TEAM 25 - The Thwack Pack - OFFICIAL THREAD

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by SFarcher, Aug 26, 2012.

1. manogue4

manogue4 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    WOW. Very nice bucks Justin. This is the big boy I'm after this year. I'm thinking somewhere around 160". What do you guys think? 2.jpg
    1.jpg

2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Great looking deer - LOVE that double throat patch. I've always wanted to shoot a nice buck like that.

I'd say he'll push 160 all day long. Great tine length, nice brows and good sweeping beams. He's a keeper!

3. bowsie15

bowsie15 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good bucks guys all I'm getting on my cams is does and fawns and a couple of smaller bucks. But if the does are hanging around its only a matter of time!!!! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346965139.377707.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346965155.659719.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346965170.463578.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346965184.374694.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346965196.875810.jpg

4. BH Bowhunter

BH Bowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, great looking bucks guys! hopefully I get some good pics to post when I check my cams tomarrow.

5. manogue4

manogue4 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah Justin, the double throat patch is something I love too. The buck has so much character in it's rack and body. These are actually only two of the pictures from this guy, there are 2 or three more but there are darker pictures. Looks like our team has a bunch of high scorers on camera...let's put a few on the ground and win this thing!

6. rbhunting1

rbhunting1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nice bucks for sure! I think if Mano and Justin get their target buck and the rest of us do our share, we'll have a good shot at winning.

7. BH Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Cam check

checked my stealth cam with audio, this video is kinda cool. two weeks to go and one of the bucks on the list is still coming around. Hung the last of my stands today, starting to get anxious.[video=youtube_share;DSMLT1aNBjA]http://youtu.be/DSMLT1aNBjA[/video]

8. PCOutfitters

PCOutfitters Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys it's been a while since I've checked in and man am I excited to see what we can do this year! Some of you guys got some absolute bruisers on camera! As far as pictures go, I myself don't have much for pictures of shooters but I know of a few that I have had pictures of from last year that are still hanging around. I also just recently got permission to hunt some neighboring lands that have been off limits for as long as I've been hunting and I know they both hold deer along with being major travel routes for bucks during rut so I'm getting itchy for season to open here in good ol' MN! Unfortunately we can only get 1 buck tag here though, so I'll be holding out for the right one to walk past. I just purchased a new camera for filming hunts as well so I'll hopefully be posting a couple successful hunt videos for you guys in the near future!

9. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Well the local spots have really dried up since the velvet started comig off, which is pretty typical for this farm. The bigger guys I was watching have gone underground so I moved a few cameras around to try and locate them. We'll see what happens.

On the bright side, I did just get access to a small piece of ground I've been wanting to hunt for awhile now. It sits directly in between two of my other spots and is an area I think may hold one of the better bucks that just recently disappeared. I don't think there's a lot of deer in there, but the "right" deer is what I'm looking for. Going to hang a camera in there sometime this week and see what I can see.

Come on October!!

10. Tiny_MN

Tiny_MN Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checkin' in!

11. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Came up with a very quick/basic avatar for the team. What do you guys think? Changes/suggestions?

[​IMG]

12. rbhunting1

Dislikes Received:
    Like it Justin! I pulled cards from 3 different spots Sunday and still no shooters. On one of my spots there is lots of morning activity, probably where I'll be Saturday morning. I had picture of a basket rack 7 still in velvet this past Sat. If it's still hanging on this weekend, I'm not sure I can let him walk. If he's hardhorned, no question, I'm passing.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  13. BH Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I like the avatar Justin. Scouted out a creekbottom on friday, cooler temps thankfully. Acorns everywhere! Must be the reason I saw so many deer. Found a great pinch point and heavily used trail where they cross over to private land. I may have to sneak in and set up a pop-up blind for opening morning! A buddy sent me a picture of a buck that was found dead last season in the area. Buck Fever would be hard to contain if something like this walked in range! ResizedImage951346880542805 (2).jpg

14. Bowhunter29

Bowhunter29 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    looks like a moose!

15. bowsie15

Dislikes Received:
    If I saw a rack like that in the woods on a deer I would probably fall head first out of the stand that's unreal!!!!

16. bowsie15

Dislikes Received:

17. palmettoyounggun

palmettoyounggun Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I dont have any pics of big deer on my cams yet. Around here a big deer is 120 so i wont be able to touch these high scorers, but ill do my best to get some for the team.

18. manogue4

manogue4 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Really like the Avatar Justin! But I like that season starts for me in t-minus four days :D Good luck guys

19. PABuck_HNTR

PABuck_HNTR Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

20. rbhunting1

Dislikes Received:
    It doesn't seem like we post alot. I'm guessing that will change once the season starts. I thought it would be nice if each of us shared a little info about ourselves.
    My name is John and I am from Gentry, AR, a small town of about 3000 in NW AR. I am 43, married to a wonderful woman for 23 years. We have two adult childern and 6 mo grandaugter. I work for the USDA as a consumer safety inspector with a patrol assignment consisting of two poultry processing plants. One of which, I am scheduled to work 12 hr shifts 5-6 days a week. I started bowhunting at 14 with a Bear recurve that I still own. I couldn't honestly tell how many deer I have harvest with archery equipment, never kept a count. My largest to date is a 129 5/8" 8pt taken on public land two seasons ago.
    Ok, I rambled about myself enough, lets hear from the rest of the team.
    Saturday can't get here soon enough!