For all the people in college/high school/taking classes

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by ohiohunter, Oct 2, 2012.

1. OctaneRudi

OctaneRudi Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    marauder i agree with him, however the urge is unbearible... i go to boarding school and my breaks always match up with the PA hunting season break.

2. bone_driven

bone_driven Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i skipped way to much last year while i was a freshman in collage and cant afford to do that anymore i wont be doing any morning hunts except on the weekends. I can hunt almost every afternoon though so im not complaining. Cant have my grades like they were first semester last year again. What are majoring in marauder?

3. Krohboy

Krohboy Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Being a wildlife biology major the teachers are very understanding which helps

Sent from iPhone

4. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like my schedule. im done by 1 at the latest on most days and noon 2 days of the week so afternoon hunts workout well for me .

5. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm in Marketing Business to Business. Basically I could do anything Marketing, Business, Sales, Promotions, Advertising, and Customer Service related. However, ideally what I wouldn't mind doing is working for Mathews (since I live in Wisco) and do business with retailers and such. I would like to help promote the new products and become an expert in the field. Ideally that is. :tu:

6. Jmcarlson6641

Jmcarlson6641 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Its not the classes that i cant get out of....its the group projects and labs that i have to do on my own time. But I have the urge to skip that stuff daily! But with this being my last semester im trying to tough it out and finish strong.

7. KMabey

KMabey Newb

Dislikes Received:
    If i know the weather is going to perfect for deer movement I can't help but to miss class. I usually save my skips for those days you know you're going to see deer

8. boof

boof Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I only skip during the rut. I do spend about 90% of my classes thinking about hunting, though. I'm a Biology major so skipping is hard to get away with.

9. CleChevy

CleChevy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm with marauder I think I've skipped maybe 5 classes in my 3 years in college so far. The latest I'm ever in class is 1215 so I can get out for afternoons easily, but I play lacrosse for my college so I usually have practice or workouts in he afternoon and limits my hunts.

10. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I probably skipped as many classes as I attended in undergrad. I went to Anatomy and Physiology 2 times, the first day and the final exam. It was an 8 am class and if I wasn't hunting I wasnt waking up.

I loved organic chem tho and never skipped it.

11. ohiohunter

ohiohunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am a Biology major with a double minor in chemistry and psychology. Anyone in college is essentially paying for their grades so they can go either into a career or higher education. If I can miss a class here or there and keep those grade up, I may do it every once in a while :tu:

Im not advocating skipping class, and labs and projects are an obligation, but missing a lecture every once in a while and getting the notes is fine with me.

12. rybo

rybo Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What kind of schedules are you guys running? I was maxed out in credits every semester and had TONS of time to hunt without having to skip.

13. KDORSETT12

KDORSETT12 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I will only be skipping class for a week in November for rut, I figure if I am paying so much money for a class I mine as well go. My schedule is awesome though! I go Monday nights 7-10 for one class, then I go Tuesday and Thursday 930-320 for three classes. Leaves me with 6 afternoon hunts and 5 morning hunts for pigs if I can get off of work!

14. Rampaige

Rampaige Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I didn't skip in high school ever. I played football and wrestled so I had hardly any hunting season. In college I would skip to duck hunt. Now I'm a career firefighter but I didn't finish school so I'm going back part time. I have to skip class tonight to package venison. My little brother will be hunting for the first time this year. He's in 8th grade but I'm gonna try to get the parental unit on board with letting me take him a few times so he can skip school.

15. VAhunter

VAhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm in high school now and let me tell you, most guys in my classes dream of girls and the party there going to that night. Me, a big 10 under my stand!!! I have only skipped school once to hunt. WORTH IT!

16. Rory/MO

Rory/MO Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've set up my schedule the last two years for hunting... This semester I'm off on Wednesdays and Fridays, only have a 12-145 on Mondays, and only go 10-145 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I've never really had the urge to skip to go hunting because I set up my schedule to where I don't really need to lol.

17. cvbot

cvbot Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    videotaped a friend hunt last night. 150" 20 yards without giving us a shot. Today is this day for me

18. Dunn County

Dunn County Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Always but just be aware that feeling never changes it care is on after college and into your job.

19. jemcmichael

jemcmichael Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm in my final semester and only taking 12 credits. I thought I'd have tons of time to hunt since I don't have class till noon at the earliest. However, all my senior capstone classes are piling on the group projects. Oh well, I'll still have more time this year hand when I get a 9-5 job.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

20. ATbuckhunter

ATbuckhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I wouldn't be able to even if i wanted to since i live in the city.