Private land issue: Need some advice???

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by bowsie15, Sep 21, 2012.

1. bowsie15

bowsie15 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    So I have permission to hunt on some awesome private land about 25 acres that abuts some conservation land that is open to public hunting. Now the owners have allowed me to do whatever I need to deter trespasses even shooting them.....just kidding. Any way the public land hunters are always coming across the street and coming on the property and setting up tree stands. Every year they get deeper in the property. They are even going so far as taking a few of my stands down and taking them. So this has been going on for 3 years now. The owners are worried about someone getting hurt on their property and the litter these guys leave. It's not posted that good so I am going tomorrow and posting the s*** out of it. Putting the signs high so they can't rip them down. But I need some more ideas of what I can do to try to keep them out. If they ruin this land for me by the owners just not allowing anyone to hunt would suck it is unbelievable hunting with plenty of deer. Please any suggestions you have will be awesome??????

2. dprsdhunter

dprsdhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If the landowners are behind you i would call the game warden

3. Mad Mike

Mad Mike Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Pepper spray?

4. nate

nate Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Post the S#!t out of it!
    write some posts that say something like " you are entering private property! You will be prosecuted!". Print up a bunch of them and post them under the store bought signs. You need to make a strong statement that says STAY OUT.

5. bowsie15

Dislikes Received:
    That's what I'm going to try to do but the owners don't think it will work. They are an older Italian couple and posted it years ago they said the hunters rip them down and say they didn't see any signs. The EPO's is definitely an option but I don't think they will do much without a major incident happening like a fight or something. I don't even really care about these guys shooting deer on the land that's fine if they were true sportsman but these guys suck they are slobs that leave beer bottles, coffee cups, and any other trash they come in with. They even have the balls to get pissed when you run into them telling me I messed up their hunt. I tell them they are in private property and to not come back with them yelling and swearing at me the whole way out. It's ridiculous and takes the fun out of hunting. I am constantly picking up their trash and so are the owners. I just found out also the Italian couple is selling the property for 5 million and they said they'd have had interest in it...that would stink!!!!

6. ATbuckhunter

ATbuckhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Aside from posting almost every tree ans signs there's really nothing you can do. I would have some fun and put a sign that says "if your reading this, your in range". Good luck with this cuz it a giant pain in the ***.

7. bowsie15

Dislikes Received:
    That's not a bad idea at all. Yup it's a hunting nightmare and if something seems like its too good to be true it usually is unfortunately. It would be good to win one once in a while tho ha ha

8. Brian Miller

Brian Miller Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Get a spypoint tiny w2 trailcam and catch them entering the property. When you has proof on camera it goes a long way when the warden gets involved. That might be enough to scare them away. When the cops show up with those pics they will think twice before entering.

9. Lastoneout

Lastoneout Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Catch someone. Call the warden.Make an example out of them. Be an ******* through the whole process. The word will get out you do NOT want anyone trespassing on this land.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

10. AR.Hunter.308

AR.Hunter.308 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Put up some hidden game cams to try to get pics of the perps. Then turn them in to local law and game warden.

11. AR.Hunter.308

AR.Hunter.308 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Otherwise, pitfall traps with 5 foot steaks dipped in feces. Lol

12. GmBlows9

GmBlows9 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    In IL if you paint a Purple stripe on a tree that marks it as a property line an No Tresspassing. I would take there stands an leave a Note to get there stand back call this number an give it to the DNR. it sounds like a never ending battle. Good luck

13. goldenrectangle

goldenrectangle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Post it and get the DNR involved...

14. elkhuntinut

elkhuntinut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If the landowner is behind you, prosecute one and believe me, the word will get out. It may take a year or two, but it will work in the end.

15. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just trail some of them into the woods. Watch them enter. If they tear the sign down, wait til they go back in and put it back up. Then call the CO and tell them you have tresspassers on your property right now that have in the past left beer bottles and tons of trash. That should get them coming. Meet them at the entrance, show them their truck and tell the CO to wait and you'll go walking through the woods loudly to mess the hunt up. when he gets pissed off and leaves, the CO will be waiting on him. Yes, you want to prosecute.

16. NebraskaDeerKilln

NebraskaDeerKilln Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    String up a quick electric fence where they come in and out. Make a maze of the fence. Then just sit and watch a while. Or. Wait in a stand and watch for them to cross well into the lines. Then dump a clip of. 22 rounds into the ground in a different direction( saftey first)! But make sure the property is posted for that to work.

17. choppernut

choppernut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My idea....post the hell out of the land....and if there are any treestands that arnt yours, take pictures of where they are at and take them down and either keep them in your garage or give them to the DNR....Put up game cams to catch them in the act and if you are in there hunting when they come, snap some pics of them in the area and CALL the Game Warden ASAP!!! It'll get their attention and you'll have all kinds of pictures to prove that they were somewhere that they werent supposed to be!!!

18. bowsie15

Dislikes Received:
    The trail cams ate a good idea but I bet they will get stolen too. I went over today and put a no hunting/no trespassing sign every 20 yards or so high up on the trees that abut the road that they can access the property from. I also put them in the woods on the property line. Even if it keeps a few out it was worth it but I have a feeling the guys going in there before opening day ate just going to take them down and pocket them and say they didn't see any signs.

19. bowtecharcher

bowtecharcher Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have had a problem like this in CT and we had the DEP officer get involved... asked them to drive by and have a presence. Tell them were you think the guys are entering from and what they drive. It will never get better if you dont take action. It sucks to have a good spot trespassed on. Been there!!

20. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Always get the law on your side. They stole your stands so its not just an issue for the game commission but the police as well. Talk to them both, explain your concerns, report everything that happens to them so they have a record and when someone gets caught they will take ALOT of heat. Will be enough that word will get around. And dont give up!