Moving my Treestand??? Should I so early in the season

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by SRMartin15, Sep 25, 2012.

1. HOLDFASTHANK

HOLDFASTHANK Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hunt in central ma, and one thing I've learned is, if the deer can fit in that piece of woods, and its in the right spot, they will bed there. Here is a photo of where i seen a doe bedded last year, at 2:30 in the afternoon. bedded doe 1.jpg bedded doe 2.jpg the second picture just shows what else is around her, and this is where she chose to bed at 2:30 in the afternoon with a home owner 50yds away blowing leaves in her direction.

2. HOLDFASTHANK

Dislikes Received:
    Ok this is what i did with your setup. The dotted yellow line is what the deer could also be doing, the dotted white line would be the suggested entry point , and the green dots would be possible spots i would move the stand to. Thats just from what I can see from the picture, you actually being in those woods can make a final decision somewhere inbetween or in the general area. Where is your access point ? hunting 2.jpg

3. SRMartin15

SRMartin15 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thats funny that you guys had posted all this stuff because yesterday I went out to move my trail cam to an area i was thinking would be good to hunt and sure enough it is right near where you placed your green dot... Ill see what shows up on the cam in a few days and that will determine if i decide to move my tree stand or not. Thank you for the help guys and ill keep you posted on trail cam pics and the outcome if i do move my stand

4. HOLDFASTHANK

Dislikes Received:
    didnt even realize you are from ma... where abouts?

5. SRMartin15

Dislikes Received:
    Western MA I was raised in West Springfield. How about you?

6. HOLDFASTHANK

Dislikes Received:
    worcester county...how often have you been sitting in your tree stand ? just scouting?

7. SRMartin15

Dislikes Received:
    Well I have gone to my stand a lot so I think it might be smart if I let things settle down some before I go back to that spot. I have another stand I was told I could use and no one goes in it so I might sit there and let the deer in that area get settled in again

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2