since that day I dedicate as much time as possible between work and family training myself to be the best I can be so I have to best chances of not putting myself in that situation again. keep in mind this is only my second year with a bow, I've always gun hunted.

20. HOLDFASTHANK

HOLDFASTHANK Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    They don't deserve to be in the woods. Can't believe the guy actually had the nads to say he shot the doe and sold his buddy out too. Did you mention to him it was his obligation as a "hunter" to claim his kill ? If you shoot a deer and the yotes get to it before you, you still have to tag YOUR deer. I don't know if I could have kept my cool in that situation.