Whats the most expensive thing you've ever dropped out of the tree?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by muzzyman88, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Hogwire

Hogwire Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    dropped

Threw my pack down and remembered my rangefinder was in before it hit the ground.

2. dprsdhunter

dprsdhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Missed almost 6 months work ...........
    but considering how much worse it could have been I consider my self lucky

3. bowsie15

bowsie15 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    On a rainy day dropped my iPhone 3 into a puddle checking what time it was in the stand. OUCH that hurt!!!

4. Junior

Junior Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Threw my release and gloves down..er...at ...my hunting partner after he took a shot at a massive buck which was 40 yards from him and less than 15 yards from me. Did I mention he missed?!

Rope broke when I was hauling the brand new bow and pack up...was about 6 inches from my hand...bad day, but not as bad as some!

5. oetken

oetken Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Best I've ever done is drop my old blackberry out of the stand, straight onto a rock. Landed just next to a creek. Climbed down later and the phone didn't have a scratch on it. The case was in 3 pieces, however.

6. Jmcarlson6641

Jmcarlson6641 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just the minor things...nothing compared to cameras or myself and breaking bones! Guess i had some climbing sticks break once but was only half way up (and was young) so nothing serious happened to me.

7. AUbowhunter

AUbowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Not expensive, but I dropped a camo knife that I really liked and carried for over a year. saw it hit the ground and still couldn't find it.

8. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    You seriously had to post this, didn't you MuzzyMan? :rant::D Up until this morning, the most I ever dropped was a flashlight and a quiver once. Today, I dropped my Bowtech Sentinel AND my phone. The bow appears to be ok (it was only 12ft at the time, and it actually hit two hemlock branches on the way down slowing the fall. I haven't shot it yet. I need to run a cottonball over the limbs to see if there are any hair line cracks.

9. BACKSTRAPASSASSIN

BACKSTRAPASSASSIN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    had a bow holder on the arm rail of my climber and knocked my bow out of it one day turning around to check on a noise i heard behind me.....i thought that was bad....you win

10. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I dropped a brand new, unlight cigarette out of a tree stand once. It was my last one in the pack. :cry: It was hell seeing it laying down there but I forced myself to stay put... well for about 5 minutes then I went down and retrieved it. It was fine !! :p

Tim

11. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You win! lol jk. I cant believe that you waited a whole 5 minutes to get down. You sir have drive!

12. Prestonwk

Prestonwk Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Last week I took my iPad out to check my camera while i was hunting and i I dropped it out of the stand from 20 ft. It had the case on it and its leather and a stick put a hole right through the case but the iPad was fine.

13. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah you got lucky there, real lucky!! glad to hear :) Most expensive thing I ever dropped was a Muzzle loader back when I still gun hunted. It bent the scope ends down to where they touched the barrel!

14. WildmanSC

WildmanSC Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Four years ago while hunting in IL, I was adjusting the level of the base of my climbing stand and it fell out from under me. The straps connecting it to the upper half of the stand stopped it and I was able to drop myself down and pull it back up. Then I felt something flowing down the right side of my face and quickly discovered it was blood.

I reached up to my right ear and also discovered that the $1,400 hearing aid in my right ear was missing. Before I climbed up, I did something that I'd never done before nor have I done since. I placed some items at the bottom of the tree before I started climbing. When I looked down I was pleasantly surprised to see the hearing aid had landed the one place where I would surely be able to see/find it. It landed on the jacket I placed at the base of the tree! Thank you Lord!

Bill

15. Rob / PA

Rob / PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've dropped both a bow and a camcorder... with the bow I grabbed for it and came up with a handful of Muzzy broadhead, bow was unharmed... and my camcorder, well the lens cracked... I wanted a new on anyway. LOL

16. ultramax

ultramax Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Dropped my bow tech d350 last week when a old pull road broke on my old hang on stand failed.. Bow fell about the last ten feet hit a limb and stuck the landing I gave it a perfect 10.
    Bow and father is doing fine.