Evercalm

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by sycamoretwitch, Oct 2, 2012.

1. DoubleLung

DoubleLung Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ironically I bought some of this stuff tonight because of the good things I have heard/read about it... I didn't realize how expensize ($23) it was till I picked it up, so i'm hoping I see some sort of positive results. :)
    I intend to use it on my boots for the walk-in and around the perimeter of my food plot, i'll check back if I have any evidence of it working.
    Thanks for the thread, it's interesting to hear what everyones experience and thoughts are on it!

2. Born2Hunt

Born2Hunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey just curious why you would just get evercalm instead of the other two

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

3. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have not put it on my boots either. I just use it on trees where I make a mock scrape or an active scrape that I want to make a buck mad.

4. Born2Hunt

Dislikes Received:
    Alright that makes sense too

5. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Born2Hunt Pat and I have both tried all 3 products quite a few times and neither one of us had any good results from the other 2 products and they are really expensive. Just trying to help out so no one wastes money like we both did.

6. sneakin

sneakin Newb

Dislikes Received:

I forgot to specify that I have only used Evercalm. No experience with the other products they sell. So far I don't mind the price cause it goes a long way (a full season plus for me) and is just as good the next year. But if they keep inching the price up, they will loose me. I have my limits.

7. Born2Hunt

Dislikes Received:
    Hey thanks I appreciate it...I'm just looking for something new to try this year

8. Don't Poke the Bear

Don't Poke the Bear Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This product sounds awesome! Question though. I know that some deer attractants, such as estrus urine or buck urine can increase the likelihood of spreading disease among deer populations if they come in contact with it. Some states, regions or landowners have chosen to ban the use of these products by hunters. I was wondering if evercalm is in any way shape or form like attractant urine. Whats the product made of and is it possible it could spread disease?

9. sycamoretwitch

sycamoretwitch Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry about the poor quality, but here is a video from the buck the other night sent checking the Evercalm.

Video of the same buck in the food plot after noticing the Evercalm

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  10. tanner

tanner Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I like using Trophy Blend Evercalm. It works well for me. I may put a little on my boots as I near my stand but mostly I just rub some on trees around my stand.

11. juice9

juice9 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    ok you guys talked me into I just purchased some on amazon.

12. jemcmichael

jemcmichael Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I did the same thing earlier. Hope it works!

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

13. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well you guys convinced me to buy some. :tu: I guess Ill find out how it works this weekend.

14. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Got mine a day early so I tried it out, I don't know how you guys do it, it burns the heck out of my armpits. But it does glide on smooth, just take a little getting use to I guess.

On a more serious note, I should make it out a couple days this weekend and am going to put it on a few trees in front of the trail cam I put out last weekend. Be interesting to see what deer stop if any to check it out. If it works I may try the VS-1 the same way closer to the rut and see if it has any effects, may move the camera for that one as I don't want to have adverse reactions near the area I hunt.

15. Cablebob

Cablebob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    So I wanted to give everyone an update on my first experience with this stuff.

It's awesome. Went hunting last night, nothing was going well too much noise, sweating too much, finally got up in the tree 30min later than what I wanted and figured if there were any deer left in the woods they would need to be deaf. I sit for an hour and 45min before sunset, I have deer all over me! none are mature bucks but I had a button buck mill around under my stand for 10min! just eating acorns and undergrowth. not a care in the world. He even sniffed my entrance trail! I had ever calm on my boots the sides of my pants and on my stand. I had mature doe come in on a string because she was curious, she did catch my wind and blow, but then she came back! it was like she couldn't resist it. I did not shoot the button buck and the mature doe never gave me a shot but that was a fun hunt.

16. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds promising. I do like the idea of using it as a "cover scent" in the fact it's a cover up but a natural smelling cover up. Curious enough I now have some on the way.

17. Cablebob

Cablebob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I don't think you will regret it ty. I'm hooked on this stuff. it will be my only cover scent from now on. Crazy how well it works.

However, it is not fool proof. When that doe got down wind of me, she knew something wasn't right. She smelled me with the Evercalm and just stood quartering to me at 25yrds. then she would go right the left, trying to find the source of my smell. She finally stopped and blew. She ran about 50 yards then stopped and started back to me! I have never seen such a thing.

18. sycamoretwitch

sycamoretwitch Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I had a doe do the very same thing last night actually. Had 4 doe come into my food plot. I had walked around the outside of my food plot into my stand. This doe got on the sent and came to the middle of the plot - head up looking around, then walked along the back side of my plot to the front of the plot where I entered basically along the same path I entered the area in. She ended up leaving the area - the other doe in the food plot was unaffected by the sent or the other doe - she just kind of watched that other doe and went on about feeding.

I also had put some Evercalm on the base of a tree (see video in this thread) and had that 8 point lick the tree and sent check the Evercalm. Well walking out of the stand this morning I noticed a pretty nice rub on that very tree that the sent was on. I put some sent on top of the fresh rub - not sure if that was a good move, bad move or neutral move... lol

19. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've got some for deer on one for coyotes I've used the predator one but haven't tried the deer one yet. Better throw it in my bag so I don't forget it again this year.

20. Matt9589

Matt9589 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    been using it for 3 days now and saw nothing. maybe im just in the wrong spot idk. still using it tho.