Sorry.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by hunter97, Oct 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hunter97

hunter97 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would like to say I’m sorry. I made some posts and stretched the truth and made some things sound more severe than they were to try and get free stuff. I took advantage of a lot of you great guys on here, and I’m not proud of it. I am really truly sorry from the bottom of my heart. At first, I was thinking about how nice it would be to have free stuff, not realizing how much the mental and physical consequences far outweighed the benefits. I will say I have learned my lesson and it wasn’t because of the punishment I will have to serve because of this. I have realized how childish these things are and how stupid I was for doing it. For those of you that have sent me things, it is up to you what I do with them. If you prefer, I will send them back to you or donate them to someone else on here. Moderators… sorry for the work and confusion I have caused you. I could give you many reasons to ban be from these great sites but that decision is fully up to you. And for everybody else on this site, I don’t deserve your respect or anyone else’s. I feel bad about this and I will be mindful of this for a long time
    Conrad Morris

2. Arkansas countryboy

Arkansas countryboy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I applaud for apologizing and good luck this season.

3. Billy-Kayla Pulsifer

Billy-Kayla Pulsifer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Its messed up that you would even think about doing something to this affect, people work hard for what they have and for you to take advantage of it was entirely unjustifiable. Even at 15 if you are that hard up for cash for new stuff, MOW SOME OLD LADIES LAWN. Earn your way, if i was you, id be thinking of a minimum of a thousand word essay on the Ethics of hunting and Hunter Cohesion, wouldnt hurt to throw in a few things about respect and the importance of integrity!

4. WiRutJunkie

WiRutJunkie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It takes a man to own his mistakes, I respect that.

5. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Conrad,

Kudos for stepping up to the plate. If the Trophy Cam is in working order, I'd prefer you give it to someone. You might just find that giving feels better than taking.

6. Van

Van Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I applaud you for owning up to your mistakes. By the way, how much did you manage to acquire? Just curious.

7. REMYNGTON

REMYNGTON Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    ^^^ agreed. I also hope that u sincerely take the time to reflect on "why" what u did was wrong. U are a young man and are still learning lifes lessons as we all are in some form or another. I respect the fact that u are apologizing and seem to have learned from ur actions. On the other hand I hope u are sincere in it. I wish the best of luck to u and hope u take the time to contemplate ur actions, not just try and get through the punishment or consequences. :)

8. hunter97

hunter97 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    A trail cam and a few arrows. Fitz the trail cam is not work

9. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Is that just from here? what about AT

10. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    As a person who has raised four sons ages 32, 21, 18, 17 and who works with and counsels youngmen on a daily basis I want to ask you this. Why do you young men believe that doing the crime and then apologizing makes things right? What were you thinking when you duped these folks? Anytime during this event did you stop and think "this is not right"? Does integrity not mean anything to you? No offense to the other fine folks on this site who have posted to this thread but SHAME ON YOU !!!!

I was raised with two ideas planted firmly in my head by my elders, A mans word is worth his weight in gold and your integrity is something no one can take from you if you do the right thing. I will not commend you for coming clean, you should never ever went down this path. Perhaps you need to look up the word integrity !!!!!

Dave

11. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'm very glad your conscience got the best of you. That shows that you are still listening to the right voices, although you ignored it to begin with. You maned up though and that is good. I think you should donate everything you received to someone else. That way you don't continue to benefit from the original deception. Hold your head up and carry on. Just don't do it again.

Blessings.......Pastorjim

12. Dogfish

Dogfish Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  13. Copehunt

Copehunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Conrad, don't forget about the Predator forum either!

I fell for the 'Kid's' B/S hook line and sinker.

Hey BigRedOak, I got into it with you publically over this, so I'll apologize publically. I'm sorry man.

14. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    i agree with this .... the proof of repentance comes in the actions that follow.

15. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I just reread this and thought, "Man that is good!" :D (God gave it to me)

16. geauxtigers1421

geauxtigers1421 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just out of curiosity, are you even 15?
    Doesn't seem like you stretched the truth at all, seems like you lied. There is no stretching the fact that you lost your last arrow, you either have more or you don't. There is no stretching the fact that you tore your camo, you either did or you didn't. Sure an apology might take a lot, but not on a forum over the computer. What else did you LIE about? Did you wound both deer? In your arrow post, you mentioned you lost two hitting limbs. In your camo post, you shot 4" off. How many deer have you shot at? If you were 5 yards off on the buck shooting up, it should not cause you to shoot that far off. Sorry if I'm coming off harsh, I just can't respect someone that could do that to people. Did you at least have the decency to say thank you?

I'm 17 right now, last year I shot and wounded a doe. Hit her back and high then got out the stand too early and jumped her up. Looked for hours and hours then got lost (didn't mark my path) after losing the blood trail. Finally found my way out from a different trail and never went back to look. Looking back on it makes me sick. I'll admit, I did ALOT wrong that night and probably shouldn't have even been hunting due to clear lack of maturity. After that night, I told myself I would never let anything of that sort happen again. I learned my lesson from admitting my wrong doings.

The point I'm trying to make is, IF you are 15 and what you said happen did happen, you really need to admit your wrong doings, tell the truth, and never let it happen again.

I know I'll probably get a lot of crap for this, just giving my .02 on the situation.

17. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have to wonder if you would be doing this if you had not been caught. Only you know that and I really dont care for you to answer here. But, it is something you might give some thought. I took a rash of crap from many here because I did not buy into your story from the start. I guess I have been around long enough to call them as I see them. I thought it was obvious from the start, but was hoping for a while that I was wrong. Too bad.

Reputations and character are easy to damage and difficult to repair. Your apology is a good start. Mistakes are repeated if we dont learn from them. I have a feeling that you have learned something from this. At least I sincerely hope you have. The fact that you have guilt over this tells me that inside you are a good person and will do what is right in the future. You can never go wrong with the truth.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  18. nate

nate Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, people on this site were up in arms over your posts and it was all a grand hoax! You will not go far in life with that kind of behavior. Thank you for apologizing, honesty REALLY is the best policy no matter what.

19. brucelanthier

brucelanthier Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I wonder if this will mend Straight Shooter's broken heart.

20. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That paragraph didnt do much for me. Who knows if you actually mean it or not. You took advantage of some good people on this forum. I can't imagine how you treat other people around you or the animals you hunt.

Sorry, but Im glad I never believed your sob stories.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.