Team 22 Official Thread

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by Heckler, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not at all!

2. rkloehn

rkloehn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    buck activity has been very slow the last few weeks. no big buck pics at all. they are there i just need the rut to get them by me!!! we always kill 1-2 130+ bucks every year(3 guys) but not one has been pre rut. im going to give the first 2 weeks a go then wait till end of october.

3. rkloehn

rkloehn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    here are a few pics from our farm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. rack addict

rack addict Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    definitely got some shooters there!

5. Nate/FL

Nate/FL Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry for the delay guys hope I can still be on the team. Ive been super busy lately as I am trying to open an archery shop here in FL. Got some good bucks on cam at my lease and an hoping to get close enough for a shot at one! Good luck to all!!

6. bohica

bohica Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Seen a drop tine in one of those pics and dont worry nate we never replaced ya

7. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just in time Nathan! :)

ALL,

Replacements are being selected and it would appear they are going rather quickly. Do you all want to replace Clint82 or let it ride? I never did get a response from the PM I sent him on 9/2.

8. outdooraddict

outdooraddict Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    might as well replace him

9. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Clint82 replaced by Reese! I've seen Reese around here on and off for a long time. We shouldn't have any more issues! Atleast I hope not because he is a darn good draw!

Reese, check in! Let us know what you got going! :)

10. Reese

Reese Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in guys!!! Sorry been busy riding the rails as of late. I have two shooters picked out this year...one I passed on last year, the oher one showed up at my folks property about 3 weeks ago. Hopefully things slow down on the road shortly and I can get some stand time in, otherwise its Nov for me.

11. willhunt4food

willhunt4food Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    things are looking good here! got some new bucks that showed up, and their shooters! checked trail cams last night and there was a doe and two fawns in the field 20yds from the camera. with my new setup the deer will be well within bow range!!!! i'll post a few pics later.

12. rkloehn

rkloehn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    opening day for me!!!! ill be out tonight but winds look bad for me so i will have to hunt spots that are normally just doe producers. hopefully i can get us 50 pts or more tonight!!!!

13. rack addict

rack addict Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure how my season is gonna go. My best hunting property just sold, and worst than that we have a serious case of ehd going around. Some property's are finding 30+ deer at a time. From what looked like it had the possibilities of being my greatest year is looking more like one of my worst. I'm gonna stay positive and hunt hard still. Hopefully everything works out.

14. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My season starts Monday. I will be hunting both morning and evening! Looking to be a really good day in exception for the PM wind. Out of the north at 20 MPH. :( Highs in the upper 60's, lows in the lower 40's. Overcast all day!

15. Nate/FL

Nate/FL Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    In the stand for my first hunt of the year as we speak! Hopefully the night will end with a bloody arrow!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  16. willhunt4food

willhunt4food Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    a few new bucks CDYi0014.jpg CDYi0015.jpg CDYi0016.jpg CDYi0035.jpg CDYi0037.jpg

Attached Files:

17. outdooraddict

outdooraddict Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well I effed up, The plan worked perfectly we had the deer patterned everyday 630. He read the script I didnt. I Settled put the pin in the middle of his chest, squeezed the trigger, the lumenok looked good hit him maybe an inch or two higher than I was aiming, but he ran 15 yards stopped and I kept waiting for him to go down, he stood at about 35 for about 4-5 minutes looking back like what the heck just happend then he slowly walked to the south, jumped the horse pasture fence, I kept waiting for him to tip, the shot looked good, he zig zagged back and forth al over the east fenceline in the horse pasture not wanting to cross it again so it looked, I could see the red streak down the side of his chest, it looked good like I said maybe a hair high, finally he crossed the fence and cut in we waited til 1130, and tracked him on specs the size of pencil erasers every 10 ft to 20 yards for about 400-500 yards he stopped only twice, never bedded just kept walking slowly, then just gradually ran out of blood. I put cameras out in different spots, to see if he survived if he stays anywhere close, I just feel like I failed that deer, pretty bummed, here is the last trail camera picture we had of him, the day before I shot him on another food plot. ed.jpg

18. Backwoodshunting

Backwoodshunting Newb

Dislikes Received:

Get a dog and go try to find it even if it isnt a hunting dog they can still pick up on the scent

19. bohica

bohica Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Outdooraddict sorry to hear about the loss? Just checking in, im enjoying being back from afghanistan everything is settling in, ill be hitting the wood's in about 2 weeks. Still so hot here in nc.

20. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just checking in. Hit it hard opening day. Hunted both morning and evening. The morning was a bust.... "It was training day". Setup in a differnet spot in the evening and had 3 does and two earlings come in along with a pile of turkeys on 2 different occasions. It was really windy! I know one thing for certain.... Turkeys can see orange! :) Going out this evening as well! Check in all. Let us know what's shake'en!