Scent-Lok victory

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by ANM21, Sep 26, 2012.

1. ANM21

ANM21 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    http://www.scentlok.com/press

What do you guys/gals think?

2. Rampaige

Rampaige Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not sure what to think. Scent-lok makes me feel more confident, personally, if nothing else. I must say though, all the deer I have shot, I shot wearing Scent-lok. I did seem to get winded on opening day this year while wearing it, however. A buck was downwind of me and I stood up to turn and shoot. My boot heel slid between the cross members of my summit treestand and made a "clink" sound. The deer stopped dead in his tracks and stood still for a solid 10 min with his nose in the air and his lip curled. I know I caught his attention by making noise but I'm pretty sure he could smell me because he didn't go back to acting relaxed at all, even 20 min later. Usually, if only spooked by a noise they'll calm down after finding nothing for a few minutes.

Anyways, back to the point. I use Scent-lok and probably will continue to use is, provided the prices don't skyrocket any higher from this victory as they prove themselves "effective."

3. ATbuckhunter

ATbuckhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thats great for them but at this time i cant shell out $150 plus for one piece of clothing. Maybe when I graduate this year I can get a job and get some.

4. Oldcarp

Oldcarp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have never used Scent-lok. I did like the article and how the judge thought it was Lawyer driven. I wont get on my soap box about some lawyers.

5. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just look for sales. i was going to buy any either but i found a great deal on a scentlok jacket and pants normally they would have been about 350-400 dollars but i paid about 150 or 160 something like that.

6. Rampaige

Rampaige Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Mine was given to me about 6 years ago. I don't even know if the carbon still works. I wear it for luck now.

7. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Likely it wasnt still working when you first got it. For sure its not now. But it is still quality camo.

8. Brian Miller

Brian Miller Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    ScentLok really does a wonderful job making scent eliminating clothing. I get asked the same question by many every year. Since the product came out I and believe in it so much that I will not hunting without it. If you follow the care instructions and regenerate it every 40 hrs of hunting for the clothing and 15 hrs for the facemask you will be impressed with the results. If you get busted then wash everything and seal in a tub. Sometimes it is something in my pack.

There have been many times when those wary old does come wandering out downwind. Right in my windstream. I know because I will drop a floater after she leaves just to check. On most occasions I will not get busted. Just to be clear I hunt a ton of Michigan public ground that is extremely pressured. Those deer do not let you get away with anything - movement or scent.

As others have stated before the also have some comfortable, wind resistant, water proof, and warm gear. No need to sacrifice scent elimination not comfort. I love the Realtree AP camouflage but the Vertigo Grey has my interest. Many other on the forum have commented positivity on there results with the color. I hope this help, good luck hunting.

9. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It does not work, period.

10. rockinchair

rockinchair Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    What's funny is that some guys are saying, definitively mind you, that it absolutely does work, while others are, definitively mind you, saying it absolutely does not.

Hunters.. we're a funny bunch.

11. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Scent molecules don't lie. You are either giving them off or you are not. And since we are not hunting out of a rubber suit with our scent being contained, then we are giving them off, hence Scent Lok does not work.

12. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Some day I am going to shoot a deer with my bow while wearing a clown suit. I am going to do the whole thing on video just to prove that camo and scent-lok have little or nothing to do with hunting success.

Anyone have a clown suit that I can get bloody? I guarantee you I can do it...:ninja:

13. Brian Miller

Brian Miller Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i will still work

If you care for the clothing and reactivate it is still working. I have some stuff that is going beyond 10 yrs and still kick'en..

14. Longdraw

Longdraw Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    1st: the only good clown is a DEAD CLOWN!
    Secondly: if i saw a clown in the woods and i was armed...there would be 1 less clown (which is a good start)

Just kidding of course, but all clowns are Scarry!
    I'd love to see this on video, go for it.

15. youngfart

youngfart Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, I love it!
    Does it work,in my old weary mind it does! Proof ,numerous times I'm stuck in a stand while the deer are out in front of me downwind in the dark waiting for the deer to feed out into the field. I take my face mask off and poof their of and running. Tell me what did that? Did I fart ? Yes I have been winded with it on. In my mind it was because I forgot to regenerate it after 4 uses. Even if it doesn't work ,it helps my feeble old brain say it does. IF you don't like my reasoning, I'll pull the old gloves out of retirement and bash some scense into your feeble young minds :evilgrin:.
    Rocky

16. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Rocky....hahahaha

17. youngfart

youngfart Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Brett
    On your visit next in 2014, If I'm able to still stand, we can try them out. LMAO ,Good luck on your buck this year bud.
    Rocky