Shark Saves man adrift.

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by The Amatuer, Sep 18, 2012.

1. The Amatuer

The Amatuer Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Man lost at sea for 15 weeks credits shark with saving his life

Usually it's the dolphins who rescue people lost at sea and the sharks who eat folks, but not this time. Toakai Teitoi, from the Pacific island nation of Kiribati, claims a shark is responsible for rescuing him after he was stranded on a lifeboat for 15 weeks. Teitoi was reportedly lost at sea since May, after setting out on what was intended to be a two-hour voyage and losing sight of land. Fast-forward to September, when a severely dehydrated Teitoi woke from a nap at the sound of a shark bumping the hull of his 15-foot boat.

The shark then swam off, guiding Teitoi to a fishing boat that rescued him. The first thing he asked its crew for? A cigarette. Quite a fishy tale — literally

Comments found on this story...

Branson Lights said : I won't be a naysayer as I have no reason to. Animals can do very unusual things which are uncommon to their natural tendencies. Thankfully the man was rescued and I'm sure he knows the difference betweem a shark and a dolphin.

Sionyx said : Well, I believe that's what he sees as happening. A shark may well have bumped his boat to check it out, then headed off toward a fishing boat surrounded by tasty fish. However it really happened, I'm glad Teitoi survived

Freddie427 said What a bogus story. You need Columbo to solve this one. Dead brother inlaw (didn't mention insurance) buried at sea (no more evidence). Shark guided him to fishing boat. Most would have gone the other way from a shark. Fishing boat picks him up and continues to fish for a couple days because he is in good condition after being in the Pacific for almost 4 months. Columbo might even have to call in Perry Mason on this one.

thatshowiseeit said: I was lost in the forest one time and a huge hairy man like creature found me and showed me the way out. On the way out we went past a ginger bread house and he told me a really little old lady with a pointy black hat, that loved little children, lived there and she was a really nice lady! But the lady with a pointy black hat that you should watch out for, was the one with the flying monkey's, she's really nasty he said! We also saw 7 little men tolling away, with a pretty girl setting up lunch for them, then there were 3 bears going into their house and a wolf chasing a girl wearing a red hood, it was a great day!!! When we finally got to the main road, I asked him if I could get a picture of him and I, but he said no, I'm camera shy, and ran off into the forest, never to be seen again!!!!!!!!

I've been out to sea numerous time on naval ships. Without water for nearly a 105 days Ehhh???. God was definitely with him or he only gotten lost for a couple of days.

Still an interesting read of survival.

2. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm waving the oceanfront condo in tennessee flag on this one bro. :poke:

3. The Amatuer

Dislikes Received:
    One of the longest period of time I've been out to sea was 110 days straight. Man it was hot and that's with water. Ive seen a lot did a lot and experienced a lot more...but I'm calling -----

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  4. bowsie15

bowsie15 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ha ha and where did you find this article???

5. The Amatuer

Dislikes Received:
    MSNBC WEB PAGE

Man saved by a shark after drifting in pacific for 15 weeks ...
    article.wn.com/.../Man_saved_by_a_shark_after_drifting_in_pacific_...
    1 day ago – Man saved by a shark after drifting in pacific for 15 weeks ... MSNBC2012-09-17. Toakai Teitoi, Kiribati Fisherman Who Was Lost At Sea For 15 Weeks, Credits Shark For . ... Saudi man turns down cheque for saving boy's life ... Jinping has made his first public appearance in two weeks, state media said on ...