Team 9

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by kskcheche, Aug 25, 2012.

1. sycamoretwitch

sycamoretwitch Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just wanted to pass a long a reminder to everyone - please remember to date and time your kills along with all of the information that needs to be provided to receive credit for your harvest! Keep hunting hard!!

I will be in the stand the next 3 or 4 nights this week and will be hitting it pretty hard this weekend. Ready to put a big deer on the ground.

2. dunncty22

dunncty22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Havent been out in a few days. Took a kid out and filmed him for the youth hunt here WI this passed weekend. Saw good deer movement despite the extreme winds. Passed on a 120" 2.5 yr old. Will be hitting it hard this weekend. Going out today after class to move some sets. Checked cams yesterday and got 2 more new bucks to add to the hitlist. 430 in the afternoon for one and the other was at 630 the same night about 200 yrds away heading towards the wintergreens after using my mock scrape. Good luck guys lets put something down!

3. archery goon

archery goon Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Its been slow for me in Ohio so far which has allowed me to do some mid day scoutiing and I believe I may have located a giant public land whitetail. I put some cameras out in hopes to get a pic and figure a few things out quick. Found rubline with rubs that are telephone pole sized trees. Long walk to get to though if the weather is not right. Got the first two weeks of November off and 4 personal days to burn.

4. archery goon

archery goon Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Rutin...I killed him on oct 3, 2010 in Ohio on the property that I can no longer hunt. It sucks!!! He went 153" straight eight with less than 2" of deductions. Best buck to date.

5. lansea56

lansea56 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm planning on getting out this weekend. Will be looking to take a doe if I get the opportunity prior to a mega buck showing up. Been driving around area of the IL. river and Pike county the last couple days for work. Just fueling my urge to get this week over and back to WI to hit the woods.

6. polecat_will

polecat_will Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Saw bunch of deer over the weekend, shot a dow sat morning still hunting. It was my first deer with a bow off the ground. Sorry I havn't updated sooner, been swamped at work. Going to post it on scorecard now. Glad to hear everyone is having some good hunts! Good luck this week/weekend!

7. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great job, number 2 on the board.

8. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats! Another 50 points to our card! Let's hear from some folks we haven't heard from in awhile - how are you all doing??!

9. ArchArrow123

ArchArrow123 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice job Polecat.
    I plan to be out for a Sunday morning and evening hunt this weekend. I'll just be hunting for one of the 10 pointers we've captured on the cameras. I will also need to pull down a couple of tree stands that day. I'm saving my doe (just want to take 1 doe this year unless a friend of mine needs more venison) for a managed archery hunt that starts the end of October. It's a 'earn-a-buck' program so a doe needs to be taken first. So, I'm kinda just laying low until early Nov. Good luck guys.

10. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    We had constant rain for the past 3 days again. I got out yesterday for a lull in the rain, but the deer were stacked in the fields. However we have a cold front coming in tomorrow into the weekend, which will hopefully finally get stuff moving again.

11. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    Going out for an evening hunt right now - pretty big wind gusts this afternoon and saw nothing last night. But we will see how it goes. Can't kill big bucks from my living room!

12. dunncty22

dunncty22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    heading out for an evening hunt now. kinda gusty wind out of NW but hung a new set and we will see how she works

13. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    Also out in the stand tonight - wasn't going to come out, decided to at the last minute. Hunting the same stand over the food plot that I have all year. Things have really slowed down in this stand this week.

Will break out the climber this weekend for the first time and probably jump around all weekend. We will see how things go though.

14. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just had 2 does at about 45 yds. Great to see daytime movement again . Lets hope I can catch a buck in range before dark.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  15. CMTRAV

CMTRAV Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Been out last night and this morning and nothing to talk about. Baby still not here yet either so playing waiting game. Taking the evening off to spend with wife and daughter. Good Luck this weekend guys

16. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just got back in from NC and it sounds like the deer were moving for my friends. One killed a 158" 10 pt and the other a 180"+ 9pt in Iowa. Studs are falling.... cant wait to check cams and get back in the tree tomorrow evening.

17. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Got out for my routine cam check before my sit. I have tons of smaller bucks hitting the rub line well within shooting light. I also have a new buck which takes the #1 spot on my kill list.

[​IMG]

18. CMTRAV

CMTRAV Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys no baby yet and nothing to talk a about on hunting side
    Sat Thurs night Friday night and both morning and night today very little movement tried 3 different stands and same result
    Wind is picking up and suppose to be blowing 25-30 Sunday so ill be sitting at home
    Hope others are doing better

19. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I took my climber in today and hunting about 200 yards from where my ladder is. Spooked 3 deer going up my tree (They must have been bedded in the CRP behind me), and had a small buck at about 90 yards right before dark. Duck season opened today, so it was like a war zone all day long, which through the deer off for sure. We can't hunt Sunday's in CT, I'm hoping to get out Monday morning.

Also Trav hope all goes smooth with your little guy on the way.

20. lansea56

lansea56 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Rained out this morning and rained on this afternoon in WI. Saw one small 8. Looks to be more rain in the forecast tomorrow. Got the one given washout weekend of the year out of the way, hopefully weather doesn't affect any future wknds to come. I'll be headed up hunting next for a few days the wknd of the 27th and then Nov. 2nd through Nov. 11th. I plan on spending as many full days on stand as I can through that stretch. Cameras have been out and unchecked for close to a month now. I didn't get a chance to pull them this weekend, but I can't wait to see whats still cruisin around and if any new bucks have shown up. It never fails that a couple new studs pop out of the wood work and start showing face the closer we get to the rut.