Worst day ever!!!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by hunter97, Oct 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BACKSTRAPASSASSIN

BACKSTRAPASSASSIN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    i know fletch920 took a bunch of crap for telling it like it is...i agree that it's great to see so many generous people on this site but honestly where does it end- what's gonna happen when this dude gets a deer- is it gonna be a "2nd worst day ever" because he lost his wallet on the way to the butchers and can't clam up enough to get the meat taken care of in time so it will all spoil-knowing that the kind hearted people on here will probable pony up to get the next big "crisis" handled- between ripped clothing and lack of arrows to me it sounds like a glass always half empty situation and no matter what it will never be enough

i'm all for helping out and getting youth into our beloved sport but that comes with life lessons that i don't see here- not saying i'm perfect by no means but to keep a down and out attitude about everything isn't going to get you very far in bowhunting or in life

2. Vito

Vito Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I laughed.

3. BigRedOak

BigRedOak Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

I agree. Going hunting with only one arrow is just plain irresponsible. Not to mention that this is the second time in two weeks that he is posting about having missed a deer.

Plus, what this kid is saying just isn't adding up. He shoots on an archery team but he only has one arrow? Also, he posted a thread a couple weeks ago about how his camo clothes got ruined so he couldn't hunt anymore. Now here he is hunting again and completely missing another deer supposedly by misjuding the distance by 7 yards.

Something isn't adding up here.

4. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    How about quit depending on gadgets and learn to estimate deer yardage better.

5. rknierim

rknierim Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    All these 'poor me' threads are making me throw up a little in my mouth. Sickening. Is this kid an orphan? What parent can't come up with $10 for a cpl arrows from walmart??? C'mon

6. Bamahuntin21

Bamahuntin21 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    He probably got a while new suit of clothes a few weeks ago so now he's gonna see what else he can get out of y'all

7. hunter97

hunter97 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ok guys.. A. LEt me just make this clear.. I never asked for any arrows. B. I am not allowed to shoot my target arrows for hunting (coaches rules) . Idk how many of you guys have ever seen or shot at a #140 deer when it was almost dark but it was alittle hard for me to judge yardage and it was up hill as well. If you guys are just going to be A-holes go find someone else to pick on because im really not in the mood.

8. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Take the negative with a grain of salt man. Guys are gonna be jerks and guys are gonna be resources. sift through.

9. Bamahuntin21

Bamahuntin21 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    A. You didn't ask but you didn't mind when somebody offered. You even specified carbon. What dis you post for sympathy? B. Quit whining like a baby and you won't get picked on. I'm not in the mood to hear it.

10. hunter97

hunter97 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Of course I dint mind someone being Nice and helping me out... unlike some people...

11. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:

Dude people asked if he shot carbon or alloy....he was answering. If not in the mood to hear than don't be in the mood to comment on it. You call him a whining baby, yet you show your maturity by being as you claim he is...just saying. Respect goes a long way in both directions.

12. Berwickbuckmaster

Berwickbuckmaster Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just trying to give some sound advice... Instead of being ignorant. Do I think his story is true? No. But why embarrass him like that, he seems to do the job just fine himself.

13. Bamahuntin21

Bamahuntin21 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    If I didn't have any arrows to hunt with and somebody was giving me some I wouldn't care what they was made of I would be happy with what I got. You have to earn respect less than 2 weeks ago he had people sending people clothes because he tore his up looking for a wounded doe. Now he lost the last one of his arrows shooting at a deer and needs people to give him more. If he isn't looking for hand outs then what is he looking for? So no I don't have any respect for him. I didn't post onbhis first thread but this one just rubbed me the wrong way

14. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Now hunter97 just gonna shoot you straight but with respect.

Do you gun hunt? Perhaps you need to focus more time on becoming efficient and deadly with your bow before you think of bow hunting any more. Bow hunting is a lot more involved and more demanding that practice be masterfully done before you go hunting...even then mistakes happen at times, but by not being 100% ready you're doing the game you're chasing an injustice.

Only you know the answers to the following questions which I feel you must answer:

-Do you in your gut feel you've done your due dillegence and practiced a ton?

-On practice more so, have you practiced from elevation, feet not square, under adverse conditions (weather, tired, after running)?

-Can you put the first shot in the kill zone from a shot at "X"amount? Without any doubt in it?

-Have you set a limit to your range?
    (Mine was a self imposed 25 yard range my first year of bow hunting, 35 a couple years after that...and now up to 45 yards.)

-Are you truly making sure your gear is 100% field ready?

-Are the arrows being used in practice the same as your hunting arrows?

(I will only practice with the arrows I plan on hunting with...why wouldn't you?)

-Do you believe after answering these questions you're field ready to bow hunt?

Honestly just look through those questions, and be honest with yourself. If you feel you are field ready and you know your ability means dead deer more than it means wounded or injured deer than hunt. If not, just wait a year, perfect your "game" and come into next season ready to give some deer dirt naps come next fall. No shame at all in being honest with yourself and knowing you need to wait another year. Your still very young in the game, and have years and years ahead of yourself.

My recommendation is to gun hunt this year and just practice with the bow...but that is my advice. Take it as you will, but it's my thoughts. Only you can decide within yourself the answers to the questions...especially the last one.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  15. Schuls

Schuls Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Bottom line, you wanna support the "habit" then get a job kiddo. Guess I don't understand how someone on a state archery team can miss that many shots....and the poor me threads are a little lame, and it does make you look like you are looking for handouts.

16. jackflap

jackflap Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    To each their own...but my opinion is this is a troll jerking your chain. Enteraining for sure, but I am calling troll, and if I am wrong and everything he has said is legitimate....then like others have said, it probably best that he give it a rest.

17. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Oh wow I must have missed the state archery team comments...does seem odd.

18. Schuls

Schuls Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    tynimiller, yeah he made that comment on his first thread about missing a deer and ruining his hunting clothes. That's why I'm questioning this one now, with yet another miss but he is on a state archery team?

19. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah true schuls. But I stand behind the questions I hope he actually takes time to think about...a lot could be said with his answers and response.

20. NC_Bowhunter

NC_Bowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That sucks man but to be sure you can come up with some more arrows....I know Team 14 expects you to be a little more prepared than to have only 1 arrow...That sucks for them if they lose ya. I am not downing man b/c me and wife pretty much live paycheck to paycheck. You don't have to buy the most $ arrows and you can go somewhere like walmart and get a few that will work for the time being. Do whatever but I wouldn't leave your team hanging like that..Just my opinion...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.