Team 9

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by kskcheche, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sunday I'll be putting up some cameras in a couple prospect spots. I have had my camera on my main spots since summer, and have these patterns down cold. Weather and everything looks good for Saturday and Monday.

2. sycamoretwitch

sycamoretwitch Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    19 days until opening day in Indiana.
    I will head strait from the office to the tree stand for evening sits that week.

3. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  4. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the heads up! I got us locked in I think!!

Hope you guys have a great weekend! I played golf yesterday afternoon for work and today in shooting in a Sporting Clays event for work - doesn't get much better than that to close out your week!!

Those of you that open the season tomorrow - lets get some points on the board!!

5. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like fun...Good luck to all the openers tomorrow. I'll be out morning and afternoon for sure with a 3d shoot on Sunday. Should be a fun weekend. Lets put some points on the board.

6. polecat_will

polecat_will Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Season starts tomorrow here in Missouri. I'll be at it all weekend. Just got word that we now have hogs on the property. Tore up at least 2 fields already. Needless to say I'm anxious to get down there this afternoon myself to check the damage. Will be also packing a rifle now for the weekend.... Good luck to anyone else hittin the woods.

7. kskcheche

kskcheche Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Finally got my bow back in order and Im happy with the way its shooting, now just have to sight it in and good to go for tomorrow morning!

8. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck guys! A few LIVE Updates this weekend would be cool!

9. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just finished the first sit. No deer but a bunch of turkeys, had super gusty winds. My early season spots are really just morning spots, I may try this afternoon just because the deer may be staying bedded all day until this wind lets up. How'd everyone else make out?

10. dunncty22

dunncty22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    First morning sit went pretty well. Very minimal wind from the SE. Cool around 35 when walking in (felt like november!:o). Saw 6 does and fawns. Sat until about 830. Also had a fisher and a coyote come through. Heading out here soon for the morning sit. Wind will play a factor in where i decide to sit tonight (SSW at 14 switching to S at 9mph). Going to relocate a few cams after tomorrow mornings hunt.

11. kskcheche

Dislikes Received:
    One real early, too dark couldnt tell what it was. A small buck and a mom and bambi. Didnt hunt this evening, but back at it tomorrow morning and possibly evening.

12. lansea56

lansea56 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Back from the weekend hunt. Does and fawns, but no bucks showed up. Could really use some rain to give the food plots a boost. It was very warm Sat. afternoon which I think shut them down after a primarily cool prior week in north/central WI. Looks to be cooling down into 50's and 60's for a high next week though. A much welcome sight. The 12pt I'm after has been showing up on the cam quite a bit with the latest pic coming Friday evening (unfortunately as it usually plays out, he didn't show up on Saturday evening). Hoping for a change of luck next weekend, but it was great to get back out there. Attached are some of the bucks from the latest cam pull at one property. Looking to try our other property a bit next wknd in which we have no cams up at.

PICT0270.jpg PICT0280.jpg PICT0408.jpg PICT0669.jpg PICT0671.jpg PICT0333.jpg PICT0296.jpg PICT0088.jpg

13. kskcheche

Dislikes Received:
    Shes a bute Clark....Dandy! Well this mornings hunt was a little more eventfull, 10 deer all fawns and does, 2 coons, 2 yotes and a turtle. Heard turkeys and seen tons of squirrels. Last deer went through around 8:30 and I stayed till 10. Trailcam pics are telling me what I dont want to see...bucks moving in the early am.

Click to Watch
    [​IMG]

4 Bucks and a doe...

Same buck in all 3, velvet with broken tine, tine gone with bloody velvet on his face, and bloody face gone with small traces of velvet left.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  14. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just had a decent buck at about 80yds...took a left instead of a right fo me. Either way I'm pumped to see deer!

15. dunncty22

dunncty22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    ill be back out in the stand tuesday here in WI. Calling for a high of 60 with partly cloudy sky. Been seeing deer every sit just no horns yet.

16. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone looking to put a doe down early on or is everyone going to wait until late November/December for that?? Just curious...

17. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm waiting till post rut, I'm totally for heard management but why kill my buck bait for November. However if everyone puts down just one doe, by previous years we can place top 3.

18. polecat_will

polecat_will Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I plan on putting a couple down before then. Need to restock the freezer!

19. kskcheche

Dislikes Received:
    I don't plan on shooting a doe until I get BBD. I shot 3 last year with my bow and no bucks. Don't expect a doe out of me unless it's the last week of the season in Jan or just pray I get him down early :D

20. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ill prob kill a doe here soon down in KY bc I lost ALL my venison in a bad power outage. Rather do it now that later so shes not breed and carrying a little one. Had a pretty uneventful weeking in KY, finally had a decent buck show up that I was after but he kept slipping me!