Team 9

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by kskcheche, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Didn't have much time this week between school, work and a buddy coming home from college for the weekend. Will be hunting a good amount later this week, hopefully I can get some bucks to move during light.

2. lansea56

lansea56 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I didn't get out this wknd at all. Been battling a pretty rough cold. Next weekend is youth hunt in WI. which I don't like to bow hunt during, and I'll be getting ready to do some traveling for work. Probably will be a couple weeks before I get in the stand again, but will then be putting in a lot of time through the rut. Going to be tough to be out of the woods, but I do think it will pay dividends once I get back at it.

3. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hunted the past few days with my Indiana hunters. One guy was seeing a solid 130" 8pt every morning but no shot. I went out tonight and self filmed a doe hunt. Had 11 does come in and smoked one at 15 yards. So i guess that'll give us some points. Havent shot a doe in years but with no venison in the freezer she sure looked yummy! lol Pics and story later, gonna eat some dinner first..... she only went 60 yards.

4. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome job rutin, way to draw first blood for us.

5. dunncty22

dunncty22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    good deal rutin were on the board! This weeks busy for this guy with school fulltime and 30 hrs of work to boot. Wont be in the stand again for a few days. got skunked on Saturday am due to a pack of coyotes chasing deer and howling at 550 am.

6. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I was after a particular buck but knew there were a TON of does in this bean field. I was really just in a observation stand and at 6pm I had 11 does out in front of me. By 6:45 4 broke off and headed for me. I normally dont shoot does (last one in 04' i think) but they came in and got my wind. The other does had cleared and went into the corn and these four were headed on a B-line for me. They ended up catching my wind and the two momma does busted me. I filmed them coming in and all the action of them busting me. The biggest one blows and starts stomping so I know its done. I HATE when old does bust me bc they will always walk by that stand on guard from there on out! Soooo.... once she blew the other one turned slightly to give me a shot and I made a quick draw, made sure she was on cam, and blew a slick trick thru her! She only ran about 70 yards and crashed in the beans. The other 3 does stood over top of her all night, even after I left. I got back there around 9pm and they were bedded around her. Kinda felt bad at that point but they quickly moved on. The footage turned out pretty dang good and made lugging all that **** in worth it! Self filming is def the hardest thing ive done but when it comes together its awesome! Tonight im after the big boy since hes on the other side of the farm.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. sycamoretwitch

sycamoretwitch Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Still early guys! Great looking doe and good job on the photos - professionally done if you ask me!

8. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    Getting ready to get outta the office and get into the stand for the first time this year in IN. Weather could be a factor - right now it's 63 with a NE wind at 10 mph. Decent chance of light rain showers - not going to let that keep me out of the stand on this opening Monday of Indiana Bow Season, not a chance!

9. CMTRAV

CMTRAV Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sitting the stand tonight looking to lay a doe down for the team and to fill the freezer
    Congrats Rutin great doe see if u can post the video would love to see it
    Good luck Team 9

10. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    Had a great opening night hunt, if this hunt is any indication of the season I am going to have it's going to be a dandy deer season! I saw 4 doe early on at 10 to 15 yards to my left (south) and working away from me. Then had a nice 8 point come out into the food plot directly in front of me at any where from 10 to 50 yards for 45 minutes. Two months from now I would take this buck for sure - but not on opening night. If I were to guess probably woulda scored any where from 90 to 110. Then had a young 4 pointer out in the stand before dark.

What an amazing hunt! That 8 pointer put on a pretty good show! Got some pictures and footage from my IPhone (not the highest quality) to share later. Off to a 9 p.m. softball game now!

11. polecat_will

polecat_will Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Rutin on the doe! Glad we are finally on the board. Sounds like some of you have had some decent hunts which is good. I was hunting a buddies farm this past weekend that is usually loaded with deer in Shelby Co., MO. Not this year.... The EHD and blue tongue have done a hurt on it. 5 of us hunted it pretty hard this past weekend and saw 10 deer total. Heading back to the home turf this weekend and hoping to get out a night or 2 around here this week after work. Good luck to all!!

12. kskcheche

kskcheche Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I didn't hunt but I got new arrows... Pics when they are delivered. Nice doe Rutin.

13. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    I mean I can't begin to tell you guys how good of a hunt that I had today. I have only been hunting for 4 years now. This is only my second bow season ever. I've spent a lot of time learning, reading, understanding the sport - I've spent money and time on a food plot, on the perfect stand location - the list goes on and on for me. I have put a lot into this (as many of you do each season). For me to have the kind of opening day that I had - I am just in awe of the magic that took place in the woods for me today.

In track in college you would know when you strait up owned a practice or strait up had a good race, maybe didn't win the race - but had a good race. Today was that kind of day for me in the woods. I got into the truck feeling like I had won - I had all 6 deer down wind of me and I don't think I got winded once. I had that 8 point in the field for 45 mins. - he hit an Evercalm scrape in front of me.

Sorry - I'm just so happy! My work isn't even close to being done yet - but just to kind of experience some sort of success, it was really a blessing!

14. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck everyone, stay safe out there. Weather has been kind of nasty here in OH. Going out today to move some stands and cameras to pin point the big 8 im after. Gotta work all weekend except sunday so that'll be the next time im out.

I actually took those doe pics by myself with a continous burst on a tripod, not bad for a small town hillbilly lol

15. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looking forward to the video rutin, good luck on your big 8.

Twitch, I'm right there with you man. This is my third year bow hunting, and each year you find more and more pieces to the puzzle. I can count the deer I saw my first year all on one hand and I was out a lot. This year, I've been seeing more deer than ever and slowly learning, it is a really gratifying feeling even though I have yet to release an arrow. There is a certain sense of accomplishment from the countless hours you have put in learning.

16. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    Well said, you got that message in fewer words than I was able to. I was just so overwhelmed with accomplishment that I had to share in so many words! lol I mean I have a lot of respect for people who have been at this for awhile, but I think those people take for granted what "actually" goes into it. Many of them have been doing it from an early age and they just become so accustomed to it. Well, try starting hunting in your early 20s and becoming addicted to the sport - it aint easy, especially if you are all in with it and want to do it right!

17. lansea56

lansea56 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    nice looking doe Rutin, congrats. You got the monkey off our back.....sounds like the team is in full action and things will only be getting better and better. Shoot straight everyone.

18. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    well...... tonight I thought I was going to kill the big 8. BUT i didnt! I could see his fresh tracks pushing a doe into a big bedding area I call lil kansas, he went right past my stand and had to bed within 100-150 yards of my stand. I was beyond pumped for this evenings hunt but it produced NOTHING. Not a single deer! It was def windy and then it rained at about 6pm for 30 mins and with 740ish being sundown I thought for sure they would get up and move early. This area is so thick he could of and I would have never seen him but he def didnt return to the crop the same way he left. I wont be back out until sunday now and it sure looks good this weekend. Supposed to be cool temps across the midwest and a GREAT moon phase (underfoot) so everyone should see movement!

19. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    Back in the stand tonight - for the last 36 hours we have had a near constant mist. That is supposed to subside as a warmfront moves in this afternoon.

Will be in the stand again Thursday night as a cold front gets ready to move in on Friday. I took Friday off work so that will be my first morning hunt of the year!! Thursday night and Friday morning could be VERY good times for me to see a shooter!

20. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a feeling someone is going to put down a buck here soon, I'll be out friday, saturday, possibly thursday if it does not downpour.