Stolen

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by dmen, Oct 12, 2012.

1. dmen

dmen Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Set my ground blind up at my folks house a few weeks ago for me and my nephew to use next Saturday on youth day. Figured setting it up early would give the deer a chance to grow accustomed to the blind. It was sitting on my parents property on a knoll above a large field that was recently hayed and has lots of natural clover in it. The deer pound this field. I am more disappointed for my nephew and would really like to do some bodily harm to the dirtbag who stole it.

2. Rampaige

Rampaige Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry to hear that. There really are some dirt bags out there. It's a shame you can't leave a blind out there even on your parents' property. Keep a good lookout and ask around. See if the farmer who hays the field has seen anything (if it isn't your family/parents).

3. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I just don't get it. What makes someone think it belongs to them or they have a right to it?

4. AL-bowhunter

AL-bowhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Absolutely hate that, same thing happened to me and my son last year.

Can't stand a theif or a liar. Sooner or later it going to catch up to them.

5. Cablebob

Cablebob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    that's really unfortunate. Not that this helps but you might check craigslist. Maybe the dummy is smart enough to try and sell your blind right away. Or you might be able to find another one on there for cheap?

6. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's just sickening. You work and spend your hard earned money to try and do something good for a kid and some low life piece of s*** comes and steals your ground blind. Needs his hand cut off.

7. bowsie15

bowsie15 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    So ridiculous!!!!

8. JDhom

JDhom Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You sure it didnt just blow away i had one blow away 2 years ago and a guy down the road a month later brought it back.

9. dmen

dmen Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I thought this was possible at first, bu there is a wall of trees and bushes that the blind would have to go thru, and I had it staked pretty good.not to mention the bag that it goes in was still right where I had left it which would have been inside the blind. The bag certainly would have blown away if there was a wind strong enough to blow the blind away.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  10. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It's really amazing how a person can just take something that doesn't belong to them. My brother unfortunately is one of those people. All my life I've never understood him or people like him. People like that IMO are a waste of space. Really sorry to hear about it, what sucks is that when that happens all you can do is just buy another one in hopes that it won't happen again.

:throw:

11. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry to hear man... what a lesson that was for your Nephew (Not being able to TRUST others enjoying your sport).

12. captain71

captain71 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thats the reason I dont buy expensive blinds. I left one setting on my hunting ground since last year you can see it from the road with no problem no houses around this property within miles. To my surprise it hasnt been touched.

13. BustedCoverage

BustedCoverage Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My camera got stolen a few weeks ago. The VERY FIRST thing I did was whip out my phone in the middle of the woods and checked CraigsList. I never found it that way but its a good idea to have your serial numbers written down and check out CraigsList/eBay. You'll end up doing more work than any cop would but at least you might get your crap back.

14. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Man thats rough...so sick of poachers and losers who feel its ok for them to take what is not theirs