Team 15 Official Thread

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by SouthDakotaHunter, Aug 25, 2012.

1. GmBlows9

GmBlows9 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome rmarlow

2. GmBlows9

GmBlows9 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Only 23 days till opening day cant wait

3. nhbowhunt

nhbowhunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    welcome rmarlow21 when dose your season start

4. DoubleLung

DoubleLung Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    rmarlow, welcome aboard... When you have a minute tell us alittle bit about yourself, where u hunt, what kind of deer your after, when your season starts, family etc... :)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  5. DoubleLung

Dislikes Received:
    Ooooo ya! 6 MORE DAYS!!! but who's counting ;)

6. rmarlow21

rmarlow21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Guess i should introduce myself.
    My name is Rich i Am 23 years old. I live in ohio. I am married have 2 boys ones 2 years old the other is 3 months old. I have been shooting a bow on and off since i was 13. This is the first year that i am really taking it seriously hunting wise, and i am pumped. All new equipment. I actually just got permission to hunt a new set of woods yesterday. So i am going to hang a stand tonight. I will post pics lol. Currently i have no trail cam pics of new woods but have been assured that it has deer. The other woods has a big 10 that i have been on for 4 years now. First time in a contest like this but i am excited should b a good time.
    Season opens sept 29 i will be out the 30th

7. NC_Bowhunter

NC_Bowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome aboard buddy!!

8. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Rich,, it is always fun an exciting to land those new hunting spots regardless of what you know about it... I have one boy and another due in December... Hopefully you can catch up with that big 10 real soon....if not you can turn in one doe for 50 points which will be good too....

9. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well Guys, I only got to hunt Saturday morning which sucked big time. We had a cool front to move in last night so I will be hunting over a freshly picked corn field tonight....NO cam at this spot but plenty of good sign. Saturday morning I saw a fawn and two yearling does. I decided to pass on the yearlings at first but the more and more I thought about it I talked myslef into shooting one. Well as I am getting my camera ready and my bow I noticed they were watching something coming...I was hoping for a mature doe but instead it was 5 turkeys....I am guessing b/c they were young deer they were just a little skiddish b/c the turkeys ran them off....I have never seen that before. All in all in was a good first hunt...I broke my tradition of not shooting a doe on opening morning but at least I had an opportunity...I know there will be plenty more....Wish me luck this evening....

10. DoubleLung

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds good... Glad your excited!

It's great if you can get points on the board with a doe or buck kill but personally I think it's just as exciting and enjoyable keeping intouch on the thread... Try to be active on this and you'll have a good time! :)

11. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

12. rmarlow21

Dislikes Received:
    I def will keep up wih the thread. Like i said will have pucks up tonight or tom of stand hung up and the area. I will def try to get points on the board lol.

13. DoubleLung

Dislikes Received:
    5 more days!

14. DoubleLung

Dislikes Received:
    SouthDakotaHunter,
    How do we get our Team name in our thread title?
    ...I noticed most teams are putting their names up and I can't figure out how they did it.. :)

15. rmarlow21

Dislikes Received:
    Hanging my stand last night
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The creek
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. DoubleLung

Dislikes Received:
    rmarlow21, nice spot! good luck with that!

17. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like a good spot RMarlow....Good Luck!!

18. DoubleLung

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Fellas! If you haven't already... please take a moment to checkout and like my 'Life at FULL DRAW' page @ www.facebook.com/upfulldraw
    Of course I'll update the thread and keep you all informed with my hunting experiences but the facebook page is a good way to follow this seasons journey through the prostaff amd myself.
    Thanks in advance for your supprt guys!

19. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    "Liked"....

20. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well I guess I need to tell you guys about my 1st evening hunt yesterday....I hate to b/c I want to punch myself every time I tell it to some one lol....

So, I go to a brand new spot that I just hung a Muddy stand last Monday...Well sometime this week they picked the corn so I new I needed to get over there....I have not had a trail camera over there. I just based my stand location on tracks and other sign. I was sitting on the inside edge of a secluded field. Well after walking about 400-500 yards from Jeep I realized I forgot my camera mount at home and my bow hanger at my jeep. I just said oh well since I was already at my stand. I climb up and after awhile a few turkeys come out which was very surprising in this area. About 7:15 the deer start pouring out of the woods on the opposite end of the field about 150 yards away...There were 3-4 little bucks and a dozen or more does. So I stand up to take my first video and get some footage of the first group that came out(Probably 6-7 deer). After a few more minutes I noticed a few more had made it out. This whole time they are all feeding my way.... So I decide to stand up and get some more video. Well, since I forgot my bow hanger I propped my bow on the seat cushion and the tree. However I did not notice that my safety harness rope was behind my bow. I am getting ready to start recording again when I untangle my safety rope from behind my head....Can You Guess What Happened Next?????? Yep, my bow plummets to the ground thru briars and all. Of course all the deer look my way b/c they were only about 90-100 yards now. About 3 seconds later the field clears and of course bringing up the rear was the first shooter buck I have seen while hunting in 2 seasons!! At that point I just wanted to jump out of the stand but I sat down and calmed down....Used some choice words about myself and then climbed down to check on my bow. Thankfully my bow was fine so with about another 20 min of shooting light left I started the walk out. As I came around the corner from the back field I noticed a deer standing about 75 away from my Jeep....Guess what??? Another shooter buck...Unreal...2 shooters in one evening...I rarely see this kind of action. All in all it was a great hunt even though I blew it. I know there are plenty of deer around this farm and at least 2 shooters....I went today and hung another set on the other side of the field so I definitely will be more prepared next time....You live and you learn so don't forget your bow hanger or camera arm lol......