Team 15 Official Thread

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by SouthDakotaHunter, Aug 25, 2012.

1. rmarlow21

rmarlow21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Liked your page doublelung

2. rmarlow21

Dislikes Received:
    Josh it happens lol gotta just look back at it and laugh. Dont worry i will have a few laugh/mishaps before the season is over

3. NC_Bowhunter

NC_Bowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Lol...Thanks man...I know there will be more to come down the road lol....

4. DoubleLung

DoubleLung Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    First of all... Thanks for liking the page guys!
    Secondly, great story! Look at the bright side you have shooters in the area and it is very early in the season. I would suggest either giving that stand location a week or so off and let the deer calm down or moving your stand location to another part of the field.
    Your story reminds me of my buddies. He was in ND with a 180 class buck in his bait pile, when he got up to draw back his grunt call feel off his lap hit his hang-on stand and scared the trophy buck! LIVE AND LEARN! :) Some lessons are easier to deal with than others!

Good Luck on getting on those bucks again.. i'm sure you will!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  5. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks DL!! Yep, I hung a new set on the opposite side, where they came out, today on my lunch break. I will probably not hunt there until the weekend.... That sucks about your friend...My case is definitely a little easier to deal with lol but it still sucks....

6. Junior

Junior Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Wow...thats a bummer Josh. Upside, it was only the first day and hopefully thats a little foreshadowing of what's to come for you! Im hoping I didnt screw things up myself. Got a very late start this season and was walking into the stand to check the safety straps etc. While walking in, I spooked a nice buck about 200 yards away from the stand I intend to hunt opening day. Later when I got home and checked my trail cam pics, I discovered several pics of what appears to be the very same buck! I 'm excited yet hoping I didnt foul things up too much. Guess Ill be able to tell for sure on opening weekend! 2012-09-10 13.26.38.jpg

7. WIHoytHunter

WIHoytHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Guys~ Sorry it's been a while since I posted but it's been crazy busy at work and home. I was able to check my cameras this past weekend and got a lot of turkeys (nice toms) and 1 nice buck. I think it's a nice 8 pt. I only got half it's head in the picture. I'll try to remember to post a picture.
    Last week my bro-in-law had emergency surgery to put in a pace-maker so he is out of commission for 4-6 weeks so I am working up the courage to ask him if I can sit in stand. I feel bad taking advantage of his situation. He has a couple nice bucks roaming around, but we also gun hunt that area so I'm thinking he will want to save this area for gun season.

8. DoubleLung

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry to hear about your brother-in-law and good luck in asking him for his spot! Tell him you'll give hime the meat if you get something.. :)
    Will you be in stand this weekend? If so good luck!

9. DoubleLung

Dislikes Received:
    3 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. rmarlow21

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys just wondering what tree stands you are using how u like them brands ect. I will start i am using a hang on i made. It is ok the platfor is kinda small bit it works. Also using an older gorilla stand that was my dads. This is the first year i put it up so far just sitting n it messing around i like it platform is bigger. It was easier to hang as well. I am using tree steps for both. Next i will be switching to the climbing steps.

11. DoubleLung

Dislikes Received:
    I use Muddy Hang-on stands when I'm not 'running and gunning' however, when I am 'running and gunning' I use my Summit climber. I use a pair of Muddy climbing sticks too and I find them to be very useful. If you're looking for a big platform I'm not sure I would suggest the muddy stands but they are light easy to hang and portable.

12. WIHoytHunter

WIHoytHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I will be in Chicago this weekend. My wife has a work thing, so we are making a mini vacation out of it. Hopefully Sunday night I will get in a stand.

13. nhbowhunt

nhbowhunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    nc glad your bow is ok junior nice buck rmarlow me and my son use rivers edge hang on stands and some ladders dl i will be out sat and sun good luck everone this weekend wi good luck sun nite

14. Junior

Junior Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have several different brands of hang on stands. I honestly couldnt tell you what I have without looking at each one. I tend to prefer something with armrests, a mid sized platform, and a comfortable seat is a must, but most of my stands seem to be purchased because the price was right at the right time. I love my Summit Climber though too. Nice to change things up a bit.

15. GmBlows9

GmBlows9 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey all went out to one of my hunting spot in Pitwood IL I have permission to hunt this famers corn field that buts up to this big timber an I got out there an there was only 1 tree on the property that i have permission to hunt on. an I couldnt of put this 1 straight tree in a better spot we put out a trail cam that i will check this weekend. I have seen a ton of deer out there in the past. to answer the question about the tree stands I us a gorilla climber all though very hevy it is the most confortable.

16. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks man!!

That is a good buck man...Good luck going after him...I am sure you didn't mess his pattern up....

17. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry to here about your brother in law man...That is terrible.....Definitely would be tough for me to ask him that lol....

18. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I use about any kind they make as far as styles...MY favorite stand is probably at ladder stand. It is just easier to pick a tree and to set up by yourself. I also like using hang on and climbers. The problems with the climber is finding a straight tree that doesn't have a bunch of limbs. My problem with the hangons(I use Muddy's and Big Game) is the comfort. The Muddy cushion is comfy but not having armrest and being so small do not make it easy to sit long times. Plus you can't fall asleep in them b/c you will fall lol....I do wear a harness of course. I aslo have a Big Game Pursuit tripod that I can tote in and out if I need too. And then I also have box stands and ground blinds. They work great to in a lot of situations....

19. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Man!! Good luck to you as well....

20. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good Luck on that tree man...Maybe it is the "Perfect Tree" they talk about finding....