Acorn Rage

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Bear3725, Sep 25, 2011.

1. jessemonroe

jessemonroe Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Go to Cosco and get you a big thing of mollasses or syrup. Go out in the woods and pile a bunch of acorns together and pour the mollasses on top of it....

2. Bear3725

Bear3725 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Jesse I didn't even think of that...that's a great idea. However, all of the acorns in my area have pretty much been eaten already, granted there are a pile of shells but that isn't going to do me any wonders.

3. mads10bass

mads10bass Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i put the acorn rage out about 3 weeks ago in front of some veiwing cameras and nothing improved at all heck half of the deer just walked past it without even looking at it. Had the same results with greens enraged. going back to old faithful of hunting main trails and around apple trees it seems to yeild better for me.

4. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If you are looking to pour something on a stump, you should try 1 bag of Monster Raxx Trophy Minerals and pour one 8 ounce botttle of Monster Raxx Whitetail Magnet or Anytime Acorns all over the stump. The deer just hammer the stumps when we use our products this way.

5. Tekel

Tekel Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    How long does this setup normally last? Is it a lather, rinse, repeat weekly? monthly?

6. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Tekel I pour a bag of Monster Raxx Trophy Minerals in and on the stump. Then I pour a bottle of the Monster Raxx Whitetail Magnet all over the stump. So it is a granular and a oil based liquid. I do this once a month.

7. mads10bass

mads10bass Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    do i have to pour it on stumps? I never got the logic on doing this.

8. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    No you dont have to pour it on stumps. Almost all of my mineral sites are on the ground. But some times I will pour it on a stump and they eat the whole thing. I know alot of people who do this as well.

9. wisconsinhunter

wisconsinhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Acorn Rage and Double drag system

I was am planning on bow hunting in Wisconsin at the end of October, I am hoping and pretty sure thats when the rut will be going on. I bought some acorn rage crushed attractant and a double drag system with doe estrous and buck urine. I was planning on trailing the drag behind me and then hanging it under a tree about 20 yards in my shooting lane, I also wanted to put the acorn rage about 5 feet next to it. Do you think that will work or are both of those together too much? Please help.

10. MattDota

MattDota Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i use acorn rage and up here in the north east they love it. but i think it depends on what area you are in. for example i see guys on youtube that used peanut butter and they love it, i put it out here in CT, the deer dont touch it, you will just have to try it out.
    Best of luck

11. nate

nate Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    big buck 012.jpg I just picked apples off a tree in my yard and took 3 5gallon buckets to my hunting area. The deer loved them and it was this guy's last meal

12. mizepd

mizepd Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Sure does draw in the Coons!! Seriously!!

13. Hogwire

Hogwire Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've tried acorn rage here in mideastern Oklahoma. They eat it pretty well. But they eat rice bran just as well and it's about 12 bucks for 50#. Can always flavor it with something but i've had em lickin the ground this year. Got some of the new Cmere deer corn flavoring and it is really strong smelling. Smells familiar but I ain't figgered it out yet, some kinda candy. Anyway does were walking by my rice bran to get to this flavored corn. Maybe some potential there. I've used the Greens enraged also and it seems to me that deer like it a little better, hard to say for sure. Also a new mineral based product out called Deer Desire. Gonna pick up a bag next week, they have acorn, apple and persimmon flavor. Opened a sample pack and it was so strong it fogged my glasses! lol. Used a product called Deerx a couple years ago that really worked well but can't find it anymore, it was mineral based and had grains in it, mostly corn and soy beans (mostly mineral). It smelled so strong the UPS guy was mad at me by the time he delivered and he was a deer hunter. Was double wrapped in plastic and packed in carton. Should have bought more. I have good luck with Bonedimonium (sp?) Bone meal with ground up grains in it. Seems to attract bucks more than does! Also bucks really seem to be attracted to the rice bran. Should be able to find at most feed stores. It's 12,12,12. (fat, protein and fiber) so it's good for the deer too. I mostly feed cattle cubes, 12% or 20, protein. Has a really good smell and cheaper than corn. Only thing wrong is a good dew will melt cubes and they don't like em after that. I like to scatter under oak trees after acorns are gone and they just keep comin back. With all that said I wish they had never allowed baiting deer. Had no trouble finding deer before but now you gotta put it out or all your deer will be at your neighbors! lol!! Oh well, that ship done sailed!! lol Good huntin and good luck

14. midnighthunter

midnighthunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I dont have any luck come october.

15. Dunn County

Dunn County Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ive had great results with any of the buck jams (Acorn, apple, and corn) Don't use it often but it seems to draw the deer in quickly. I usually use it to introduce a new mineral site. Unfortunately when I've put just this out it isn't enough to keep the deer coming back.

16. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've used the powder form of Acorn Rage that comes in the bag a few times. One year I had success and another year it didn't seem to do anything. So I'm not sure if it was just the timing or the available food supply from one year to another. I think I'll stick to mock scrapes and the regular corn feeder away from my stand. I have my stand setup on the top of a hillside where 2 trails meet so I don't think it's really beneficial for me anyway.