Team 9

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by kskcheche, Aug 25, 2012.

1. lansea56

lansea56 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Back from the weekend hunt. Was a nice weekend and saw one small basket 6pt buck and a couple doe/fawns. Nothing of real size though. The big 12pt I'm after has been quite regular in one food plot during daylight hours. Again, was a day late from the last known time he was there. I'm going to be out of the woods for at least one, maybe two weeks now as I'm going to be away for work. I may be back in a couple weekends, in which I will most likely be looking to take a doe for the freezer. Hopefully we continue to get a bit of rain here in WI to help out the food plots additionally after a slow start. Will post a couple pictures tomorrow of the most recent trail camera pull, if I get some time before the packer game. Best of luck to everyone.

2. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great pics guys, rutin that guy almost looks like a mulie like qualities. Very cool

3. dunncty22

dunncty22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Weekend hunt here in WI was pretty slow which was very frustrating. When me and my brother got out of the truck sunday morn it was 25 degrees with a 2mph wind. Felt like november yet we were skunked on our best property... I saw 5 bear this weekend on one farm and my brother saw 10 of 3 different farms. Think its time to lease it out for bear next year because my tag isnt up for another 3 years. I will be back in the stand thursday here in Sconnie. I got a few nice food plot pics to get up later today and a few hit list buck trail cam photos. Best of luck these upcoming weeks team! lets get on the board...

4. sycamoretwitch

sycamoretwitch Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry it didn't go well for you this weekend man. Hopefully we can get some points up soon - we all have some good trail cam photos, as I've learned - photos don't always translate into filled tags!! lol Shame how that works!

5. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    That is a big buck you have on camera my friend - just need to get him out during shooting light! Good luck getting on him!

6. CMTRAV

CMTRAV Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys its less than 5 days till season opens here in Ohio. Will be looking to knock a doe down on Saturday. Property owner asked if I would take 4-5 does off the property. Not saying I wont shoot a big buck if he comes by but really looking to get some freezer meat early. Especially with my wife being due in Mid October.

7. dunncty22

Dislikes Received:
    haha yeah I hear ya. Most times in my case the ones that are shot are the ones you didnt even have on cam. Yeah im hoping it will be better. Last years rut being as crappy as it was my brother saw 14 different bucks in this same tract of woods in an all day sit. Its hard to pattern deer in 400 acres of solid timber! haha

8. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    COngrats on the baby! Yes you better knock some deer down to keep that farmer happy lol. Im itching to get out there! Ill be out Sat-Tues so we'll see what happens.

9. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Even though I'm from CT, I've been a packers fan since a young age. I can't be the only one that is in shock, awe, disbelief and pissed beyond belief right now?

10. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    I ran track in college and play basketball in high school (born in Indiana, lets just say if you don't play basketball you are a disgrace to your family name) and to this day I contend that Track and Field (minus the PED's use) is one of the greatest sports in that athletes and only the athletes dertermine the outcome of the game!! Last night was a disgrace and part of the reason I don't enjoy professional sports as a whole.

11. dunncty22

Dislikes Received:
    this guy who is born and raised in west central wisconsin is in shock. just utterly unreal.

12. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My target has reappeared, seeing some great movement. Now if he would only move about 30 minutes earlier...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. dunncty22

Dislikes Received:
    photo.jpg photo1.jpg photo2.jpg Here is a few pics of my food plot on my 300 acre timber tract. Whitetail Institute Winter Greens. Had a good frost this past week so its really sweetening up.

14. dunncty22

Dislikes Received:
    2011-09-25_12-23-51_670.jpg This is a pic of a nice one i got last year on a first year lease. Havent had it yet this season on camera but saw him shining after season last year. Core area might of moved...

15. dunncty22

Dislikes Received:
    photo3.jpg

Heres a pic after tlling and just before planting.

16. Buckwhackerman

Buckwhackerman Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in season don't open til 1st ready buddy!!!

17. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Ghille

thats a dandy Dunn

Season opens this saturday for me and im freakin chompin at the bit! Got a new little hot spot I found that Im ready to hunt. Dry creek bed with one puddle of water about 10'x3' big with tracks loaded around it. Dumped a 5 gallon bucket of fresh fallin acorns just down from it and ready for 8 ball to slip up!!!!

18. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck rutin and other guys who start this weekend or monday. I'll be out tomorrow afternoon and a cam check on a new spot friday. Hanging out with a buddy who is coming home over the weekend, but will be back at it hard monday morning. Lets puts some points on the board.

19. ArchArrow123

ArchArrow123 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah guys, sounds as if a lot of you will either be hunting this weekend or on Monday. Good luck. I have no news here for our team. I'm kinda laying low until late Oct. I was selected this year for a managed archery hunt around one of our lakes just SE of Kansas City, so that should be something different for a change - and it's only 30 minutes away from my door. Sweet!

20. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone have any luck this weekend? We are posting that big-fat zero so far! lol

I will be in the tree stand in Indiana for the first time this year tomorrow night after work. Hope to get out at least 3 nights this week. Won't be able to get a morning sit in until next Sunday. I've had some pretty decent trail camera photos over the last month or so and the food plot is looking great. Just got to be in the right place at the right time!