QAD Rest

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Carl77, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Carl77

Carl77 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, I'd definately look towards a new shop. Maybe your knock point isn't level with your rest? There are several variables that could have something to do with it.

2. Pro V1

Pro V1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Put one on my CPXL this spring & love it! I especially like how you can leave it in it's upright position when not @ full draw.

3. toaduck

toaduck Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Bought the hdx on eBay for $111 shipped. Can't wait to try it out. The bass pro where i get my work done recommended the rip chord over it though. I wonder why?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

4. Stubert

Stubert Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have the ripcord and it is a great rest, Can't go wrong with that one either.

5. Hogwire

Hogwire Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I bought their basic model this year for 59.99 I think. I love it except it is pretty loud when the fork hits the riser. I adjusted it up to not hit the riser and the internal stop was louder. I put a bit of rubber tube on each end of the fork and this made it a lot quieter but still has a pretty good whack. Is the higher priced version this way? I notice Sims has a little pad you can put on your rest for this so I may try that also.

6. Sadlk

Sadlk Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have used Whisker Biscuits, Rip Cord Code Red, and the QAD Ultra Rest. They all have advantages and disadvantages, but it comes down to personal preference. I ultimately decided on the QAD because I like the idea of a drop away rest and it stays up if you are at full draw and decide to not take the shot. 500 arrows through my rest and no failures.

7. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I put a whisker biscuit on my 4 year old daughter's bow. They have a purpose, but a high speed hunting bow is not one of them.

I have a ripcord code red. You can't go wrong with it either. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another, planning on it actually. It's a cheaper alternative to the hdx. I have many friends that have one and not once has any one of them had issues.

I was having contact issues a while back but my man at the shop found the serving messing up at my d-loop, fixed the center shot and I was up and running!

8. tripper20

tripper20 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just went to a QAD paid $62 for it and it was the best thing that I could have done for my bow!

9. cgersty

cgersty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I love the ability to be able to lock it in an upright position so you don't have to worry about the arrow staying on the riser, I can nock an arrow, lock it in and lay my bow across my lap, and its whisper quiet and I am absolutely in love with it, I have the hdx on my 2012 Anarchy, drawing 30" and maxed out around 73lbs there is absolutely no fletching contact, and it shoots consistently as hell, had a biscuit on my martin saber and thought it was awesome until I put this rest on my new bow, will never shoot another type of rest again.

Gersty

10. Tk Rocky hunter

Tk Rocky hunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Then it isn't tuned right. Plain and simple. Better move somewhere with better shops

11. jvanhees

jvanhees Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    WEll put. have shot them both, and love the QAD

12. bauer6

bauer6 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I started out with the Whisker Biscuit on my Mathews Heli-m but then ended up with the QAD Hdx one week later after i got my Heli-m. The reason why is because my groups were inconsistent from 40 yards out. Dont get me wrong i loved having it because the arrow wasnt going anywhere when walking with an arrow in and there was no way it could fail me while hunting. But all my buddies i hunt with had a Qad Hd or the apache and they kept bugging me for having the whisker biscuit and finally i went back to the bow shop to pick up the QAD HDX and ill tell you ive never been so happy with that purchase. Pros, it stays locked when you let off the draw, super quiet, it has improved my grouping a lot out at 40 plus yards, i like how it keeps the arrow contained also, Made in the USA and life time warranty. Con: Nothing yet

Whisker Biscuit Pro's: Keeps arrow contained, Nothing can really go wrong with it in the field, Groups for me at least were good to 40 yards max.

Con's: Loud when drawing back i would get that nails on the chalk board sound when drawing, Groups were not got beyond 40 Yards.

So all in all the whisker biscuit wasnt a bad rest just not the first one i would chose. Also i did have one on my bear charge for two years so i had more than a week with it.

13. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    So I received my QAD HD today in the mail today. Upon opening the package I was a little nervous setting it up. But i had the instructional video and a couple youtube videos to help me out. The hardest part for me was believe it or not to put on the felt with adhesive on it. Otherwise everything was fairly good considering that I never installed a rest before. :tu: After installation I shot it and I was extremely suprised by how quiet it was upon drawing back. I had 100 percent arrow clearance shooting. I would definitely recommend it.

14. los11

los11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    QAD is the best in my opinion I am a gear fanatic and I try and research everything the whisker biscuit is a good rest does the job and can be had cheap but like anything else you get what you pay for and the high quality item with alot of RD cost some bucks I know the guy who created the biscuit and he made a great product arrow friction yes you will get some thru the biscuit and none with the QAD weight well your talking high grade aircraft aluminium its lighter and quieter and those are the things that matter to me and it looks good.. I mean ur getting total arrown containment. For $130 which is what the HDX can be had for its worth it... But no disrespect to the whisker biscuit it did change everything at the time...