Team 35 Check-In/Thread

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by tynimiller, Aug 25, 2012.

1. MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    ty,
    could you see pic in team #20 thread i posted a pic there also

2. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I could not...so if others can I'd say it's just problem on my end.

3. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
    Try again and look score carD board and team #20 board???

Thanks
    chris

4. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
    tHANK YOU

5. jvanhees

jvanhees Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Anyways........

Anyone out this morn?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

6. OutbackRyno

OutbackRyno Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Not I, but I am counting down the days until my vacation starting on Nov 2 and running til Nov 12.

7. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    I will be getting out FINALLY friday evening and Saturday morning. Judging by predicted wind I could either be sitting in a cornfield blind or along a couple scrape lines just starting to get messed with (if it rains and stops I'll be on the scrape lines).

8. sharpbroadheads

sharpbroadheads Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    update on the hunting so far....opening evening I was filming my wife....we saw one doe walk through shooting lane really quick at 35 yards an hour before dark, then as I was packing up the camera at the end of filming light a big doe popped out 13 yards in front of us....facing right at us....spot is super thick, couldnt see her till she was o top of us....my wife got her bow ready and i got the camera back on...but i had already put the shotgun mic away so there's no audio on the footage....the doe stood there forever, then turned and left the way she came....no shot. still a good night....haven't been out since due to work...headed out this evening to a new spot we've never hunted....

9. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    well how'd the new spot treat ya tonight Sharps?

10. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys the mixture of rain and possible new ground needing walked is gonna rule hunting out for me tonight. I will be though scouting. Sadly in my work clothes (I do have high rubber boots though in truck)...so hope the wife doesn't get mad if I ruin the clothes haha!

Anyways, this property is only 5 acres but...it's a canary grass/brush/few trees marsh just to the NW of my swamp property. I am going to explore it tonight as the landowner from WI doesn't want to just let me hunt it and brought up leasing. Knowing it's just 5 acres and I'm only looking to have a spot near the swamp property to bow hunt during gun season I may just be willing to pay for hunting the first time in my life...obviously not a lot though as it is just 5 acres and to boot the 5 acres to the west of it is more the area I WANT BAD (more trees and cover)...but haven't heard from that land owner.

So a scouting we will go tonight. If I like what I see I'll make an offer (he said he wanted me to just offer, as he didn't have a figure)...and set up a ground blind (really no suitable trees on this one I think) and let it set till gun season! We'll let you guys know what I find.

11. nattriplett

nattriplett Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry I am so late getting around to checking in.

I'm in Colorado but hunting in SE Kansas this year.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

12. jvanhees

Dislikes Received:
    It is a great night to scout Ty I'm not sure if it's raining where you're at but it's pouring up here. Gonna go give it hell anyways ...hope my camera doesn't mind getting wet. 51 deg...first time on this new 160.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

13. sharpbroadheads

Dislikes Received:
    new spot not so good....skunked...dont think I will go back

14. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry nattriplett but we already had to request a replacement. Make sure you sign up next year!

15. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    well guys new prop I looked at is so thick and tall grass I just can't get a blind set up without totally destroying the place for a long time haha! There is one tree that is perfect for a stand but very visible from the road so I'd need to prep the tree and not put a stand in it as to not risk stealing and trespassing....however the spot is money and I think I'm gonna ask the owners if for this year I can hang a couple cameras there for scouting and possible pay next year there.

16. sharpbroadheads

Dislikes Received:
    deer are moving everywhere! saw a big buck last night right at dark out in some standing beans...buddy of mine shot 2 does last night.....spent the night looking for them in the rain...also the big buck I got on film back in september is on the new episode of BHOD.....if you guys want to see it..

17. vectrix27

vectrix27 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Found a killer spot today while scouting the military reservation i hunt. Its a little draw that is raining white oak acorns and you can hardly walk through there without stepping in deer crap. There is a thicket where they have to be bedding at nearby. All the deer coming from the thicket to the draw have to skirt the edge of a deep chert pit about the size of a football field. Its the perfect funnel and it has a rubline coming down the edge of it. Cant wait till opening day.

18. OutbackRyno

OutbackRyno Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like a pretty nice little hot spot Vectrix. From my experience here in Arkansas, if you have acorns you have deer. Every deer I have seen the last couple of weeks has had its head down looking for acorns.

19. jvanhees

Dislikes Received:
    Couple does and a tresspasser this weekend on the new 160 I hunt. Guy claims he has permission blah blah, walking throught at 7pm.

Almost had a doe shot. Hope I can get back out Tues or Weds.

20. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys rain cancelled my Sunday hunt. I hunt the rain but this early I'm gonna pass. Also it appears my new great swamp property has EHD sightings and confirmed deaths around it on lakes and rivers (some a mile others a couple miles away). The farmer hasn't found any and we don't smell anything coming from the 200acre swamp to the South so we're hoping that's a good sign but it is affecting our deer herd...could get tough here.