I hit one in the ***!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Dan, Oct 12, 2012.

1. illinibowhunter

illinibowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I definitely agree with what you said... Speak of people that are quick to judge, it reminds me of the bow shop that I initially went in to when I first received a hand me down bow from my hunting buddy. I didn't know what I needed on the bow let alone what everything was called and what was best for me.

The guy helping me could not have made me feel any more stupid about being in the store. Instead of helping me out and getting everything set up, it was like he used it as an opportunity to flaunt how much he knew about bow hunting as opposed to explaining things to me and assisting me in getting ready to go.

Thank goodness I had a huge desire to take up the sport 10 years ago otherwise I probably would've just packed up the bow and headed home.

2. JDhom

JDhom Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Your absolutely right the harshness of my comment was uncalledfor! But to come to a open fourm and say you made a bad shot and say you dont want to hear about it is rediculess. We come hear to be in a community of like minded people. To learn for them, there mistakes,and sussesses. To come hear and not want to take the good the bad and the ugly is rediculous. Im a young hunter myself i make a lot of mistakes in the woods and if someone took excption of what i did or said I want to hear about it so i can fix it make it right and move on. Im sorry to the poster to the fourm and you Dan for the comment. I thought this like minded community would have noticed the sarcazim in my txt. I in my nature am a smartazz If i offended you I truley and sorry. Good luck and lets all strive to make the best shot possible. JDhom

3. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Do you feel light headed now? :poke:

4. Schuls

Schuls Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Have a good hunt with your kid, Dan!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

5. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I was very lucky when I grew up as a youngster. My mom and dad both bow hunted and still do. I've told myself numerous times that not everyone has had the same learning curve when I get frustrated with story's I hear on the forum here or around the neighborhood at home. I usually don't comment too often as I just sit back and wait to hear how much experience they have before I throw stones. My dad was very straight to the point with myself, my brother, my mother when we all started bow hunting. No long shots, bad angle shots, etc. You have a bow In your hand, not a gun he would always say.

Like Dan's story when my dad grew up he was the only one who bow hunted In his family. Let me tell you the guy took some very bad shots as a youngster. He'll be the 1st to admit to It. In the end though It was probably the best thing that happened to him and to us too as he took his bad experiences and put them to good use to his family and many others In the hunting world. Now I've took his knowledge and I've used It for myself and also to help others on here as well as young and Inexperienced bow hunters and yes gun hunters around home too. So really everything starts with the type of knowledge one gets from someone else If It's offered. Be very damn careful on what you say to a 1st timer or to anyone here on the forums. That 1st timer could be reading what one says to another and think yes I can take that long shot too I bet or that so so but shootable angle because someone who's shot lots of animals says It can be done. From what I read on these forums there's times I wouldn't want my daughter (If she was old enough to read) reading Into some of the crap that's posted. Honestly I should'nt have to worry about It though If she listens like I did with my dad.

6. wags1

wags1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    great thread Dan!!!! absolutely true and to the point !!!!

7. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Top 5 post right here my friend!

8. scarps23

scarps23 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I joined this site to learn. I started bowhunting last year and have gained a ton of information from this site. Some of those things are mistakes that others have made which helped educate me.

Good write up.

9. cubs204

cubs204 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Edit to move my question to a pm. May not be suitable for public view

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  10. pick00l

pick00l Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great post Dan. I have learned the same way and continue to.

11. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Outstanding thread and replies... great job Dan! :tu:

12. Sliverflicker

Sliverflicker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Great Post Dan, Hope you and the Boy have a good hunt and a great time.

13. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Hear, hear!

14. wolvenkinde

wolvenkinde Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Right On Dan!

15. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Great post Dan. I think a lot of us can relate to your story. I certainly can. I've been there before. I totally agree with you on your post. Well said! Good luck tonite!

16. JGD

JGD Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well said Dan, well said. Thanks for the reminder.

17. Slider46

Slider46 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Great post. I hope more and more members read this and give a little extra thought to what they post.

I know I've caught myself typing what amounted to a useless post and just decoded to delete it and move on.

I agree - if you have nothing constructive to say, don't say anything.

18. bwebb2

bwebb2 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Dan. Last year was my first season hunting, and it had its ups and downs. I started the season with a perfect 12 yard shot on a little 8 point buck. He only ran 30 yards and was an excellent first deer. My second shot was at a doe at 30 yards. I still don't know where I hit her though. We followed a strong blood trail for about 40 yards before it just ended. I looked for many hours but never was able to recover the deer. After all that I had put into the season I felt that I had let down myself, the deer, and the whole hunting community. My only consolation was knowing that I'm not the only one to ever lose a deer and that I had learned some very valuable lessons that I will carry into my future hunting endeavors.

19. MichiganYoungBlood

MichiganYoungBlood Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great post. you could not be more right

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2